anyone tried/got bobbi brown shimmer brick

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I own the Bronze Shimmerbrick which MrM treated me to for an Easter present - remember he looked like he needed a dusting with it once he'd handed his money over! I used to rave about it but I've only stopped raving because I have discovered the Laura Geller Blush N Brighten blushers (which are just as expensive!). I did like to take my Shimmerbrick on holidays as it was great once I had a tan and also liked using the strips separately as eyeshadows. Wouldn't repurchase now I've discovered LG. x

primark do a really good shimmer brick for £4

I've just remembered that Next used to do one too that looked almost identical to Bobbi Brown - and it was a fiver. I don't know what it's like though. I think I did buy one out of interest and it's buried away in a pile somewhere - I must dig it out to see.

well my MIL went to john lewis - only to discover they have 6 or 7 colours to choose from - AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGH!!!!!

I have the shimmer brick in Apricot, Rose and Bronze. I use the Apricot during the day over Laura Geller Cheek Tint. I find the bronze and Rose are better for me when I am going out at night. I love the shimmer bricks and wouldn't be without them now.

I brought the shimmer brick bronze from Bloomingdales while i was away and i love it cant wait to go back next yr and get another one :)

MOMAD's aftersales service...

cartoon+money+back.jpg

Darn, I think I've made a ricket buying one of these.
I thought my twenty-something daughter might like one for Christmas so I got her the rose colour.
She has long dark hair, green eyes and a bit of a meditteranean appearance.
But I'm a tad worried now everyone seems to think they're a bit strong and I fear she'll end up looking like a tranny on a night out.

I thought my twenty-something daughter might like one for Christmas so I got her the rose colour.
But I'm a tad worried now everyone seems to think they're a bit strong and I fear she'll end up looking like a tranny on a night out.

Oh, not at all, Calico. I think your daughter will look smashing. You will find this out yourself soon.

No she won't - perfect for her age and her colour. They do not come out as strong a colour as they look in the compact - they give a sheen not a glitter and I think it looks best on younger skin.

The photo of the Rose was awful. Its a lovely shimmerbrick, does have a little more colour than the other ones.

I noticed the makeup artist(I call him Sam as he is the double of my friend's husband), was heavy handed with the Rose one applying it.

He did demo what I have said earlier in this thread. He was going on about shimmer being great to get lift to older skin as younger skin has a glow to it. But all I could see were they shiney looking blobs on both cheeks. Keep thinking no way would I want to walk round with those cheeks in daylight.

I got a Shimmerbrick from John Lewis when they had a 10% discount the other weekend so it was cheaper than QVC's price and that's before you add P&P so keep an eye out for sales in dept stores Rainbowdottie.

Calico - don't worry about the colour. It's great as once you put the brush over the colours as it blends them together you get a lovely subtle colour and not chalky or a bit harsh like some blushers can go - my skin is very pale so I'm careful to avoid anything too garish! I'm thrilled with mine (in Rose) and don't think I will be using other brands now

Lol! Thanks everyone for your comments - they were very helpful. I spoke to DD today on the phone and said I'd seen this lovely Bobbi Brown shimmerbrick on QVC and particularly liked the pink one. I sat back and waited for a favourable response.

"Eeurch! I hate pink"

Kids.
:thinking2:

Latest posts

Back