Anybody watching?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

By the way, sorry I forgot to say how lovely your sapphire looks, i'm becoming very won over by pear cuts these days, they are deliciously elegant and I think they have set the ring simply and its lovely. x

Well i did say i was through with gems but after Andy was so upfront about everything with me and refunded my items i thought i'd browse the clearance and bought these 2 stunners http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UWJ7698&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9 £322 (used 10% discount and 12% cash back site)
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UQW6860&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9 £293 (with 10% discount and 12% cash back site)
Was only keeping 1 but hubby is buying me one for our wedding aneversary on Valentines day so i've kept both, they are so heavy and even better ones a size L and the other a L.5 so they fit.

Hi Meeshoo and Sacha! OOH its good to be talking purple sapphires!
Yes, It was a purple sapphire I bought so impulsively, but will have to whisper, not gems but TJC..
It was rhapsody and I think between a 2 -3 carat (but no clear memory), solitaire in platinum, looked very beautiful and lust took over!:mysmilie_17:

I saw that on air last night, boy you were fast it was still mid final plunge when you took it :mysmilie_697:

Thank you Briolette. I hope your ring is lovely. The diamonds and goldweight of an Iliana and Rhapsody piece are normally excellent.

Just a word of caution though if BE diffusion bothers you. I asked TJC sometime ago about whether their sapphires were BE diffused. After much to'ing and fro'ing poor Miles the CS Manager was given such drivel to feedback to me that it was clear they weren't sure. Anyway, he's very keen to get the right answer and so he went back again and asked them to check. The upshot is that this has been escalated and they're in the process of getting this checked with, I think, a laboratory and the bigwigs are involved. I suspect (and always have done) that all of their Sapphires already set in jewellery are BE diffused - for the price it would be difficult to see that they weren't. However, they're a huge company and do have buying power so ............... Hopefully, they'll know within your 30 day MBG so you can make an informed decision. Hope that helps. x

Hi Marie my darling! long time no chat!
Yes youre so right..i was dialling like mad and just lucky to get through first I guess..but I really did fall in love on the spot with it..hope it lives up to my memory.
Well, aren't you the lucky one with your fab rings..and what a lovely husband.
Marie, thats a huge amount of platinum and diamonds for the money..well done! I was offered a £30 voucher on the phone so was really chuffed to get a discount unexpectedly. :mysmilie_348:

Yes thanks Meeshoo, it does help, as I said I acted very impulsively because of love!! But thankfully I will have 30 days to make some enquiries. To be honest, and without sneaking on to google, i'm not really aware of beryllium diffusion treatments, but what I have gleaned from your earlier reply has made me realise thats its basically a way of producing a desired colour from unpromising original material..and that kind of feels like a swizz to me! I do hope mine is just heat treated, then I can absolutely love it. :mysmilie_687:

Hi Marie my darling! long time no chat!
Yes youre so right..i was dialling like mad and just lucky to get through first I guess..but I really did fall in love on the spot with it..hope it lives up to my memory.
Well, aren't you the lucky one with your fab rings..and what a lovely husband.
Marie, thats a huge amount of platinum and diamonds for the money..well done! I was offered a £30 voucher on the phone so was really chuffed to get a discount unexpectedly. :mysmilie_348:

Hi ya hun :mysmilie_348: long time indeed i'm still waiting for my paraiba in the post you were sending me for my birthday last October :mysmilie_698::mysmilie_12:
Well i see you taste hasn't changed it was a lovely ring last night a very unusual colour, hope you love it when it comes (if not i will be willing to except it as my late birthday pressie :mysmilie_82:)xxx

No idea! It looks like a normal pave set of melee diamonds to me.

Don't worry about the origin of the diamonds, it probably just means they can't identify which mine they've come from. It's more important that they disclose the treatment than the mine.

Thanks for that Meesh and as for where diamonds originate, I'm happy so long as they are good quality
and conflict free.

Hi Meeshoo and Sacha! OOH its good to be talking purple sapphires!
Yes, It was a purple sapphire I bought so impulsively, but will have to whisper, not gems but TJC..
It was rhapsody and I think between a 2 -3 carat (but no clear memory), solitaire in platinum, looked very beautiful and lust took over!:mysmilie_17:

That sounds lovely Briolette, hope you get your delivery soon and can share a pic or two with us. :mysmilie_374:

Hiya Cherub, your two new purchases look wonderful and in size 6.........I'm so envious. Did you get them
from the website perchance....I'd love to have some rings in this smaller size?
All I got on the clearance website was Chalcedony set in silver...but with nearly 0.25ct of diamonds...for about a tenner...(after discount). :mysmilie_697:

will post pics sacha, I tried to look for it on web site today in case there was a pic or details but no, maybe it never even made it onto the web! xx

Marie, no my taste has not changed! I do still love my violet sapphire and will never forget the excitement involved in getting it. Was very lucky to get an emerald a few weeks ago, which i'm claiming is for my 50th bday in April..however, ive worn it every weekend so far and adore it! Now, about that paraiba..mmm where DID I put it??...xx:mysmilie_81:

Hiya Cherub, your two new purchases look wonderful and in size 6.........I'm so envious. Did you get them
from the website perchance....I'd love to have some rings in this smaller size?
All I got on the clearance website was Chalcedony set in silver...but with nearly 0.25ct of diamonds...for about a tenner...(after discount). :mysmilie_697:

Hiya Sacha yes they were in the clearance section on the website, a tenner for your ring sounds fab any pic or link?

Hiya Sacha yes they were in the clearance section on the website, a tenner for your ring sounds fab any pic or link?
Oh bummer! just checked the website and only one very pricey ring in size 7 left! Ah well, if you ever find you've a spare size 6 Plat ring.........you know where to come......:mysmilie_697:

Sorry, can't take a pic for you, camera battery's flat so here's a not very good link. I also did get one with white diamonds and no rhodium plating, similar price. They are massive rings, but I was interested to get them for their crystal properties......am hoping my DD would like one.
PS The champagne diamonds are very good, even some fire coming from them.

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UWH7961&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9

Latest posts

Back