Anyone recommend a throat cream? advice appreciated

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

opalfruit

Registered Shopper
Woke up this morning to deep creases on my chest which I've noticed now for the past month or so and started taking my Liz Earle Skin Repair down to the bust (I'm 43). Then watched some of the Prai hours and that one didn't seem thick enough so I've now confused myself! Tempted with Gatineau or (gulp) the very expensive Elemis but thought I'd ask for opinions before taking the plunge.

Now, don't laugh, but I also came across the Intima breast pillow website so am thinking of sleeping in my bra with a tube of something (not sure what yet!) stuffed down to separate my breasts to see if it makes a difference as the wrinkles seem to lessen during the day and I think they may be sleeping creases rather than skin slackening.

Would be interested in hearing your comments and advice

Woke up this morning to deep creases on my chest which I've noticed now for the past month or so and started taking my Liz Earle Skin Repair down to the bust (I'm 43). Then watched some of the Prai hours and that one didn't seem thick enough so I've now confused myself! Tempted with Gatineau or (gulp) the very expensive Elemis but thought I'd ask for opinions before taking the plunge.

Now, don't laugh, but I also came across the Intima breast pillow website so am thinking of sleeping in my bra with a tube of something (not sure what yet!) stuffed down to separate my breasts to see if it makes a difference as the wrinkles seem to lessen during the day and I think they may be sleeping creases rather than skin slackening.

Well I am yet to find one that works for me, and I've tried all Qvc brands, and also department store products, If you do find one that works for you, please let me know I'd love to give it a go.

Get thee to Marks and Spencer their own brand one in a pump at £12 is brilliant. Gives the tightening effect that Gatineau says their one does but alot cheaper.

Now honestly if you already have lines and wrinkles on the neck, sorry too late for those unless a neck lift. Oh and a good fitting bra strange but true.

Get thee to Marks and Spencer their own brand one in a pump at £12 is brilliant. Gives the tightening effect that Gatineau says their one does but alot cheaper.

Now honestly if you already have lines and wrinkles on the neck, sorry too late for those unless a neck lift. Oh and a good fitting bra strange but true.

Are you actually suggesting that all those wonderful, luxurious and expensive products don't work Donna?
I am truly shocked...

Are you actually suggesting that all those wonderful, luxurious and expensive products don't work Donna?
I am truly shocked...

So am I. Need to lay down in a darkened room now.:giggle:

I use Judith Williams BTW. Don't rate the throat gel from Gatineau at all.

Decleor Excellence de l'age neck and decollete concentrate

First got it in a TSV and then bought another off of cheapsmells at a bargain price.

It lasts for ages as "less is more" - two wee pumps does neck and decollete. I swear by it.

Now, don't laugh, but I also came across the Intima breast pillow website so am thinking of sleeping in my bra with a

tube of something (not sure what yet!) stuffed down to separate my breasts to see if it makes a difference as the
wrinkles seem to lessen during the day and I think they may be sleeping creases rather than

Goose grease?

I've just started on Bio Oil on the neck and nip & fab bust fix (which I am noticing makes a difference on the crepey skin on the bust area).

Lx

Don't waste your money on the Gatineau throat gel, the Decleor d'lage one or the Prai. Despite what AY says, they're all rubbish. Now I don't want to depress you but by the time you get to my age (55), the only solution is a scarf. There are summer ones and winter ones and they come in a variety of fabrics and patterns. They cover a multitude of sins.

Prai seem to have about 20 each one with more incredible results & more unheard of ingredients than the last & then you could do 'before' and 'after' pics which look exactly the same!

Thanks for all your replies. I've read some reviews on the Bio Oil and it sounds good so I'm gonna plump for that one (I refuse to be beaten!) and still am going to do my tube trick tonight to see if it helps even though my husband looked none to keen when I told him and I'll post tomorrow to let you all know how I got on.

I'll hold my hands up and say I don't need one yet, cos I don't want any one thinking I'm talking miricles here, but I'm preventing turkey neck in later years, and trying to get rid of a sun damage scar that I have forever!
I too love bio oil, a little does go a long way, I find it helps my skin heal up fast if I've had a break out, which I still have even though I should be too ****** old by now:sad:
I recently tried the new l'oreal, night smoothing balm, must say I love it, I noticed my skin seemed smoother and to have a glow in the morning and it smells beautiful, think Liz earle superskin concentrate, perhaps a wee bit softer. It's very rich and luxurious without being oily. just watch out for transfer on your pillows.

Thanks for the tip about Bio Oil, it sounds perfect for me as I already like oil facial cleansers .

On the subject of facial oil cleansers, my fave is by L'Occitane, wish they would sell it on QVC

Linda xx

I stick to the M&S skin ranges now, they are much more "affordable" than the premium ranges on QVC and I haven't noticed any deterioration in my skin since I stopped using Gatineau

Linda xx

Another Bio Oil girl here, I love the stuff and use it on my neck, and sometimes as a night facial treatment. I cannot justify the cost of Gatineau, and it started to make my neck feel like a piece of parchment paper. I use the aldi creams and serums on my bust also as they are so cheap and moisturise just as well as the expensive ones.

Another M&S fan here - recently discovered it and have fallen in love. Fab results with everything I've tried!

Didn't QVC used to sell a plastic pillow-type thingie that would just sit there? Cushtie or something - about £20 IIRC. I get these creases, too, and would love to help prevent them as they take longer and longer to disappear as the morning goes on. Sigh. Hubby loves 'em, I just want 'em off!!!!

ok, I know you have all been waiting in suspense for my test results this morning hahaaha.

I went to bed wearing a cotton bra and placed a hair mousse tube (covered with a sock) down the front to keep my breasts separated whilst I slept in the fight to beat cleavage creases. Well, that lasted 5 minutes before getting chest pain and therefore I had to remove the tube and bra. So I applied some of my Liz Earle Skin Repair and told myself to sleep on my back all night which I think I managed. This morning the creases were not that bad at all and I would say a 75% improvement. More like the creases when they evened out during the day normally.

So sleeping on my back seemed to work and I'll just have to keep on doing that.

Regarding the Bio Oil, I was going to order then looked at the ingredients list and notice that they use Paraffinum Liquidum which sounds very scary.

Yes, Bio Oil is full of liquid paraffin aka mineral oil. I don't think it does any harm but it certainly doesn't do any good to your skin. Apparently it's widely used because it's so cheap.

Latest posts

Back