Australian Bodycare TSV 05/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JF has probably got this in her bathroom because her and her husband use it, along with SBC, Molton Brown, Elemis, Decleor and so on. I caught a bit of the tacky Alison Cork show were she went over orgasaming over the large mirror, of course she "has one in her bedroom" she states and "everyone comments on it" eh? too much information! :mysmilie_15:

Apparently she uses ABC tea tree wash every day in the shower FIRST before using all of her other ranges as well AFTER! Talk about a waste of product - she likes the smell of the second wash apparently!

Superdrug does really good value tea tree wipes - including some sensitive skin ones which I use on my face from time to time...

I was rec'd them here last year and agree they're a great budget alternative to the ABC ones. Great to freshen up in sticky weather - I even use them inside my sandals and on my walking stick handle. I keep my wipes in a ziplock bag when opened to stop them drying out.

Apparently she uses ABC tea tree wash every day in the shower FIRST before using all of her other ranges as well AFTER! Talk about a waste of product - she likes the smell of the second wash apparently!

What a lot of rubbish comes out of JF's mouth is short of amaazing. Does she think she is clever? Just seen her on Bargain Hunter, terrible sales techniques 'I'd snap one of these straight away if I were you at only 37 pounds'. Really??? those earrings looked like the ones I got off ebay for £2.50, less than the P&P.

I did notice someone on the QVC Facebook page go on about how the range is pushed at natural ingredients. Yet full of SLS a cheap foaming agent which many have problems with.

I don't have a problem with SLS so don't really understand the hoo-ha over it. My sister freaks out about using "natural" stuff like ABC without it in, yet uses Molton Brown and other high-end products with it in. She also uses toothpaste and shampoo that lists it as an ingredient. She has no "reactions" when using these products. She's not the only one, either. I have a few friends who insist on their "natural" products not including it, stating that it's really "bad" for them, but again, they happily use "posh" stuff with it. I'm truly puzzled.

I've used some pretty yuck non-SLS stuff over the years which has normally been more expensive as it plays on the SLS fear that some people have (obviously not those with a genuine reaction).

For me the reason I buy SLS free things is because members of my family do have slightly sensitive skin and we find that products with SLS make them itch terribly. It's not a fear of scary things happening and I don't go mad for organic things or natural things or anything like that, but it's been proven that the SLS in products strips the skin of its natural oils so effectively that it interferes with the body's natural balance. In some people it can actually cause sensitivity.
There was a programme on the telly a while ago where one of the telly doctors (the good looking one that has an identical twin who's also a doctor ?) was looking into its effects and used it daily on a specific piece of skin on his arm for a week or so, and he found that it was actually causing eczema symptoms. I found it interesting because we'd already found using stuff without it in really helped, so watching that programme made us understand why.
I've bought ABC stuff in the past and I did like the smell etc, but it made our lot itch so I don't get it any more. I found a good tea tree alternative on a recommendation from here, from Holland and Barrett called Dr Organics - they do whole range of stuff.

sls is made from coconuts its cheap as chips i suspect thats one of the main reason why some people dont like it.

Agreed, I don't buy sls free shampoo because I'm a snob, I buy them because if I use sls included products they set's my scalp/skin on fire. Luckily it doesn't affect my skin as much, so shower products on the whole are not so bad.

There are people who don't want to use products with particular chemicals in because of skin sensitivity. I do agree that there are people who have more of a hit and miss approach to these chemicals - rejecting them in cheaper products, but ignoring them in branded products.

I do use ABC skinwash, and on my body, that's absolutely fine. Scalp or face - definitely not. I like L'Occitane products, but won't buy any of their foaming products that contain the SLS - for the price they charge it annoys me that they are still using the cheapest of the cheap foaming agent.

As I colour my hair, it makes a heck of a lot of sense to avoid SLS-containing shampoos, as it strips out the colour faster than non-SLS shampoos. To preserve colour you really need low-foaming or non-foaming hair cleansing products. It can save you a lot on dyeing your hair to go the non-SLS route. That said, everyone has a different experience, and if your experience is different then you will make your decisions based on that.

Agreed, I don't buy sls free shampoo because I'm a snob, I buy them because if I use sls included products they set's my scalp/skin on fire. Luckily it doesn't affect my skin as much, so shower products on the whole are not so bad.

Same here. It took me a long time to figure out that it was my shampoo that was causing my dry, irritated scalp but now I use OGX products and I have no problems. Luckily I don't seem to react to shower and bath products at all. So my problem literally is all in my head - sensitive scalp and rosacea! :mysmilie_478:

Latest posts

Back