Apple is back on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wonder if they've sold any of the earlier version IPads2 with the Accessories bundle? For anyone ordering this new IPad, Amazon sell covers and cases etc for a very reasonable price .....compared to Apple. I also bought a Stylus pen and use it constantly. Compared to using Windows PCs , IPads are a piece of cake....and very user friendly.

Wonder if they've sold any of the earlier version IPads2 with the Accessories bundle? For anyone ordering this new IPad, Amazon sell covers and cases etc for a very reasonable price .....compared to Apple. I also bought a Stylus pen and use it constantly. Compared to using Windows PCs , IPads are a piece of cake....and very user friendly.

I am trawling through amazon as I type, there is so much choice it is mind boggling. I want to get the plastic cover thing for the screen and then a neoprene cover I think, I am worried though as I don't want to get one and it won't fit because of the keyboard, Anyon got any tips?

@StumpyBloke ~ thanks for that. BTW, your photo reminds me of DrewCarey, host of US WhoseLineIsIt? I ordered ipadIII, big leap up from my current device, old Samsung mobile, paygVodafone. I don't have a pc, so what do I do to make the unit wifi-able, if that's a term. I want to access this forum etc on the ipad. I used Mac in the late 80s at work and it was fab. But because of illness I am way out of the loop so far, that I am loopy. lol TIA Hopefully on the ipad, I can post thanks; I hate that I can't at present.

In terms of covers for the iPad - nothing beats the Apple Smartcovers. They fit both iPad 2 and the new iPad (which I have). Beware imitation smart covers - many of them won't fit the new iPad because Apple repositioned the magnets inside the new iPad. This was done deliberately to prevent usage of counterfeit smart covers (which will fit the iPad 2 but not the new iPad). I house mine in a neoprene sleeve which is ideal for transporting in my handbag etc as it prevents the back of the iPad getting scratched by keys etc. I definitely recommend the Apple smart cover - mine is pink and is still going strong a year after purchase (bought it originally for the iPad 2, which I subsequently sold on Ebay to help fund the new iPad - sad Apple junkie that I am!). Hope this helps.

As the one I ordered comes with the keyboard I was going to use that like a smart cover then get a neoprene or suchlike sleeve to put it in. I wondered were the smart covers any good if I decide to go keyboardless I may invest in one thanks for the info.

I bought a cheap imitation smart cover and gel type back cover off ebay for my Ipad 2 (£12.50) - although it looks identical it is really shite. It doesn't fit well and the back cover pushed off the screensaver. I got the genuine smart cover from Apple and it is fantastic - I did lots of trawling the internet and you tube at reviews for a back cover and got the 'hypershield' one, which is also really good and matches the smart cover.

Although neither are cheap - £35 for the smart cover and £20 for the back cover - they are both well worth every penny and you really do get what you pay for. When you think of how much the ipad is - it is a small investment to make it look good and protect it.

I did start off with a lovely Micheal Korrs black patent zip case which hubby bought me for xmas - which although it lovely and protects it well is quite heavy for travelling and when we took it on holiday recently made it a bit big for storing in the hotel safe. The Smart cover etc does not add any bulk or weight.

Last edited:
I bought a cheap imitation smart cover and gel type back cover off ebay for my Ipad 2 (£12.50) - although it looks identical it is really shite. It doesn't fit well and the back cover pushed off the screensaver. I got the genuine smart cover from Apple and it is fantastic - I did lots of trawling the internet and you tube at reviews for a back cover and got the 'hypershield' one, which is also really good and matches the smart cover.

Although neither are cheap - £35 for the smart cover and £20 for the back cover - they are both well worth every penny and you really do get what you pay for. When you think of how much the ipad is - it is a small investment to make it look good and protect it.

I did start off with a lovely Micheal Korrs black patent zip case which hubby bought me for xmas - which although it lovely and protects it well is quite heavy for travelling and when we took it on holiday recently made it a bit big for storing in the hotel safe. The Smart cover etc does not add any bulk or weight.

I like the idea of the hypershield but will the keyboard still fit on the front with that do you think?

I don't have a keyboard so wouldn't know. Maybe you can find some reviews on 'Youtube' or elsewhere where someone has used it with a keyboard. I find this is the best way to check things out before buying.

Sorry not to be of help:confused:

I don't have a keyboard so wouldn't know. Maybe you can find some reviews on 'Youtube' or elsewhere where someone has used it with a keyboard. I find this is the best way to check things out before buying.

Sorry not to be of help:confused:

Thanks Rosey I will check you tube.

Apple have released a new set of smart cases that now have protection for the back of the iPad and the flip screen for the front

Available from the Apple Store online now for £39

Get the best cover you can buy it cost me £120 to get my smashed screen replaced (although had it done overnight so hubbie never found out). It was after a night out and I seem to have forgotten how it happened, luckily the works are fine but Apple don't cover you for this and it happens a lot (I believe).

It's mind boggling what is out there. I think I will wait till it arrives then order some to try as I can not seem to find anything that says it fits with the keyboard attached.

Apple have released a new set of smart cases that now have protection for the back of the iPad and the flip screen for the front

That is so annoying as I only bought my smart cover about 2 weeks ago and paid £35 for it and then had to fork out another £20 for the back cover. This one looks better too as it has the Apple logo on the back :doh:

Oh how annoying Rosey. I wonder if you could appeal to their better nature and swap perhaps?

Oooooooo I want!!!!!!!! I particularly fancy the (Product) Red one.....

Just ordered the (Product) Red iPad Smart Case! I just had to! Should be delivered by the 19th June and free delivery to boot. So, if anyone wants to buy my second-hand pink polyurethane Apple Smart Cover, let me know lol!

My order is showing as "in process" anyone know when they are supposed to be shipped out?

Latest posts

Back