Autographed books

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I bought a Gok Wan book for my daughter's birthday amongst other things. I only gave it to her yesterday and when I looked inside I noticed that the book itself was not signed just a label.

I doubt very much if Gok himself had even had hold of the book itself. I feel cheated.

Once again, QVC show one thing on the screen but it is another thing entirely when it actually arrives.

I tell you what QVC you're losing me dears. I am one of the most loyal people you'll ever meet but once betrayed I can never forgive.

If he has only signed sticky labels, which are then stuck onto the books, perhaps it should be reported to Trading Standards as it seems fraudulent to me.

I don't think I'd trust any autograph to be genuine unless it was signed in front of me. I can't say that having Gok Wan's autograph would mean anything to me anyway.

Edited to add/brag: The only autographed book I have was signed in front of me with a personal message and followed by a lovely big hug from the author

Last edited:
The signed books that QVC sell seem a huge big con.
I'm surprised they haven't come unstuck with the trading standards or who ever before now about this.
Ages ago now I read a review from someone who'd purchased a Kelly Hoppen autographed book, to find it had a signed slip of paper inside it.
Also now I've noticed someone has left a review on the Gok book saying they too were unhappy with their purchase.
They too received the book with a signed sticker stuck in it.

I've just submitted the following question. It will be interesting to see if it is actually accepted and posted, and if so, whether QVC answers it.

Is the book genuinely signed?

One review has said that the signature is just on a sticker stuck onto the book. The book is advertised as "signed", so this seems misleading.

As the signature is on a sticker, did he sign every sticker himself or were they just printed stickers with a facsimile of his signature?

They did this with Andrew Mortons book as well. I sent mine back & told them where to stick it basically.

What a flippin' swiz. Honestly, QVC are just getting worse and seem to have little or no regard for their customers these days.

I have won autographed books in the past and some were just stickers signed and attached to the book.

If i was paying full price from QVC i would expect the book itself to be actually signed and maybe a photo showing the celeb signing it.

I really do think tst this is coming under the category of false advertising. Wonder what DS would say about that?

I imagine the authors are sent a pile of stickers to their home and sit on their sofa signing them whilst watching Corrie and enjoying a glass of wine. Much easier for them than doing a book signing at Asda.

Being a huge fan of the old Hollywood film stars, I sent for the Ernest Borgnine signed auto book. Admittedly there was a signed sticker inside , BUT there was also an accompanying letter from the publlishers verying the signature and confirming the letter was a certificate of authenticity.

I would never buy a signed book from QVC. All the signed books I have are not only signed but they also have a message including either my name or the name of the person I am giving the book to. I certainly would not be happy with a signature on a sticky label!

Is funny, because when Waterstones stipulate a book has been signed by the author it has LITERALLY and ACTUALLY been signed, and not had a photocopied sticker shoved in.

Sounds like Le Q is mis-selling if it's not being clear about what is actually up for sale, and that's a tad illegal :nod:

I imagine the authors are sent a pile of stickers to their home and sit on their sofa signing them whilst watching Corrie and enjoying a glass of wine. Much easier for them than doing a book signing at Asda.

I would imagine it's the presenters in the green room waiting for their show to come on. "Get signing Craig, we've sold another three..."!

I tried to send in a review today and it was not allowed. This is what they sent me just now.

"Thanks for reviewing Gok Wan Through Thick and Thin Signed Autobiography - 760413 on QVCUK.com. Unfortunately your review wasn't published this time because it did not meet our review guidelines or review terms of use.

Your opinion is very important to us and other QVC customers, and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Gok Wan Through Thick and Thin Signed Autobiography - 760413.

Common reasons for not meeting guidelines include mentioning pricing information, reporting customer care issues or comparing the product you are reviewing with other products.

We encourage you to review our guidelines and resubmit your review on Gok Wan Through Thick and Thin Signed Autobiography - 760413."

I once had another review refused when I said that I thought that Honora pearls were no better than other pearls on QVC at a much lower price.

They've done it now as far as I am concerned. Maybe I needed a good excuse to stop watching the damn station and now I have it. I will just have to watch Bid TV or Price Drop till the early hours as I am an insomniac mainly through worry more than anything as I have had burglaries.

Latest posts

Back