Are Q finally listening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi and welcome Elle J, and as you can see p&p is a sore spot round here. No way will I pay them more for what's already overpriced compared with other sites, and I don't believe they'll get it to me next day, either.

Hmm I tried ordering through the website and Q Cut before I resorted to CS direct and both said Item number not recognised/ sold out, so it does seem very hit and miss. Strange way of doing business though.

Thank you all for the welcome:happy: I agree the P&P is a big issue, especially when stuff takes a week or more to arrive. I buy from Amazon for that reason if I want something quickly. The thing that drives me mad with Q is their policy of charging you two lots of postage for identical items that just happen to be different colours, it's ridiculous, they must be side by side on the same shelf in the warehouse.

Hmm I tried ordering through the website and Q Cut before I resorted to CS direct and both said Item number not recognised/ sold out, so it does seem very hit and miss. Strange way of doing business though.
Hello and welcome Elle J!
Yes, this Doll 10 TSV was most difficult to order prior to the launch than any previous TSVs of any brand, the order line would always have the item even when I called a few days prior to the TSV launching in the past. Perhaps the Q system is getting more secure? I don't really understand why they are getting so tight about it, it's only a handfull of people ordering beforehand and they should be happy to be selling (this is what they want - to sell out of this Doll 10 TSV) so why being so strict about it?

I know what you mean Lynn, I did try QCut and the web before I rang CS but they weren't having any of it, and the operator I spoke to couldn't have been less interested. I've noticed that the last few times I've spoken to CS they've not been as pleasant and have been quite offhand. As for the TSV, I won't be able to watch at midnight so I'll be saving my money I suppose.

Exactly Marina, if they don't want our custom then fair enough. It's the first time I've tried to pre-order, I didn't know it was possible till recently and I only gave it a go because I work very strange shifts and won't be able to watch at midnight or use a phone until about 7pm tomorrow evening, by which time it will no doubt be sold out .

It will be hit and miss like their normal postage I bet. Just before Xmas I put an order in which took a week to arrive, the same day I also ordered a piece of jewellery from Arizona USA, and it arrived within 3 days!

they done this ages ago & i clearly remember the people still waiting for things so but i have no issues with the postage as it is

You keep saying that on QVC facebook page too, its not for me to say if you should have issues or not but when most retailers do free p&p and QVC average p&p would work out at £12 for two items, I certainly do have issues with that so I don't buy much now, its a slippery slope towards going bust for them.

I ordered 2 items yesterday afternoon from Amazon around about 4 pm - a van pulled up outside this morning around 10 am - and a man got out with parcel and proceeded down the path. (I sound like a policewoman giving a statement here). I stood watching confused (doesn't take much), thinking 'What on earth is he delivering?' Well it was my Amazon order - and no, I am not a member of Prime. Talk about speedy delivery. Free p & p too. It does annoy me QVC takes ages to despatch items for which I have paid a fair sum for postage, and then it takes days and days to arrive.

Mr Akimbo has the 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime which we're taking full advantage of until he cancels, but often items ordered on ordinary free postage arrive in 24 hours. QVC have an ostrich mentality regarding p&p charges whereas most other mail order companies are competing to offer better faster service, QVC are asking if we'd be tempted to pay more!

I paid the extra for premium delivery so that my mum's birthday present would arrive at her address when we were visiting. It was a DECT phone and I knew we'd have to set it up for her and input her numbers in the memory. Well it didn't arrive until a week after we'd come back home, taking about 17 days to be delivered. I was furious with Q and told mum to send it back and we'd bring her a phone bought elsewhere with us next time. I had to argue with CS to get the £6 postage refunded! I'm not sure QVC can convince me they'd handle a premium delivery service any better this time around!

I ordered something from Amazon late on Sunday and went for the free p & p as it wasn't urgent, it was delivered this morning by the postman. I also had a query with Amazon about p & p and they refunded me there and then when I did an online chat with one of their agents. QVC are really missing a trick here.

Amazon are great! I wanted a pair of those Skecher Chugga boots in brown in a size 6 and they were the only place that had them. They sourced them from an Amazon warehouse in Frankfurt, had tracking information every step of the way and they arrived within 48 hours - on Christmas eve - for free P&P. I order from Amazon often, and 3 days is the most I've ever had to wait for items coming from sources in Europe, and yet QVC can't even get the goods out of their warehouse in that time, but charge you for a premium rate, next day service! Disgraceful! They are good with refunds generally too. I've only ever had to dispute a refund once with a Marketplace trader and it was all sorted within 48 hours. I saw tv programme about them once - the place is run like the military and operates like clockwork. I think QVC need to realise that service that was good in the late 80's just isn't going to cut it anymore.

as a customer i like amazon. qvc sell a lot of own brand stuff with iffy quality. amazon sell items i am familiar with at a great price and superb service

The only thing i will say about Amazon is they treat there staff badly, Anyone who saw the Tv programmes on last year will know what im talking about , A friend of mine had a son who worked there and confirmed everything that was shown on TV.

Latest posts

Back