Archos TSV - Does she honestly believe that?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I made the mistake of buying an Archos a few years ago. I found it almost impossible to set up and ended up spending hours on the phone to their helpline. It was constantly sticking, so I gave up and sent it back, but I seem to recall that it cost me close on £20 for Special Delivery. Never again!
I didn't see the presentation as I never watch when DF is on - if I wanted to be lectured to by a market stall trader, I'd go down Petticoat Lane!

I got mine out yesterday, prompted by the TSV. If it worked properly it would be great, in fact, I recorded STRICTLY on it so I can later on edit out all the padding and just make a video of the actual dances.

But there were various problems doing this, and a couple of the inevitable "Archos crashes" and reboots, so that soon persuaded me not to get the new one, although 500GB would be great (compare this to the ipad's 16GB which costs £400!!!!!).

I got mine out yesterday, prompted by the TSV. If it worked properly it would be great, in fact, I recorded STRICTLY on it so I can later on edit out all the padding and just make a video of the actual dances.

But there were various problems doing this, and a couple of the inevitable "Archos crashes" and reboots, so that soon persuaded me not to get the new one, although 500GB would be great (compare this to the ipad's 16GB which costs £400!!!!!).

But at least the iPad works!

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

The Archos now has 10 reviews on QVC, 6 of them are 1 star and the are returning it.

One mentions frequent crashes, just like mine bought about 5 years ago, you'ld think they would have sorted this out by now.

I'm glad it's not only me who couldn't set the ****** thing up. I bought one years ago when Q first started selling them and couldn't get the hang of it, in fact I fiddled with it for so long my 30 day mbg ran out and in the end I flogged it on e b a y for peanuts. :sad: DF's presentation was a disgraceful hard sell and I think she actually would sell one to her own Grandma. :angry:

I too bought one of the earlier models and did not understand how it works, and never thought of sending it back, thinking that I will get it working the next day, only it never worked for many more next days and of course my 30 days ran out, and there it is , still in its box :sad:

I bought this because of the large 500gb HDD and as it was classed as a DVR (Digital Video Recorder), now it was quoted as being able to play back varying types of video including high definition so assuming it was a DVR I thought you could record in high definition, but unless I am mistaken you can only copy high definition video from a computer and not record directly onto the Archos, if that is the case then it was not made clear in the presentation.

I have a couple of other Archos products that I don't have a problem with and can easily record standard definition video onto but I am extremely disappointed in this one and I cannot get the wifi to work at all and it has frozen on me a couple of times.

I did write a poor review of this but mine hasn't appeared on the QVC website, in fact last time I looked they had removed this product altogether, I wonder just how many poor reviews it had had. I also read on an Archos forum that this model is pretty old in technology terms so were they trying to offload old stock.

I will be returning this and will fully expect QVC to pay for the return postage.

Latest posts

Back