Are Q finally listening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Just ordered Doll 10 TSV,and I was asked by the operator if I would be prepared to pay an extra £2 for next day delivery as it's something they want to start within the next couple of months.
Lynn :mysmilie_43:

Thats promising Lynn :happy: I hate the P&P charges but i would be prepared the pay the extra if they would offer Next Day delivery, The only downside i can see is will the standard P&P charges increase on every product and will there be even more mistakes at the warehouse.

I am all in favour of paying extra for next day so you know where you are BUT not really on top of say £6.95 standard cost. That is rather taking the P isn't it? I mean I qualified for free delivery on a Temptations Gifts YC order (following a helpful tip on this forum!) so spent £3 on next day delivery but I wouldn't have done so had I already had to pay a substantial charge.

Hi, I'm a newbie today, having lurked for a while just enjoying the fun and learning a lot whilst screaming with laughter at some of the comments and antics of various members! Please forgive any mistakes. I was interested in your post regarding the Doll 10 Tsv pre order Lynn, as I've just rung CS and been turned down flat in my attempt to do the same. The operator went away to consult with a supervisor about my request, came back and said sorry, no can do, because it would mean I'd have to pay full price if I ordered it now as the TSV price doesn't start until midnight and therefore can't be sold at that price til then!

QVC have offered this in the past.

I remember reading complaints on shoppingtelly.com from people who had paid the extra and STILL had to wait for their items to be delivered.

:mysmilie_51:

I think its a downright cheek considering their p and p charges are some of the highest I`ve ever seen. If they dropped their regular p and p charges in line with other companies and THEN asked for an extra 2 quid for next day delivery, then yes I`d pay it but as someone has already mentioned, if you`re already paying £5.95 + for delivery then to ask for an extra £2 is a ripoff.
I`ve done 2 orders to other companies this past week, the first order was to Naturally Thinking for 4 items and the p and p was capped at £3.95 and the second order was for 2 items from Amazon and it was free p and p. Q needs to sort out its regular charges before it starts asking for more.

QVC have offered this in the past.

I remember reading complaints on shoppingtelly.com from people who had paid the extra and STILL had to wait for their items to be delivered.

:mysmilie_51:

That's right, QVC's next day delivery was anything but next day!!

Hi, I'm a newbie today, having lurked for a while just enjoying the fun and learning a lot whilst screaming with laughter at some of the comments and antics of various members! Please forgive any mistakes. I was interested in your post regarding the Doll 10 Tsv pre order Lynn, as I've just rung CS and been turned down flat in my attempt to do the same. The operator went away to consult with a supervisor about my request, came back and said sorry, no can do, because it would mean I'd have to pay full price if I ordered it now as the TSV price doesn't start until midnight and therefore can't be sold at that price til then!

I didn't ring CS just the normal order number and the lady I spoke to never queried it,so just depends who answers I suppose.

they done this ages ago & i clearly remember the people still waiting for things so but i have no issues with the postage as it is

The more I think about it, the more I agree with you, Ian. Yes, they could lower the P&P charge but then they would only raise the item cost so we still pay the same. I only ever buy something from QVC and anywhere else if I consider the total price good value. I wouldn't, for example, buy an item I wanted from QVC just because it was free P&P - it would have to be at a good price in the first place. What I do think QVC needs to look at, however, is combining deliveries to reduce the total P&P on more than one item, and not just when they are identical. It's never going to happen but a cap on P&P would be perfect and I would undoubtedly spend more.

Welcome EJ :mysmilie_357: Just ring back and play dumb and say your friend had just ordered it at TSV price so its unfair if they do it for some and not for others.

Welcome to the forum Elle J.

I can remember paying extra years ago for next day delivery and when my parcel arrived, the item was correct on the delivery note, but the name and address was for somebody else?! I rang Q who weren't overly bothered...they had obviously put the wrong delivery note in the parcel, but the right address label on the box.

Welcome Elle J...the more the merrier!:glass:

Hi and welcome

The trouble with TSVs is they pop up live(that means available to order), shortly before the actual airing. To be honest its better to try via the website and not through the phone lines. On ST.com there are always links and threads about TSVs, and someone will say, "Its live now and I just ordered." But perhaps an hour later its been withdrawn and CS will not let you order nor will the website.

I have no issues with the cost of delivery. I wouldn't pay extra for next day delivery, mainly because nothing I buy on QVC, am I in desperate need for. I don't choose, generically, premium rate delivery. At work, many of my cusomers will pay to receive, for example, a cooker next day, as their own has broken, and they need another asap. Understandable.

Another poster has already mentioned this, but I am in agreement that if you buy more than one of the same item number (i.e. different fragrance, colour etc), we should NOT be penalised into paying individual postage,

Years ago on the Christmas tsv of Molton Brown, I ordered 3 sets - all different fragrances, but when I was told the postage came to almost a few pence short of £20 I cancelled the order. That taught me a very acute lesson !

Welcome Elle J.

Whilst I loathe qvc p&p I can see that some people would be willing to pay extra for next day delivery under certain circumstances - maybe a very late gift or going on holiday and not wanting to miss out on a tsv.

I really hope that they don't make it standard around christmas time. At the moment they are quite good at guaranteeing christmas delivery almost up to the day. It must cost them to do that and I won't be buying if they make us pay extra to get something in time for christmas. I'd rather head to the high street on christmas eve than pay £8 to get a £20 item. Mind you, there's so much competition for your money around christmas that maybe they wouldn't risk it.

The main problem is: the damn order can sit in the warehouse for 3 days before they ship. They only count the 5 days from the day it leaves the warehouse. As for paying more, no way. I am in Belfast and it just would not arrived in 2 days anyway.

The main problem is: the damn order can sit in the warehouse for 3 days before they ship. They only count the 5 days from the day it leaves the warehouse. As for paying more, no way. I am in Belfast and it just would not arrived in 2 days anyway.

Likewise Donna, and anyway now that my RM office won't let you collect until after 24 hours it doesn't seem much point as I am rarely in for deliveries. If I ever got it within 5 days I would think it was my birthday!

I've got to say that paying extra for p&p would stick in my throat as it is galling enough as it is. As Louise says there is very little I would want that badly from Q but if you are in a hurry then the odd one would be ok.

Welcome Elle J - hope you get your item sorted ok

Keep posting and let us know your interests , likes and dislikes. The more the merrier

Latest posts

Back