Anyone tried This Works pillow spray?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Every time ThisWorks pillow Spray comes on l am very tempted to buy it. I just wondered if anyone one this forum has actually tried it. I used to use a radox one years ago and l swear it helped me relax and get a good night's sleep. I also used an Avon one and that was equally good. The This Works one is super expensive but l am intrigued.Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have. They came as a freebie when I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Vilnius last year. It's a nice aromatherapy product - and yes I slept very well. Not sure that was due in part to the sumptuous surroundings of the hotel and a fab view from the 14th floor. The pack also included a rollerball thing to go on the wrists.

My opinion is it's mind over matter, i don't think there's anything in it that can magically make you want to sleep. I don't like products though in general that play on people's vulnerability and weakness, but that's just me.

it did not work for me but thats because i can fall asleep but wake up several times in the night. there is a new one for that apparently

Every time ThisWorks pillow Spray comes on l am very tempted to buy it. I just wondered if anyone one this forum has actually tried it. I used to use a radox one years ago and l swear it helped me relax and get a good night's sleep. I also used an Avon one and that was equally good. The This Works one is super expensive but l am intrigued.Thanks in advance for any replies.

I've used it because a friend - who works for Boots and I pray did not pay the crazy price for it - bought it for me for Christmas as well as one of their roller ball thingies.
It was really sweet of her but I do smile at this products because anyone with serious sleep issues (I have severe insomnia - often complete lack of sleep for several days straight despite sleeping pills), a nice smelling spray ain't going to do a thing! Except smell nice ;)

However, if you just find it hard to nod off at night, I think it will probably help create a nice relaxing atmosphere and you may start to associate those soothing smells with sleep which can only be a good thing... It does get good reviews so you could take advantage of the 30 day MBG and give it a go but I wouldn't expect any miracles!

You could easily make your own with lavender, and camomile oils or sweet basil etc and just spritz it around the pillow area?
Neom pillow spray - another gift a few years back - smells gorgeous but I used it as a room spray!

These are the ingredients of the This Works spray - no magic in there! But nice combination of quality oils. Or use it to inspire your own if you think it may support yr sleep!

Aqua, Polysorbate 20, Parfum, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Ho Wood) Oil, Vetiveria Zizanoides (Vetivert) Oil, Ormenis Multicaulis (Wild Chamomile) Flower, Extract, Linalool, Diazolidinyl Urea, Geraniol ,Limonene, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
Made using 100% pure essential oils
Free from phthalates, sulphates, synthetic colours and fragrance, parabens, GMOs, mineral oils, petrolatum, propylene glycol.

it did not work for me but thats because i can fall asleep but wake up several times in the night. there is a new one for that apparently

I'm exactly the same Boffy....drop off without any problems but come 3 or 4 o'clock then I'm tossing and turning with my mind working overtime. Fed up of looking and feeling like a zombie!!

My friend uses the tranquil music CD's, she swears by them . Me, I could sleep on a clothesline.

Thanks everyone. All these comments have reminded me that l also used to love and use Tisserand Lavender oil on a tissue and keep that next to my pillow. I think l will give that another go.

I remember a friend recommending Bach Rescue Night Spray (I think that's what it was called) which did seem to help but I do wonder if these things are psychological. I just seem to struggle to switch my mind off, going through things of the day and those on my "to do" list for tomorrow!

I remember a friend recommending Bach Rescue Night Spray (I think that's what it was called) which did seem to help but I do wonder if these things are psychological. I just seem to struggle to switch my mind off, going through things of the day and those on my "to do" list for tomorrow!

Of course they are mostly psychological - unless you're talking hard core hypnotic medication, but then even that is a small part placebo effect!

But that's not to say things don't help just because they are psychological. Associations are important as is good so-called 'sleep hygiene'...

I was talking to my nieces and nephews this weekend about worries at night and said I always used to write down to do list for next day on post it by bed so it didn't stay in my head, as well as I used to have these Guatemalan worry dolls which your tell your concerns and they sort them out under your pillow during the night!!

I'm exactly the same Boffy....drop off without any problems but come 3 or 4 o'clock then I'm tossing and turning with my mind working overtime. Fed up of looking and feeling like a zombie!!
I used to take hours to get to sleep then wake at 3 am and that was it!
Very occasionally I could get another couple of hours if I had a drink and biscuit, put earplugs in and an eye mask on and try not to panic about the fact you can't get back to sleep!
Good luck ;)

I got a full sized one in a kit when I bought it on sale. Loved the bath crystals and the body cream, hated the pillow spray. It just annoyed me, I could smell something which had me thinking so not sleeping.

My friend uses the tranquil music CD's, she swears by them . Me, I could sleep on a clothesline.

I listen to ASMR videos, sometimes of tapping sounds / massage / whispering. You can watch them on YouTube. The two content providers I like the most are MassageASMR and Jason Newland.

If you like, YouTube "Focusing on different body parts Jason Newland" and have a listen.

I listen to ASMR videos, sometimes of tapping sounds / massage / whispering. You can watch them on YouTube. The two content providers I like the most are MassageASMR and Jason Newland.

If you like, YouTube "Focusing on different body parts Jason Newland" and have a listen.

I was ill some years ago and this left some unable to sleep. In the end I had hypnotherapy and after a few sessions I could sleep without problems and still do. Apparently it's all about giving yourself permissions to go to sleep. Again, it might all be in the mind but it worked and works for me.

I bought a 5ml one from eBay to try. It's very nice. If you like Liz Earle skin tonic I find it smells very similar.

M&S sell the Neom Perfect Night 's Sleep Pillow Mist or you can get it from the Neom website- I use it if I have started to get into a pattern of not drifting off to sleep , just use for a couple of nights. They also do a mini rollon called Intensive Deep Sleep Treatment.

Latest posts

Back