Anything Goes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've really enjoyed the show this evening. Glad a bit of craft was thrown in there to. I've had an easi-yo yogurt maker for ages in the cupboard but (my fault) could never be bothered to watch the demo properly, actually watched Christine Hamilton make one up this evening and think I'll go and get it out of the cupboard now.

I really could do with out the camp maitre'd with his iPad. What an annoying person.

Why did they all need to gabble at once? My poor ears couldn't take the shrilling and I just switched off when the gimlet eyed one, who seemed unable to speak coherently, was back to pointing at the L again.

So what exactly was it?

Utter crap for the few minutes I saw. Reminded me of when magpies start squawking because they see a cat.
Chocolates, the scanner mouse, Stephanie with a bit of craft stuff, pale uninteresting Will, your beloved elemis set, tsv. Worst gimmick ever: you get to be producer, vote for which product you want first in the running order. All babbled on a 3 minute loop it seemed.

Utter crap for the few minutes I saw. Reminded me of when magpies start squawking because they see a cat.
Chocolates, the scanner mouse, Stephanie with a bit of craft stuff, pale uninteresting Will, your beloved elemis set, tsv. Worst gimmick ever: you get to be producer, vote for which product you want first in the running order. All babbled on a 3 minute loop it seemed.

Good grief. Whadda loada crap. And Ali K would be my very last choice for doing anything off the cuff/fun/spontaneous because its just not her bag. Same with Charlie in case anyone is thinking of drafting him in for a stint. Any hint of deviation from procedure and he's apologising to the director and telling the viewer his names Dale if they want to complain *yawn*.

If they want to do something different or "fun" and are going to be less constrained to time there are loads of things they could do. How about letting beauty guests slap make up onto the presenters or do their hair? How about presenters doing the catwalk, while models try-out on the presenting? Lets find out more about the production team, a visit to the gallery, bloopers of the week, live phone in competitions....I could go on but don't feel inclined to do the producers job for them.

Why are they obssed with that Will Gowing?

I'm sorry but he has no face for TV! Last night he was cringe, almost as much as when he stars in beauty shows with Alison Young...

You're not the only one who thinks so. I was listening to an LBC radio podcast from 3 or 4 years go and guess who popped up to read the traffic news...?

Good grief. Whadda loada crap. And Ali K would be my very last choice for doing anything off the cuff/fun/spontaneous because its just not her bag. Same with Charlie in case anyone is thinking of drafting him in for a stint. Any hint of deviation from procedure and he's apologising to the director and telling the viewer his names Dale if they want to complain *yawn*.

If they want to do something different or "fun" and are going to be less constrained to time there are loads of things they could do. How about letting beauty guests slap make up onto the presenters or do their hair? How about presenters doing the catwalk, while models try-out on the presenting? Lets find out more about the production team, a visit to the gallery, bloopers of the week, live phone in competitions....I could go on but don't feel inclined to do the producers job for them.

that was exactly the sort of thing i thought it was going to be. duhhh - silly me.

i agree about ali - i'm amazed anyone else could even get a word in. she doesn't even pause for breath! disagree about charlie though - i think he's much better as a duo. mind you i'm biased cos i think all the duo shows are better than solos.

Really enjoyed it, debbie wasnt too bad last night. Loved the variety and all the guests coming in for the easiyo, made it feel like a party atmosphere. This is the kind of thing that would get me to order more from qvc. It was entertaining as well as being about shopping.

You're not the only one who thinks so. I was listening to an LBC radio podcast from 3 or 4 years go and guess who popped up to read the traffic news...?

Oh Thank you! I knew i'd seen him before when he first popped up on QVC and the way they all gushed over him I thought he was somebody I should really recognise. Now I've placed him. He used to do the traffic reports on the local London ITV news too.

Latest posts

Back