ARK - New skincare range

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw a quick note of this on an email I recieved from qvc.I just don't see how it can work by age rather than skin type.I'm 36 and have have very different skin to say my colleagues,in my age group - and all of us have different skin to say my SIL,also the same age????

I saw a quick note of this on an email I recieved from qvc.I just don't see how it can work by age rather than skin type.I'm 36 and have have very different skin to say my colleagues,in my age group - and all of us have different skin to say my SIL,also the same age????

I agree. I did Google this range the other day. You can't give someone skincare based on their age. I immediately thought this will not be a long term range.

You will probably find your skin belongs in the lower age group but think this range is just going to confuse people.

I totally agree. I would be in the mature skin group because of my age, but do not have dry skin. Infact quite a few creams break me out because they are too rich and heavy.

I haven't found any full listing of ingredients !

Anyone found them ?

It usually is the easiest way not too be tempted ! :cheeky::angel:

I agree with you that it is difficult to define skin needs by age, but I bet those of us who watch the show will soon wonder how we ever doubted them and there'll be a scramble for the phones! Stick to your convictions girls and don't be swayed.

well I won't be convinced! I have roscea and have to be very careful what I use on my skin.I do my LE for my teenagers - but other than that I have very little in QVC's beauty dept.Now make up is another matter :blush:

You could judge it on skin age rather than physical age in which my case being 36 and with decidely dodgy skin I'd be looking at a range for 200 years olds - do they go that old lol

I get dryness too but my skin won't tolerate anything too rich for a long time but I'll tune in to see what its all about as I've seen the range online before and thought it looked interesting

You could judge it on skin age rather than physical age in which my case being 36 and with decidely dodgy skin I'd be looking at a range for 200 years olds - do they go that old lol

I get dryness too but my skin won't tolerate anything too rich for a long time but I'll tune in to see what its all about as I've seen the range online before and thought it looked interesting

As it happens the brand that I use on clients and on myself (inbetween QVC ranges which I have to check out for research purposes...cough cough!) is actually based on skin age which is far more appropriate. I fall in the the catergory below my actual age (which feels fab!) which can happen if you have taken good care of your skin over time. You do have to fill in a questionaire etc like ARK but don't know how they are going to do this on air as I think it is a very important part to determine the exact products for you.

I shall be watching out of curiosity but need to be heavily convinced to jump to the phones (for research purposes of course!) :happy:

I checked on the ARK website and was, initially, quite impressed by it. It contains no animal ingredients and is not tested on animals either by ARK or any other companies on their behalf. The only down side is that animal testing has only been non existent since 1997, the legal cut off date for animal testing.

I still think I will stick with elemis.

Yet another skincare range to tempt me.

New Mantra... I must not buy , I must not buy

As it happens the brand that I use on clients and on myself (inbetween QVC ranges which I have to check out for research purposes...cough cough!) is actually based on skin age which is far more appropriate. I fall in the the catergory below my actual age (which feels fab!) which can happen if you have taken good care of your skin over time. You do have to fill in a questionaire etc like ARK but don't know how they are going to do this on air as I think it is a very important part to determine the exact products for you.

I shall be watching out of curiosity but need to be heavily convinced to jump to the phones (for research purposes of course!) :happy:

So how are they going to sell it properly without a consulation?
Oh dear, it might be a really great brand and all but people are not going to get the correct regimen. Actually makes me think of Prescriptives and the foundation, you really needed to go to a counter to find out what shade group you fitted into. Instead QVC did the usual, Fair,Light,Med and Dark.

So how are they going to sell it properly without a consulation?
Oh dear, it might be a really great brand and all but people are not going to get the correct regimen. Actually makes me think of Prescriptives and the foundation, you really needed to go to a counter to find out what shade group you fitted into. Instead QVC did the usual, Fair,Light,Med and Dark.

Exactly. That's why I think it will flat on QVC eventually. The brand I use won't go on QVC because consultation face to face is the most important part to determine the right products for you so that you get the results you want. Dermalogica is another brand that firmly believes this too.

I remember ARK Health & Beauty salon featured in one of the trade magazines years ago but they didn't have their own skin care range then.

ARK's website mentions the skin assesment or to pop into the salon for a consultation so think it will be hard doing the 'if you're sat there at home looking in the mirror and your skin is......' scenario, people will end up with the wrong products because there are so many factors considered in a consultation such as allergies, medication, lifestyle etc.

http://www.arkskincare.com/skin_assessment.php

This is interesting too on 'How it works'
http://www.arkskincare.com/page.php?pageId=1

Is anyone else watching?

I'm just confuzzled by all this. I mean - I understand the concept of the range, but I just don't see how this can (as has already been said) be effectively sold on QVC. I feel a bit confused by what the guest is saying. She's saying you need to go off your actual age and buy the products that are designed for your age group but at the same time it just seems like A.N. Other skincare range with nothing really different or new to recommend it to me.

Maybe I've just been dazed and confused by all the myriad brands for too long.

Feh.

I'm just watching the ARK skincare hour. Seems a logical range with three main ranges aimed towards ingredients for young,mid age and ancient groups. I dont think the founders(guest on at the mo with Ali Y) skin is a great advert for this range - looks a bit dull on my telly? - might be her makeup though - too much powder maybe? looking forward to any reviews on here or the QVC website.

She isn't a good advert - and she doesn't really seem to know about ingredients either. Just seems to be stumbling over everything. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back