Auto Delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Hello,

I want to ask (for me anyway) a 'serious question', which is never fully explained on Q. If you enter into an auto-delivery and return the first set of the auto-delivery, does that cancel future auto deliveries. The reason I ask is that a friend has just texted stating that she was interested in the Yankee USA candles that were on Auto Delivery, but didn't really like the first 3 but actually just wanted the later 'drops'. So my question is that, if returned do Q still allow the Auto-Delivery to carry on?

You still get subsequent drops after returning the first delivery. I returned some Yankee candles and the ADs continued.

I've done this in the past for yankee as I didn't want the initial set but did want the second and third drop, returned the first one and still got the others, was very happy with them too

Thanks to both for the answer to my question (I am actually surprised that Q was 'that organised', though saying that I suppose they don't want to lose out on sales, tis a pity there is no way of stating when ordering the AD that which of the 'drops' you want, thus this saves them sending out (and could potentially send it to someone else) and saves the customer the inconvenience of sending it back, candles after all are very heavy, thus expensive to send back. But thanks again for the prompt replies.

I ordered the first set in the AD fully expecting to keep them but when they came I really didn't like them so back they went. I'm not sure what happens if you return something when the drops are all the same as you would be unlikely to want the later deliveries of the same item.

Although it seems if you return a drop you still get subsequent ones, I don't think you can cancel say drop 2 before it's despatched and then still get drop 3 and 4?? You only get the option to continue getting future ADs if you actually return one. Or am I wrong?

Although it seems if you return a drop you still get subsequent ones, I don't think you can cancel say drop 2 before it's despatched and then still get drop 3 and 4?? You only get the option to continue getting future ADs if you actually return one. Or am I wrong?

This is what I've been told, though if you manage to intercept your Hermes chap or Postie you could refuse delivery which at least spares you the faff of returning it. Then if you also cancel just that delivery under the DSR (as was) you'll get your outward P&P for that drop back too. Which begs the Q, why doesn't QVC just let you phone and skip a drop to save all that palava?

This is what I've been told, though if you manage to intercept your Hermes chap or Postie you could refuse delivery which at least spares you the faff of returning it. Then if you also cancel just that delivery under the DSR (as was) you'll get your outward P&P for that drop back too. Which begs the Q, why doesn't QVC just let you phone and skip a drop to save all that palava?

Far too sensible. As discussed at length on here, their systems and processes are completely illogical, outdated and inflexible.

Latest posts

Back