Attitudes by Renee Dip Dye Twinset TSV 18/04/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Reenie seems a nice person but I have never been tempted by her fashion, it seem rather cheap and fussy, but then again that can be said about most of the qvc fashion...

Not for me - I'm no lover of polyester twin sets, in any form. I'm really surprised it hasnt got a 'waterfall' front to it !!!!!

I also find that 'long' tops that cover the bum, make me look larger, does anyone else agree with me ? I'm 5'7 with a bust and a bum, so regardless of where I get my tops, whether its Q , M & S or M & Co, I generally shorten them by 5". It makes such difference. They sit at just hip level and I look nowhere near as large - shove a jacket on top and I've immediately lost half a stone !!!!

Brissles you are spot on about the length of tops! The reasoning for the long length covering body faults is often a mistake, plus being only 5' myself I can buy shorter tops and they still look like tunics.

If this were about £25 and just printed without sequins it would tempt more buyers, the price is too high!

Jude xx

Thanks Akimbo, I thought it was just a peculiarity to me. But it obviously affects all heights - this misconception about covering the bum and tum to hide everything, when in fact it does the complete opposite. I'm no fashion guru, but I know what looks right and what doesn't, and long tops and long cardigans do no-one any favours. I keep my local alteration shop in work with the amount of T shirts and tops I take in that need to be shortened.

Another regular statement I do not adhere to is the - V necks give the appearance of a smaller bust. Not on me they dont ! I steer clear of them - they make me look "matronly" despite wearing a good bra. Slash necks are more flattering I find, or the 'straight across the bust with spaghetti straps' are good too. But thats just me, others may beg to differ.

If you blur your eyes and look at a person's overall outline then the long tunic worn by an apple shape (like myself) comes across as a big shapeless oblong or barrel with apparently short wee legs dangling beneath that seem to start at mid-thigh level. Couple this with cropped trousers and the legs look no longer than 18" long! I'm booby as well and prefer myself in a square, scoop neck or slash. Julia always looks better in clothes that at least allude to a waist (as long as she's in the right size), that promo with her in a red shapeless dress isn't her best look.

Brissles if it weren't for the difference in height we could be twinnies LOL!

Jude xx

I've got a couple of Renee tops. One plain colour with diagonal ruffles in a berry colour. The other is animal print with an uppy downy hem. I really like both. They are quite short though but that's OK for me I've got long legs and a short body. :eek:)

Never bought a twinset so probably not sure I should start now.

QVC seem obsessed with twin sets and ruffles/waterfall shapes. I suppose the two pieces are perceived as added value so that they can justify a higher price! and the ruffles are aiming to camouflage tummies but I wish they'd surprise me with something new! They've been banging on about being surprising but I've been feeling the opposite for about 6 or 7 years!

Jude xx

If you blur your eyes and look at a person's overall outline then the long tunic worn by an apple shape (like myself) comes across as a big shapeless oblong or barrel with apparently short wee legs dangling beneath that seem to start at mid-thigh level. Couple this with cropped trousers and the legs look no longer than 18" long! I'm booby as well and prefer myself in a square, scoop neck or slash. Julia always looks better in clothes that at least allude to a waist (as long as she's in the right size), that promo with her in a red shapeless dress isn't her best look.

Brissles if it weren't for the difference in height we could be twinnies LOL!

Jude xx

I remember many years ago, seeing a very large lady dressed head to toe in black.
Someone else nearby was heard to say "I think someone told her black was slimming, unfortunately it just makes her look like a giant blackcurrant" :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not a great sequin lover so that kind of rules it out for me. I did like the recent 2 pairs of cut offs TSV, they were decent value.

Latest posts

Back