Archos TSV - Does she honestly believe that?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tvshopper

Registered Shopper
So here is Debbie telling you that if you can't cope with how a DVD player works, then giving you some handheld media player is just the thing...

Are you kidding me? If you can't handle a DVD player, then how is a more complex device going to help you? She's trying to flog it to Grandmas, she actually just said that.

Don't talk daft, love. It's got a million menus on it and Granny won't be able to find one of them, though her 7 year old Grandson probably will.

Just listening to how an Archos works gives me a headache

Just listening to Debbie Flint gives me a headache.

As other people have said, she is like a market trader. She has no sincerity its sell, sell, sell - who cares if the product is suitable.

I don't know the names of most of the women presenters, but this one (presumably Debbie) really got on my nerves, talking to the camera and sell, sell, sell on the most tenuous grounds.

I have the 2 previous models, IT IS NOT EASY TO SET UP!

And don't be fooled by the "set it up to record a TV programme while you are out" nonsense. Yes you can, but you have to have your freeview or sky box left switched on CONTINUOUSLY and on the correct channel.

The TV guide on the Archos just switches itself on and off at the right times. If your freeview box is not on, it will record a black screen, and if the box is on the wrong channel it will record that, whatever channel you set the Archos to record.

Even if you are in, you can only record the programme you are watching!

I don't know the names of most of the women presenters, but this one (presumably Debbie) really got on my nerves, talking to the camera and sell, sell, sell on the most tenuous grounds.

I have the 2 previous models, IT IS NOT EASY TO SET UP!

And don't be fooled by the "set it up to record a TV programme while you are out" nonsense. Yes you can, but you have to have your freeview or sky box left switched on CONTINUOUSLY and on the correct channel.

The TV guide on the Archos just switches itself on and off at the right times. If your freeview box is not on, it will record a black screen, and if the box is on the wrong channel it will record that, whatever channel you set the Archos to record.

Even if you are in, you can only record the programme you are watching!

This explains why the guest presenter kept trying to steer her away from this recording "functionality", saying it's not something he'd use. She just ignored him and kept pushing it. Either she didn't know enough about the product or the buyer / director in the gallery believe that's one of the main features of the item they've bought and are flogging.

Linda xx

The £9-95 p&p is even more extortionate than usual for something about the size of a smartphone. An NO, it doesn't weigh 100 KILOGRAMS like Debbie said!

Is this 4.8 a different version then to the Archos 5 that I see advertised?

If so, is the Archos 5 better and does this mean that the 4.8 is now obsolete?

The Archos numbers are totally inconsistent. For the TSV the 4.8 is the screen size. But the 8 inch is called an 80. My 7 inch is a 705, my 4 inch is a 405. The 5 is not on QVC for me to check. But the search did not find the TSV either, so either it's sold out or the search is useless.

The Archos numbers are totally inconsistent. For the TSV the 4.8 is the screen size. But the 8 inch is called an 80. My 7 inch is a 705, my 4 inch is a 405. The 5 is not on QVC for me to check. But the search did not find the TSV either, so either it's sold out or the search is useless.

I have the 405 from many years ago which came with some kind of docking arrangement that you could use to record from the TV. I tried and tried but never managed to get it to work. The machine kept on freezing so that you had to stick a pin in the reset point to get it to work again. Finally it jammed completely and will not work at all. Shame as I did actually like the machine.

Mine is still working, although it was EXTREMELY frustrating to set up, and a nightmare to connect all the cables to the dock. I don't use it very often, I just measured the screen, it seems to be 3.5 inches and not a widescreen either.

I have been tempted by the TSV, and the price is VERY good if you want the extras. The 405 is 30GB, the TSV is 500GB and has a slightly larger screen, which is widescreen.

The reviews are very mixed, however.

It really annoys me when presenters/guests say "we are giving you (x, y, z) " . I thought we were paying for it ?.

And what is this "added value" malarkey ? Is it stuff we don't pay for or stuff they've included to justify the price and/or p&p ? I get completely lost when they say these things, I just cannot work out if it's a good price.

Linda xx

Sorry but the Archos TSV is just out of date these days!
These have been sold by Archos for years.

QVC called it the 4.8 but everywhere else it is the 48. Amazon have it for about the same price as the TSV but WITHOUT the £140 "free goodies" which are actually very useful for this product, I wouldn't be without my docks and remote control.

I'm glad it's not only me who couldn't set the ****** thing up. I bought one years ago when Q first started selling them and couldn't get the hang of it, in fact I fiddled with it for so long my 30 day mbg ran out and in the end I flogged it on e b a y for peanuts. :sad: DF's presentation was a disgraceful hard sell and I think she actually would sell one to her own Grandma. :angry:

Yeah it wasn't the most 'honest' and transparent of presentations IMO!! There is no way on earth it will be as easy to record etc as the guy was making out. In all fairness to DF the guy wasn't exactly open when she kept asking him about how to record from Sky etc. For example he didn't state you may need to unplug your sky box from the TV and plug it in to the Archos to be able to record etc.

Just my opinion but I thought both the product and presentation were crap!

Latest posts

Back