ARK - New skincare range

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just tuned in to see this new range. I agree the woman with AY doesn't look that great and as for AY - another dodgy hair day plus dodgy outfit. Am debating about dipping in but will wait until I have used up some of the ton of Gatineau stuff I have acquired. Must not buy

Did she remind anyone of Lianne Battersby? No?

Ahem..me neither!:smirk:

Jude xx

The fact that - in theory - I would have to get the one for +50 is enough to put me off. Knowing that every time I used it, I would be reminded that I am now, (whisper it) +50, would depress me so much, that before long I would feel about 900.
It's bad enough that every time I fill in a survey there are fewer and fewer age group boxes left to tick......

Exactly. That's why I think it will flat on QVC eventually. The brand I use won't go on QVC because consultation face to face is the most important part to determine the right products for you so that you get the results you want. Dermalogica is another brand that firmly believes this too.

I remember ARK Health & Beauty salon featured in one of the trade magazines years ago but they didn't have their own skin care range then.

ARK's website mentions the skin assesment or to pop into the salon for a consultation so think it will be hard doing the 'if you're sat there at home looking in the mirror and your skin is......' scenario, people will end up with the wrong products because there are so many factors considered in a consultation such as allergies, medication, lifestyle etc.

http://www.arkskincare.com/skin_assessment.php

This is interesting too on 'How it works'
http://www.arkskincare.com/page.php?pageId=1

I had a skin assesssment in Boots the other day by Bio Therm. I am 52, have taken good care of my skin since the age of 13 when I started wearing make-up. The analysis said my skin elasticity was fine but I was slightly dry. What category would I fit into with ARK (haven't seen the show, just read your threads but agree TV analysis seems wrong).:wonder:

as old as the ark!

personally she has made a bit of a fool of herself selling this range when she looks as if she has never touched a pot of astral in her life.
very dry wrinkled sagging skin i think she needs use alpha-h myself.. :confused:

I watched 20mins of this and found it unwatchableso switched over. I felt a bit sorry for the guest who had to deal with quite a befuddling system of different item numbers for say cleansers for each age group so AY was constantly interrupting her with item numbers and reiteration of the product names. OK the prices were a bit different for each age agroup but QVC aren't doing themselves any favours by doing that. Just go for one price for each class of product and offer different optoins.

Also I'dgive the guest the benefit of the doubt for not being too slick as it was her first time on QVC. If they come back she'll soon learn some stock phrases to spiel out for each product and then bore us to tears with those. And as far as her skin goes it did look a bit flat/dull but at least she hadn;t had obvious work done. Perhaps LE should lend her her makeup artists?

not her own shop front

i dont think its o.k for someone who owns a skincare company to look like that. its not about beauty but her skin is in horrid condition she needs work done.

sarah chapman really pitch dry skin anather case in point. dry skin if kept moisurised with the right skincare used early enough can look lovely and is easy to look after as there are some excellent products for this skin type.

lorraine from sbc, michelle from alpha-h,alison young our resident beauty expert even fiona from decleor look o.k and obviously use something and it shows.:bandit:

The lady on QVC last night, Shula is 44. I think her skin looked parched but it might be the makeup she had on which looked quite thick and cakey.

I was watching too and got so confused with all the different prices for cleansers and moisturisers and the different levels that I switched off.

I agree that each cleanser etc should have been given one item number and each level given as a choice just like any other skincare brand on QVC. I think QVC lost potential customers in that hour.

Tbh I don't think this one's a stayer , its not very popular at all on the QVC FB page.

Went away for a few days and was going to record this show and forgot!

Hopefully be able to catch a repeat somewhere as I'm curious to know how this was presented.

By the comments I've read here looks like it didn't go very well. :wonder:

Latest posts

Back