Australian Bodycare TSV 05/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got two packs of the travel size wipes and an unopened refill of the skin wash, plus the 1L bottle I have in my shower, so I'm out.

I've been using my ABC 1 litre (last of my stash) for about 1 month. Each bottle lasts me at least 6 months, so I think I will take a chance and pass on this and wait for the next one. I don't have any interest in a set with the wipes.

I love the wash (would never have even thought of trying it had I not read about the ladies who love it here - and gents, too, of course), and find it wonderfully refreshing in the summer months. Plus, with my wonderful hormonal changes, it's the only stuff that seems to keep me feeling fresh. I'm also an avid re-cycler, but I dislike the refill in this range. The plastic feels like it's going to degrade before I can use it and it's really difficult for me to get in the bottle without help.

I really wish they'd have replaced it with a large body lotion as I go through this a lot, too.

I've been using my ABC 1 litre (last of my stash) for about 1 month. Each bottle lasts me at least 6 months, so I think I will take a chance and pass on this and wait for the next one. I don't have any interest in a set with the wipes.

I think they put wipes in every TSV - they are a cheap filler.
I'm very underwhelmed by this set, no extras freebies to try.

Australian Bodycare 3 Piece Tea Tree Essentials Collection
Item Number: 218644
QVC Price £38.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £5.95

This versatile three-piece Tea Tree collection from Australian Bodycare features two top-rated customer favourites: a supersize Tea Tree Oil Skin Wash with supersize refill, and a supersize pack of Tea Tree Oil Wet Wipes that are ideal for on-the-go cleansing. Take advantage of this fantastic offer on popular products that you will want to stock up on, and leave your skin feeling refreshed and invigorated every day.

Tea tree treat - this fantastic skincare range is enriched with natural tea tree oil, famous for its antibacterial properties, and is inspired by the ancient traditions of the Aborigines, who would bathe in the lakes where the tree's leaves fell.

Salon special - Australian Bodycare is one of the UK’s most prominent and well-respected tea tree ranges. Not available in high street stores, ABC is available in almost 5000 salons in the UK and Ireland.

Contains:

1 x Tea Tree Oil Skin Wash (1000ml; supersize) - a gentle hand and body wash that's suitable for everyday use by all the family. This non-drying formula protects and leaves the skin fresh and hygienically clean
1 x Tea Tree Oil Skin Wash Refill (1000ml; supersize) - a convenient refill pack that saves on packaging and space
1 x Tea Tree Oil Wet Wipes (74 wipes; supersize) - these hygienic wet wipes contain one percent tea tree oil and are alcohol and fragrance free. Gentle and soft on the skin, they can be used for everything from cleansing the skin and removing stubborn make-up to cleaning children's work surfaces

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.218644

Good Lord JF`s gob is in overdrive launching the tsv. She needs gagging and of course she just lovessssssssss everything in the range. Yeh right Jill !

Good Lord JF`s gob is in overdrive launching the tsv. She needs gagging and of course she just lovessssssssss everything in the range. Yeh right Jill !

You should've seen the preview for the tsv she did at about 11:30pm - it was even worse! It was like she was in a melodrama I've never heard someone so OTT about bodywash!
I've noticed she's been getting more animated/desperate recently especially doing tsv launches! It makes me feel breathless watching her (not to mention more wound up by her than usual!)...

I have noticed that, as a rule of thumb, the less Jill Franks likes a range, the louder she shouts about it, so I'm guessing she's not an ABC user! When she is on with brands that she is genuinely interested in, she is a different presenter. Even my husband commented on how calm and quiet she was on a Lola Rose show the other week, and I think that's because she actually likes the range, and therefore relaxes and just loses herself in the products. Let's face it, as a sales person, the pressure is a lot higher when you are trying to flog something that you wouldn't be seen dead in, as the patter isn't going to come as naturally, and I think she sometimes overcompensates for this.

JF has probably got this in her bathroom because her and her husband use it, along with SBC, Molton Brown, Elemis, Decleor and so on. I caught a bit of the tacky Alison Cork show were she went over orgasaming over the large mirror, of course she "has one in her bedroom" she states and "everyone comments on it" eh? too much information! :mysmilie_15:

the body lotion is very nice i suspect there will be a lot of sbc add on's tommorow to go with the tsv anather tactic to increase sales

The price isn't attractive enough for me to purchase. I have enough to last until the next tsv and if I ran out I have plenty alternative body wash to use. Passing on this one therefore.

I did notice someone on the QVC Facebook page go on about how the range is pushed at natural ingredients. Yet full of SLS a cheap foaming agent which many have problems with.

QVC could do so much better, particularly on their website, in publishing ingredients for the wares they are selling. It would be a positive start. They'd rather include the marketing drivel than anything meaningful to assist shoppers with understanding what ingredients are in the potions they are being tempted with.

If they chose to, perhaps they could lead on selling cosmetics and toiletries which are free from some of the problematic ingredients? Or even go all the way to only stocking cruelty-free ranges (although I would note that that wouldn't automatically mean that some of the "nasties" are excluded). They won't, but I believe they could because even if their buyer-power isn't quite what it's hyped up to be, they do ship very high volumes. Maybe if all the QVCs across the world got together they could be a real force for good in the beauty industry, as a major retailer.

Perfect for me and my family. Son and hubby use in the shower. Use on daughter and son's hair as apparently nits loathe Tea tree (kids are 6 & 4)

I use in the shower on "certain" bits, especially in summer. My skin feels amazing and fresh when I use it.

Since "gifting" the skin wash to my brothers a few years ago, both of them say to me "can you get me more of that stuff" when they are close to running out. Yes I know I should not be kitting my adult brothers out with shower gel when they have lovely wives and girlfriends. But they do ask and I oblige cos I am soft.

with kids the ages they are, the wipes are really really useful and always get used. Will be taken on holiday with us. Perfect for the long car journeys and cleaning up on the go.

Really glad no useless deoderant and body lotion in this TSV and don't need the tea tree oil as they last forever.

Perfect for me and my family. Son and hubby use in the shower. Use on daughter and son's hair as apparently nits loathe Tea tree (kids are 6 & 4)

I use in the shower on "certain" bits, especially in summer. My skin feels amazing and fresh when I use it.

Since "gifting" the skin wash to my brothers a few years ago, both of them say to me "can you get me more of that stuff" when they are close to running out. Yes I know I should not be kitting my adult brothers out with shower gel when they have lovely wives and girlfriends. But they do ask and I oblige cos I am soft.

with kids the ages they are, the wipes are really really useful and always get used. Will be taken on holiday with us. Perfect for the long car journeys and cleaning up on the go.

Really glad no useless deoderant and body lotion in this TSV and don't need the tea tree oil as they last forever.

Oh, yes - perfect for "pits 'n' bits" in the summer. I always feel cleaner and fresher for longer after using it yet it doesn't have a fragrance conflict if I use a different shower gel all over.

I also like the wipes, though wouldn't go out of my way to purchase them separately. Agree that I'm glad there's no deo in it as it does nothing for me. If they'd replaced the refill with a good sized lotion like a 500ml, I would have been tempted. I'm well-stocked on the wash so won't bother this time.

I have noticed that, as a rule of thumb, the less Jill Franks likes a range, the louder she shouts about it, so I'm guessing she's not an ABC user! When she is on with brands that she is genuinely interested in, she is a different presenter. Even my husband commented on how calm and quiet she was on a Lola Rose show the other week, and I think that's because she actually likes the range, and therefore relaxes and just loses herself in the products. Let's face it, as a sales person, the pressure is a lot higher when you are trying to flog something that you wouldn't be seen dead in, as the patter isn't going to come as naturally, and I think she sometimes overcompensates for this.

I wish this were true! But she's a huge fan of the Australian body care and it made her even more manic because she was genuinely passionate about it for once! But I agree, she does often fake it with so many products and you can tell she's embellishing the truth and just starts rambling and talking nonsense in a desperate way!
Not sure if she wears bibi bijoux (which I loathe!) but I just caught ten mins of the show and she was literally gabbling and not stopping for breath! I do find her exhausting to watch and very fake on screen...

Oh, yes - perfect for "pits 'n' bits" in the summer. I always feel cleaner and fresher for longer after using it yet it doesn't have a fragrance conflict if I use a different shower gel all over.

I also like the wipes, though wouldn't go out of my way to purchase them separately. Agree that I'm glad there's no deo in it as it does nothing for me. If they'd replaced the refill with a good sized lotion like a 500ml, I would have been tempted. I'm well-stocked on the wash so won't bother this time.

Superdrug does really good value tea tree wipes - including some sensitive skin ones which I use on my face from time to time...

I did notice someone on the QVC Facebook page go on about how the range is pushed at natural ingredients. Yet full of SLS a cheap foaming agent which many have problems with.

I was going to comment on that - I was really shocked to see it contained SLS as they really play on the quality of the tea tree and so forth. I prefer the 'Australian Tea Tree' organic range which is SLS and paraben free formula, organic and cheaper (unless you really want bulk which I don't!)
I also rate Naissance tea tree body lotion - really high percentage of tea tree and excellent for after waxing etc.
If you're on a budget Faith in nature do a tea tree range which is also SLS etc free!

Latest posts

Back