At last! Android App

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I have been asking about an Android App ever since the I Phone App came out.

This week there have been a couple of mentions on QVC that it was NOW available.

When I went to look at Play Store though it wasn't there.

However, now it is. Yay!

So it is!! And about time too. Bl**dy Apple monopolising everything again :rolleyes: lol

Thanks for the heads up GG :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

True! It would probably be QVC's fault for not appointing someone to write an Android App in the first place.

Why write one just for the I Phone when there are supposedly more Android users anyway.

Ideal World, a much smaller company have had BOTH apps all along.

I have got an android phone but cant find the app in the Market.....:headbang:

But then again, I previously downloaded QVCUS app from there (by mistake) but that seems to have gone too.

If you can't find it then your phone is probably using an older version of Android. The QVC app needs 2.2 or above - Google Market/Play doesn't present apps that your phone can't handle.

If you can't find it then your phone is probably using an older version of Android. The QVC app needs 2.2 or above - Google Market/Play doesn't present apps that your phone can't handle.

Yes I think you are right because I have Android 2.2 and I had no problem downloading it from Play store. I just searched for QVC and selected QVCUK

I have never used Google market or play.....just Marketplace.....

Now wondering how I find what android version I have!

Okay.....seem to be on Google play now and it says it is downloading QVCUK app but that I have to sign in....

Confuzzled? Moi???

Last edited:
As an ignoramus about smartphones, can you get free software updates, like you can with Windows updates?

If not, does that mean your phone rapidly becomes totally outdated, howver much it cost?

To see what version of Android on an android phone:
On phone search and select 'Settings', look down the list and select 'About phone', look down the list and selet 'Software information' and there you will see Android Version for example mine is '2.2.1'.
To check if there is a later version available for your phone or Android device cancel out of 'Software information' and select 'System software updates' and tick the 'Scheduled check' tickbox if it is not selected. Then select 'Check Now'. Usually the phone prompts you for an update so the message will probably be 'Your phone is up to date'

I'm technically challenged, compared to most of you. :blush: I can't even find the app on Play to download it. Could someone point me in the right direction please - what do I type in the Play search box? I've got a new phone so I'm assuming it will be ok, but as I can't find the link/app on Play to try it I won't know if my phone is suitable or not. :thinking:

As an ignoramus about smartphones, can you get free software updates, like you can with Windows updates?

If not, does that mean your phone rapidly becomes totally outdated, howver much it cost?

yes the phones/tablets do become outdated as the phone companies/network providers want you to keep upgrading.

I have an HTC wildfire (aimed at the teenager market). I've had it for 2.5 years. The last software upgrade to android 2.2.1 (called froyo) was at least a year ago and I was able to download it. I don't think HTC have released a new software version for it (my phone) and probably will not do one again. Think Microsoft not supporting old operating systems. The newer Android phones are using version 4 (called icecream sandwich) but there may be a later version than that as I'm out of touch. Luckily Android 2.2.1 was a significant software release and my phone still has alot of functional capability.

On the other hand I have an extremely cheap tablet - a disgo 6000 and that is on android 2.1 and the company who created it messed up their software upgrades for existing customers and I'm stuck on that version. I know where to find 2.2 for it but I could brick the whole tablet and I don't have the time to follow the complicated instructions anyway. I just use it to look at websites in the evening and it does boot alot faster than a laptop so until prices on tablets drop I'll continue with it.

Latest posts

Back