anybody Loungewear TSV 27/01/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmm! Another cardi? We used to stretch our school jumper sleeves and make a thumb-hole like this until it was spotted and we all had to stay in a lunch-time to repair them in the sewing room and learn about darning.

Those sleeves look baboon-length so maybe the model made her own thumb-hole so she wouldn't lose her hands completely!

Never in all my born days will I ever see the reason why anyone would want a cardi were you put your thumbs through the sleeves, I mean why? why?! It's just wrong. :mysmilie_13:

I would say QVC "fashion" had lost it's way...but it's closer to the truth to say it's lost the plot. This is another depressing shroud. Sorry if you like it. I find it dispiriting that so many uninspiring garments are snapped up...the only way it changes if customers stop buying these US "bestsellers" and consign them to history.

Lounge wear .Hmm the latest money spinner for Q. Don't like this even to lounge around in.
The sleeves are horrible but im sure they will be a selling point.Very impractible.

Last edited:
Lounge wear .Hmm the latest money spinner for Q. Don't like this even to lounge around in.
The sleeves are horrible but im sure they will be a selling point.Very impractible.

The sleeves are not great for the washing up I thought ))

The sleeves are not great for the washing up I thought ))

Aha, number one reason why I MUST get one :mysmilie_59:

Only joking, would not buy this. I envisaged loungewear to be a nice smart sort of "one step up from pj's" plush tracksuit kind of thing for lounging on the sofa with the dog and a large gin. I suppose that's a bit 80's.

CC

Anybody Drape Front Button Detail Knit Cardigan
Item Number: 162410
QVC Price £36.00
Todays Special Value Price £26.98
P&P £3.95

This soft, cosy long length cardigan from Anybody can be worn open as a waterfall style, or buttoned up for more coverage, creating a draped, cowl neckline, plus it has thumb holes at the cuffs for added comfort. Create fantastic looks throughout the seasons, with this stylish, versatile piece.

Shades of style - with five classic shades there is a choice to suit any taste. If you’re looking for neutral tones then you’ll love the Heather Grey and Heather Taupe options, while the Heather Navy and Black are classic looks for every season. Or if you want something softer and more feminine, try the Pale Blush.

Perfect for every occasion - this gorgeous cardigan is incredibly versatile, letting you create so many looks - pair with some joggers at home, for a nod to the athleisure trend or wear with jeans or trousers for a smart/casual look.

Long sleeves
82% viscose, 12% polyester, 5% elastane
Machine wash cold separately

Garment measurements:

Chest: S: 96.5cm (38"), M: 101cm (40"), L: 108cm (42.5"), XL: 115cm (45.5"), 2XL: 127cm (50"), 3XL: 137cm (54")
Length: S: 79.5cm (31"), M: 80cm (31.5"), L: 81cm (32"), XL: 82cm (32"), 2XL: 86cm (34"), 3XL: 88cm (35")

Colour options:

Heather Navy with rose gold tone buttons
Heather Grey with rose gold tone buttons
Heather Taupe with silver tone buttons
Black with silver tone buttons
Pale Blush with rose gold tone buttons

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.162410

They are moving more and more into the shapeless garment which they hope will have universal appeal with minimal production costs for them.

Dolman sleeves means never having to worry about fat arms. Thumb holes mean not worrying about getting sleeve-lengths right and having to attach cuffs. Too much cheap fabric that just hangs limply instead of using less fabric of a better quality and cut on the bias to give the garment the proper drape. Shark tooth or dipped hem to accommodate women of all heights.

Waterfall front so no need for proper shaping over bust and waist plus no need for the extra cost of making button plackets and attaching buttons. Seams down the back of blouses to make sure they squeeze maximum number of pieces from the fabric, even though the seams are rarely smooth and therefore spoil the drape.

Sheesh !

Loungewear is "an expanding market and right on trend" according to the guest presenter.
Expect Q to vastly capitalise ,and all designers churn out baggy shapeless tent like garments .

Personally I don't need to waste my money buying something especially to relax in.
PJ bottoms and a T shirt does fine.

I think the fabric looks quite thin and yes I know it`s lounge wear so meant for inside wear but it looks as if it will wash quite badly and the edges could be that poor quality kind of blanket stitch overlocking. Hopefully I`m wrong especially for those people who`ve ordered it.
As for the thumb holes, well it takes me back to being a child and my Mum attaching my mittens to idiot strings which came down my sleeves and my mittens flapped on the end of it so I wouldn`t lose them.
It will be interesting to read the reviews on this seeing as some people on Q`s facebook page are saying they`ve ordered 3 in different colours. It`s still over £30 apiece with p and p for what is essentially a shapeless baggy cardi in a thin fabric.

go to gap they do lovely hardwearing soft loungewear in the sale for around £10/£15 a piece sometimes a lot less and they last years

The tsv looks terrible on Jilly, she's not a great advert for this one

Jilly did not look good in this and neither did half the models. Looked like you could shoot peas through the fabric and it just wasn't that nice IMO. I mean lounging at home would you want that fussy crossover front and very long sleeves that you have thumb holes for? I mean, would you? Expensive too for what it is.

CC

When does PJs become Loungewear and loungewear become casual clothes

Looking at the TSV range I'm at a loss as to how/when/where you wear some of the items.

Maybe it's because I'm not a loungewear person, with me it's either proper clothes outside or jeans and T shirt around the house unless I know someone is coming around when it's a slightly better jeans and top.

Sounds very uS to me.

Latest posts

Back