Anyone seen Glen Campbell?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That reminds me of when I was in my early teens my mum went through a phase of knitting cardis for my dad and grandad, and the knitting patterns always sported rather "dandy" looking men posing in various styles of multi-colour cardigans, worn over shirt and kipper tie :puke:

Linda

My Mum once knitted me this beautiful long black mohair coat thing which I adored. One day my (then) baby daughter honked all over it in the Co-Op. It was ruined.:thinking2:

My Mum once knitted me this beautiful long black mohair coat thing which I adored. One day my (then) baby daughter honked all over it in the Co-Op. It was ruined.:thinking2:

Hand-knitted things always remind me of this wool-shop-post office combination that used to be where I lived as a child. I hated going in there because the place just stank! I never did find out why, or what of, 'cos my mum used to drag me out if I asked ... my theory is that someone had probably been buried beneath the lino!

Hand-knitted things always remind me of this wool-shop-post office combination that used to be where I lived as a child. I hated going in there because the place just stank! I never did find out why, or what of, 'cos my mum used to drag me out if I asked ... my theory is that someone had probably been buried beneath the lino!

We had one of them too. At the wool end of the shop I was always fascinated by a cupboard that was kept closed but ladies (including my mum) opened from time to time and pulled out big plastic packets, which the lady shop assistant wrapped up in brown paper and cellotape. A few years later it was my "turn" to open the cupboard and take out a packet of ........sanitary towels and a belt. Dr Whites with the loops at each end.

Sorry, this is completely off topic and its all my fault - i kicked off the nostalgia for knitting wool in my earlier post !

Linda :blush:

Yep, same here. Don't mind him in comparison to GC, but he's terrible in the Bob Mackie hours, constantly wriggling on his chair - hence the Mr Haemmoroid title. Genevieve always seems lovely though - love her accent!

Who is Bob Mackie?

Latest posts

Back