Are they getting rid of Clarisonic?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wsmiam

Registered Shopper
Hi all,

Long time reader of this forum and I just registered today to ask this question about Clarisonic...

They had the Clarisonic plus in stock until just before Xmas and the Mia was available on waitlist...
And they had the Opal

Now however, all they have is a few cleansers and the body extension handle thing.

Has anyone any idea what is going on? I bought a clarisonic on QVC when it was TSV a couple of years ago but I dropped it and I badly need another one but want to get it when it's TSV as they usually do a great bundle (extra cleansers/heads etc. ).
Frustrated, been waiting months and nothing!

Hi all,

Long time reader of this forum and I just registered today to ask this question about Clarisonic...

They had the Clarisonic plus in stock until just before Xmas and the Mia was available on waitlist...
And they had the Opal

Now however, all they have is a few cleansers and the body extension handle thing.

Has anyone any idea what is going on? I bought a clarisonic on QVC when it was TSV a couple of years ago but I dropped it and I badly need another one but want to get it when it's TSV as they usually do a great bundle (extra cleansers/heads etc. ).
Frustrated, been waiting months and nothing!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Hi, Supercoolwillow gives wonderful advise. I use the Clarisonic & imo its brill. I stopped for approx. 2 months & oh dear :( . I do have problematic skin tho' x

Hello. I have had my Clarisonic bought in SpaceNK since 2009, its still working fine.

There is new Clarisonic coming to the UK the Aria. Its a step up from the Mia range and the Plus(no body brush with it), not sure if perhaps QVC will be selling it.

The deal in SpaceNK's sale is not that great. They are charging the full price £179 price as you get full size cleansers with it and a few brush heads. So really its the same deal QVC UK give for a TSV but Q charge less and on easy pay. QVC when they have a TSV usually bring in special colour choices to them. You can get deals online with Clarisonic but usually its the Mia and you don't get the extra bungle.

Okay I am going to suggest something but first does it show that you dropped your one? Bits broken off or smashed???
If not I would email Clarisonic UK, google they have a site and tell them you bought your Clarisonic on the date and it has stopped working.

I've just chucked my clarisonic out.

I found it scratched my skin leaving it very sore (even just using it once a week).

I've used mine for over 2 years twice a day, every day and my skin is really great. Unfortunately the rubber bit where the buttons are is coming away and I keep hoping that QVC will have a TSV on easy pay pretty soon. I would recommend it to everyone and I have really sensitive skin.

I love my Clarisonic too! I have very sensitive skin and so onlyuse it twice a week (with the sensitive brush), but find it keeps my skin in great condition. It's the best sort of exfoliation I have found and the only one that doesn't make my skin over-react into producing more oil.

Thanks everyone for the replies, the information and the welcome :)
Much appreciated.

I did contact Clarisonic but alas to no avail as I have the device over 3 years now.....
I can't see the Mia 2 on their site yet but will keep an eye out for a TSV, hopefully soon!

Akimbo, thanks for that link to the Space NK sale. £142 for the Pink Clarisonic plus is a good deal with the extras you get....I might just be tempted I miss the effects the Mia had on my skin SO much.....

Even used ones sell on ebay because the buyer can just start with a new brush head.

So you just threw a £150+ product out?

I think if I did that I would have a good cry first! Mind you not sure who would want to buy one second hand, even with new heads I don't think I would. If it was damaging my skin that much I would be worried about how much it could cost me to find a brand and products to correct the problems.

I was going to try to boots version but read a few reports on it irritating skin so chickened out and got a funny little pink silicone flat thing with nodules on it from the soap and glory section. God knows what it's called but it cost less than a fiver
I just put my cleanser on then use this little thing in circular motions over my face. It's really soft and seems to give a deep clean and it's so easy to just rinse under the tap to clean.
I love it.
Got one for my son too, he uses it with Clarins and says his skin has never looked so good.

I think if I did that I would have a good cry first! Mind you not sure who would want to buy one second hand, even with new heads I don't think I would. If it was damaging my skin that much I would be worried about how much it could cost me to find a brand and products to correct the problems.

I was going to try to boots version but read a few reports on it irritating skin so chickened out and got a funny little pink silicone flat thing with nodules on it from the soap and glory section. God knows what it's called but it cost less than a fiver
I just put my cleanser on then use this little thing in circular motions over my face. It's really soft and seems to give a deep clean and it's so easy to just rinse under the tap to clean.
I love it.
Got one for my son too, he uses it with Clarins and says his skin has never looked so good.

I bought the boots no 7 one last year, cost under 30 quid. Its not as soft as it could be so I only used it once or twice a week. I was toying with the new magna tone pulsar one that's out at at intro price of sixty five pounds, available boots and look fantastic. But given how little I used the boots no 7 one I think it would be another wasted purchase - faffing about with gadgets I don't think are for me.

The thing with the Clarisonic is you need to start with the delicate head first, also you do not push it into the skin but skim lightly over.

I think people have this idea, 'I must push it into my skin like a toothbrush and start scrubbing.'

I have rosacea and cannot us enzymes or anything with AHA in it as I get a sore red rash. Never happened with my Clarisonic.

Never used the copy cat ones, but reading reviews of people who have tried both. The cheaper versions, the brushes are much harder and rougher on the face.

The thing with the Clarisonic is you need to start with the delicate head first, also you do not push it into the skin but skim lightly over.

I think people have this idea, 'I must push it into my skin like a toothbrush and start scrubbing.'

I have rosacea and cannot us enzymes or anything with AHA in it as I get a sore red rash. Never happened with my Clarisonic.

Never used the copy cat ones, but reading reviews of people who have tried both. The cheaper versions, the brushes are much harder and rougher on the face.

I quite agree, start off gently. I have had the Clarisonic Mia from the first TSV and use it twice a day on my face and neck. I use mine with cleansing milk and just dampen the brush with a little spray bottle of water and then thoroughly wash after use. I have since moved on to the Deep Pore Cleansing Head which is really good.

I also have a sensitive skin and even if I eat a square of chocolate I get an explosion of spots - and I am not so young any more!

Also I occasionally work in the local hotel as a chambermaid when they are short staffed. This Summer when I walked into one of the bathrooms to clean it, there was a green Mia. The head was filthy. It was obviously used to take off make up as it was brick red/brown in colour. I never do this with mine, I always make sure I have no trace of make up before I use mine and my brushes are still white.

As the whole head is plastic I often soak it in a little cream handwash and water and then rinse thoroughly. How does anyone else clean theirs?

Baking soda and hot water. A teaspoon in a bowl and then hot water, drop the head in to soak for a short while then rinse well with cold water.

I give the body and the stand a wipe with a damp cloth now and then.

Baking soda and hot water. A teaspoon in a bowl and then hot water, drop the head in to soak for a short while then rinse well with cold water.

I give the body and the stand a wipe with a damp cloth now and then.

I'm going to look for the soap and glory one mentioned.

this is a silicone sonic facial cleanser - I'm sure someone mentioned in the drop they have one:

http://www.foreo.com/product/luna-mini/

QVC probably sold all their stock before Christmas (which is what decent businesses aim to do) and will hopefully launch the new Clarisonic Aria.

Latest posts

Back