anyone else noticed ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree, Yong Kim is aired less and less, Michelle Hope was a regular every month and is rarely on now. Join styles can be bought heaps cheaper on an internet store, and the other regular 'favourites' Tiana B and Ronni Nicole are all but extinct.

Incidentally, during the years of Indigo Moon, I bought a full length coat in a sand colour (some might remember), with a 60's vibe of huge hand stitched flowers on. Its barely seen the light of day, and I decided to have pockets inserted recently so I could get some wear out of it. It actually takes some 'guts' and confidence to wear it in daylight, but I thought London was ready for me and it - I got lots of looks but braved it out, PLUS 3 strangers came up with compliments on my 'vintage' coat. Clearly pays to hang on to stuff ! even if its vintage QVC !!!

I shopped in a store in Tralee many years ago and it was called Penny’s I think they may have been a forerunner of Primark. I came home with lots of towels and t shirts lol. P.S to me it’s always been Pri Mark.

They are still called Pennys in the south.

I agree, Yong Kim is aired less and less, Michelle Hope was a regular every month and is rarely on now. Join styles can be bought heaps cheaper on an internet store, and the other regular 'favourites' Tiana B and Ronni Nicole are all but extinct.

Incidentally, during the years of Indigo Moon, I bought a full length coat in a sand colour (some might remember), with a 60's vibe of huge hand stitched flowers on. Its barely seen the light of day, and I decided to have pockets inserted recently so I could get some wear out of it. It actually takes some 'guts' and confidence to wear it in daylight, but I thought London was ready for me and it - I got lots of looks but braved it out, PLUS 3 strangers came up with compliments on my 'vintage' coat. Clearly pays to hang on to stuff ! even if its vintage QVC !!!

I've seen a few items on the DHS which have a passing nod to Indigo Moon.

I always have said Pri mark but I worked with a bunch of ladies who called it Pre mark and they always told me I was wrong so I'm pleased this has now been clarified.

I've always said Pri mark, I've gone by the fact that there's an "I" not and "e" Evryone I know would look at me daft if I called it Pre mark. :mysmilie_17:

I love Primark. Always get my socks there. Their Butler & Webb range of shirts are really amazing quality

Talking of Primark - I see an article this week saying that the company officially says you pronounce it PRI mark not PRE mark.

It may now be an American company but in it's Irish beginnings as far as I can remember everyone called it PRE mark.

A straw poll on this?

Straw poll vote from me...

I have only ever called it, or heard it called, PRI Mark. That is in London. Regional variations perhaps.....

Whether in the North East, where I have family, or in London where I live it is pronounced PRI mark when I've heard it spoken (or PRI Marni as a nickname) never PREE mark.

The nylon shell suits will be along anytime soon. Q's clothes are nearly all throwbacks to the 80's, 90's or even earlier, and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't launch a crinoline range anytime soon. Imo IW's designs are more attractive and practical for most people's lifestyle. The memory of Kathy Taylor in that fluorescent top and looking like a giant amber traffic light will stay with me forever, as I'm still having treatment....

Always Primark in my area too. Never Preeemark. Look at it like this..... is the word 'prime' ever spoken as 'preeeem' ? enough said.

that fewer garments are being offered with the dreaded sharkbite hem !!!! It seems to have almost disappeared - thank God. Yes there are hi-lo hems with the ridiculous chiffon afterthoughts, but at least the hip-enhancing disasters have had their day.

Now, how long before the hideous cold shoulder goes the same way. Funny isn't it, those least suited are the ones who wear it the most - during the Summer I rarely spotted young girls with slender arms wearing cold shoulder tops, but in the town near to me, I lost count at the number of hefty women with huuuge (and sometimes tattooed) arms showing off the flesh in the least classy way possible. Clearly these females do not own a mirror.

I don't mind some of the Sharbite tops, as long as they look good and not too long.

Agree totally with these cold shoulder tops, thankfully where I live that doesn't seem to be the choice of fashion. I do see the odd woman though and think it looks ridiculous and that goes for a few of the Presenters I see wearing them too! Big NO NO!!!! :mysmilie_13:

I love Primark. Always get my socks there. Their Butler & Webb range of shirts are really amazing quality

Not a huge fan of this shop but recently got a very nice cardigan for buttons and I do like their PJ's, soft and again very cheap! :mysmilie_59:

Just noticed with a few of the Kim & Co tops ( Kathy T has one on in the 10:00-11:00 a.m show Wed.10/10) the hem goes up & pokes out at the front--I feel as though I want to pull it forward on the shoulders to level it up! Another top on the models is doing the same.Is this a 'feature' I am not appreciating?

Just noticed with a few of the Kim & Co tops ( Kathy T has one on in the 10:00-11:00 a.m show Wed.10/10) the hem goes up & pokes out at the front--I feel as though I want to pull it forward on the shoulders to level it up! Another top on the models is doing the same.Is this a 'feature' I am not appreciating?

The models are forever tugging at tops' hems on QVC. If they aren't comfortable flashing everything below their navels on TV, God help customers just living their day-to-day lives.

Latest posts

Back