Arrrrggghh!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
I feel like screaming!! Why does Sally the model always swing around, pull the skirts and dresses so much??? How many of us go about turning around and around so much or go about pulling and tugging our clothes ? Yes, it is nice to know that the fabric is stretchy, and yes, it is good to know that the skirt has a swing to it, but this woman overdoes it, far too much :headbang::headbang:
I would like to know how a dress or a skirt hangs on a body, but Sally never keeps still for me to see that:headbang:
Twice today, I nearly rang QVC to tell them to ask Sally not to twirl around so much!

I think she's lovely but have often thought that she doesn't look comfortable standing out the front on her own - this would explain some of the things that annoy you, and also why her smile doesn't quite reach her eyes unless she's sharing a moment with someone else.

It annoys me too, nearly as much as when Goody moves her long hair to her front when showing us the back of whatever she's modelling. Perfectly acceptable if the back of the garment has some fancy or unusual detailing, but more often than not it hasn't. I think it's just a habit now...

It annoys me too, nearly as much as when Goody moves her long hair to her front when showing us the back of whatever she's modelling. Perfectly acceptable if the back of the garment has some fancy or unusual detailing, but more often than not it hasn't. I think it's just a habit now...

Goody drives me mad doing that with her hair. I'd love to get the garden shears and chop it off. As for the models pulling the clothes out to show how they stretch, why? Everything they sell on QVC is stretchy polyester.

but if she didn't move her hair you wouldn't know? i dunno, i think she's being quite courteous to make sure we can see the back - how high the neck is etc.

I rarely watch/buy QVC fashion, but what bugs me most is when the models come on with a bag that is described as a shoulder bag and proceed to 'model' it the whole time carried over their arm. If it's being described and sold as a shoulder bag then flippin' well show it being worn over the shoulder so we can see if the strap length is in fact long enough do so. It's so frustrating ordering a 'shoulder bag' and getting it home and realising there's not a chance it will go over the shoulder unless you're a size zero skelf. They should have a model showing a shoulder bag worn over the shoulder while wearing a coat or jacket.

but if she didn't move her hair you wouldn't know? i dunno, i think she's being quite courteous to make sure we can see the back - how high the neck is etc.

I know what you mean janie, but it still really winds me up! If she feels the need to move it all the time, shouldn't she consider wearing it up or something? After all, it should be about the garment not how the model thinks her hair looks best...

Goody is a pro model and does her job properly. You'll notice that she also tilts her chin down slightly when she turns her back to the camera, making her neck look longer. Sharon does this too, as do a few of the more experienced models. It's all about making the clothes look good so you lot pick the phone up.

You rarely see Goody doing beauty, and NEVER Sharon. And there are others who only do beauty and rarely fashion. I suppose the clever ones are those who are adept at both.... Look at how long stalwarts Tanya and Amica have been Making themselves indispensable. I think it's a shame that this old school type of modelling is dying out. It makes me laugh that people criticise Sharon for twirling, err... she's showing you the clothes? from all angles? and trying to make them look good! get it? I do agree about the stretchy thing though, but imagine this is peculiar to QVC and it's obsession with elastane.

It harks back to an era when modelling was a vocation, and the girls were considered something special. Far from the drug riddled, tobacco-reeking miserable bitches who get thrown down runways nowadays, and are in rehab and on the scrap heap by the time they're 25.

I agree with everything that you have said in your post BurlyBear. Models used to have a kind of grace and elegance that we don't see much these days.
Very interesting to to know about why the models bend their neck, I have noticed Goody and Sharon doing that,more Goody really and I thought it was to hold her hair back:doh:
Well learnt something new, thanks.

Latest posts

Back