any review for Judith Williams skincare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LADY TIA

Registered Shopper
Hi

I wonder if anyone has tried the Juidth Williams skincare line and can give me any reveiws?

It seems reasonably priced but I'm confused between the life long beauty and phytomineral ranges and whether it actually does offer value for money

Thanks in advance
:sun:

Hi

I wonder if anyone has tried the Juidth Williams skincare line and can give me any reveiws?

It seems reasonably priced but I'm confused between the life long beauty and phytomineral ranges and whether it actually does offer value for money

Thanks in advance
:sun:

I've used a few products from the Phytomineral range - the cleanser, moisturiser and eye cream in particular. I did get some of the Life Long Beauty range but never got to try it as my OH helpfully left the unopened kit behind in a hotel room whilst holidaying :dull: !! I've been pretty impressed with it and think it is very well priced. The moisturiser in particular is ginormous and lasts for ages. I didn't feel it was fantastically high performing, but it's perfectly pleasurable to use. Generally I'm a Decleor and Liz Earle user, with a bit of Elemis thrown in, and for me it fit with these ranges fine. I've just ordered some A'Kin though, so will have to see how that compares with all of the above!

HTH :up:

I've used a few products from the Phytomineral range - the cleanser, moisturiser and eye cream in particular. I did get some of the Life Long Beauty range but never got to try it as my OH helpfully left the unopened kit behind in a hotel room whilst holidaying :dull: !! I've been pretty impressed with it and think it is very well priced. The moisturiser in particular is ginormous and lasts for ages. I didn't feel it was fantastically high performing, but it's perfectly pleasurable to use. Generally I'm a Decleor and Liz Earle user, with a bit of Elemis thrown in, and for me it fit with these ranges fine. I've just ordered some A'Kin though, so will have to see how that compares with all of the above!

HTH :up:

oo thanks ArtDeco, that's really helpful. I was thinking of getting a small kit so might go for it.

I thik the LLB might be too rich for me. I'm 36 and definitely have the signs of ageing but my skin is quite combination so thought I'd maybe try phytomineral with a serum underneath

Thank again

I THINK the Life Long Beauty range is for people over 40 or with exceptionally dry skins, whereas the Phytominerals is for everybody. Kind of like the way Clientele used to do Elastology for everyone and Estro lift was for over 40's.
Hope that's the right info, but please someone correct me if not.

I love JW. I have been using the Phytominerals moisturiser since April & still have loads left & thats morning & evening. Used up everything else. I love it. Thinks its great value for what you get.

I like JW as well. She has lovely skin & looks attractive unlike Fiona Brackenbury who is not a great advert for Decleor at all. I daren't say what my husband says she looks like :grin:

Thanks for that sue54. I think I'm going to try the phytomineral starter pack which is good value, guess I can always send it back, its reactions I'm worried about as much as anything but I can only try :wave:

oo thanks ArtDeco, that's really helpful. I was thinking of getting a small kit so might go for it.

I thik the LLB might be too rich for me. I'm 36 and definitely have the signs of ageing but my skin is quite combination so thought I'd maybe try phytomineral with a serum underneath

Thank again

You're welcome! :hi: I'm nearly 35, don't have too many signs of ageing yet (other than around eyes) but my traditionally combination skin has accelerated towards dry at an alarming rate in the last twelve months, and Judith has coped fine with it :giggle: I agree with Sue54, Judith Williams herself has absolutely wonderful skin, the best on QVC IMHO, check her out if you haven't already, she has shows at 4pm & 9pm this coming Tuesday (24th). I'm sure it's largely genetic but she's certainly a good advert for her range :nod:

I agree about the genetic thing. I am blessed with this & have very good skin all over for my 56 years with hardly a line or wrinkle, but I do also take good care of it. Quoting AY '' I am a wrinkle phobic''.

My mother who is 83 this year had great skin as well & so did both her parents. Sadly her skin is not so good now as she has Alzheimers & dosen't bother with anything. No moisturiser etc & she used to be absolutely fanatical about her appearance.:mysmilie_476:

I agree about the genetic thing. I am blessed with this & have very good skin all over for my 56 years with hardly a line or wrinkle, but I do also take good care of it. Quoting AY '' I am a wrinkle phobic''.

My mother who is 83 this year had great skin as well & so did both her parents. Sadly her skin is not so good now as she has Alzheimers & dosen't bother with anything. No moisturiser etc & she used to be absolutely fanatical about her appearance.:mysmilie_476:

Hi
Unfortunately I'm blessed with horrible skin lol ah well I have to work with it as best I can though.

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. My OH's gran had dementia, she used olay for years and was always so smartly dressed but as her condition became worse it was very sad to see her completely forget about her appearance, not because it mattered to us but because we know she would have been so shocked if she had seen herself, she was a real lady.

You're welcome! :hi: I'm nearly 35, don't have too many signs of ageing yet (other than around eyes) but my traditionally combination skin has accelerated towards dry at an alarming rate in the last twelve months, and Judith has coped fine with it :giggle: I agree with Sue54, Judith Williams herself has absolutely wonderful skin, the best on QVC IMHO, check her out if you haven't already, she has shows at 4pm & 9pm this coming Tuesday (24th). I'm sure it's largely genetic but she's certainly a good advert for her range :nod:

Thanks for the tip off re the shows, I'll be V+ ing those. My skin is really unbalanced and I've been using Liz Earle, whilst I like the range I only seem to be able to use it for around a month at a time and then my skin seems to flare up so I'll defnitely give Judith Williams a go,

Thanks for the tip off re the shows, I'll be V+ ing those. My skin is really unbalanced and I've been using Liz Earle, whilst I like the range I only seem to be able to use it for around a month at a time and then my skin seems to flare up so I'll defnitely give Judith Williams a go,

Your skin sounds a bit like mine, which has surpassed the standard types of 'normal', 'combination, 'dry' etc and has defined a whole new category: 'whingy' :giggle:. Generally it's combination, increasingly dry as I get older, but I have had some flare-ups due to hormonal issues. The best products I've found that really work to calm it are Decleor Balm Essential and Elemis SOS Emergency Cream. A girl on an Elemis counter once suggested to me that I use SOS as my night cream once a week even if my skin isn't playing up too badly, which has been a really good strategy as it comes in quite big packs and like all Elemis only lasts six months once opened.

Hope this is of some use :up:

Last edited:
Your skin sounds a bit like mine, which has surpassed the standard types of 'normal', 'combination, 'dry' etc and has defined a whole new category: 'whingy' :giggle:. Generally it's combination, increasingly dry as I get older, but I have had some flare-ups due to hormonal issues. The best products I've found that really work to calm it are Decleor Balm Essential and Elemis SOS Emergency Cream. A girl on an Elemis counter once suggested to me that I use SOS as my night cream once a week even if my skin isn't playing up too badly, which has been a really good strategy as it comes in quite big packs and like all Elemis only lasts six months once opened.

Hope this is of some use :up:

I love it "whingy skin" that's the perfect description lol my other half probably thinks I'm whingy full stop :giggle: but of course I would say its just my skin.

I'm not too good with decleor balms - I used rose d'orient for ages then my skin said "now just what do you think you are doing" and it didn't work for me anymore. I seem to struggle with some essential oils but actually did quite like balm essential when I had it years ago so maybe that's an option for me now. I've never tried the SOS cream since Keeley gave the tip about properly warming it in her hands before use and always found it very heavy. I love the elemis sensitive skin wash though.

Thanks so much for the tips.

I love it "whingy skin" that's the perfect description lol my other half probably thinks I'm whingy full stop :giggle: but of course I would say its just my skin.

I'm not too good with decleor balms - I used rose d'orient for ages then my skin said "now just what do you think you are doing" and it didn't work for me anymore. I seem to struggle with some essential oils but actually did quite like balm essential when I had it years ago so maybe that's an option for me now. I've never tried the SOS cream since Keeley gave the tip about properly warming it in her hands before use and always found it very heavy. I love the elemis sensitive skin wash though.

Thanks so much for the tips.

I've recently gone back to SOS after quite a long a break and I'm convinced the formula has changed - it's far lighter, far less sticky. Don't want to encourage wanton spending but thought I'd pass that on. I'll stop now :nod: :giggle:

I tried quite a bit of the phytomineral range when it was a tsv, and must admit I wasn't impressed with any of it. It seemed to do nothing for my skin, and whilst the pot of cream was huge, I found it really difficult to rub/dissolve the little yellow balls. It drove me crazy.

Well, a little about me and my skin. I'm 53 and have pretty good 'normal' skin that seems able to take most ranges without complaint. I love decleor, elemis and a'kin - which I'm currently using - with the odd bout of Liz Earle. Think over the years I've probably used most skincare ranges out there, ranging from Creme de la mer through to the Aldi cream.

What I think has made the biggest difference to my skin is using the Tresonic cleansing system and also the Tua trend facial device.

I've recently gone back to SOS after quite a long a break and I'm convinced the formula has changed - it's far lighter, far less sticky. Don't want to encourage wanton spending but thought I'd pass that on. I'll stop now :nod: :giggle:

Wanton spending needs no encouragement lol mmm might have to check this out - you can get small sizes usually on fleabay or via timetospa direct. I have an Elemis counter in my local selfridges, might just have to pass next time I'm in :devil::blush:

I tried quite a bit of the phytomineral range when it was a tsv, and must admit I wasn't impressed with any of it. It seemed to do nothing for my skin, and whilst the pot of cream was huge, I found it really difficult to rub/dissolve the little yellow balls. It drove me crazy.

Well, a little about me and my skin. I'm 53 and have pretty good 'normal' skin that seems able to take most ranges without complaint. I love decleor, elemis and a'kin - which I'm currently using - with the odd bout of Liz Earle. Think over the years I've probably used most skincare ranges out there, ranging from Creme de la mer through to the Aldi cream.

What I think has made the biggest difference to my skin is using the Tresonic cleansing system and also the Tua trend facial device.

Thanks snailsontour. Its good to hear other views on the J Williams range. I know cleansing makes a massive difference with the right products and when thorough. I am a cleansing balm fan but don't always find them quick enough when I'm in a rush.

Well I went for the starter kit so I'll see how I get on. Because my skin is problematic (whingy :giggle:) I start at the point of I'll react and hope I'm pleasantly surprised. :sun:

I bought the very first TSV of phytomineral and love it. The serums were particularly good. Would happily but any JW product. They seem very high quality and a good value for money.

Good luck Lady Tia. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks ArtDeco, didn't know there was a JW show on tuesday.

I bought the very first TSV of phytomineral and love it. The serums were particularly good. Would happily but any JW product. They seem very high quality and a good value for money.

Good luck Lady Tia. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks ArtDeco, didn't know there was a JW show on tuesday.

Thank you I'll certainly report back. There seem to be a number of serums in the range so it always confuses me about which is the best to go for but I'll see how the starter pack is na take it from there.

Watched Judith Wiliams at 4pm. I really do like her. She looks the part as much as anything. Beautiful skin, made up attractively, dresses well & knows her stuff. Has a nice manner with her as well.

Knocks spots off FB.

I'm using the phytominerals range at the moment as I wanted to break my this year's increasingly expensive gatineau habit - like the look of them (purple bottles!) and think they are working ok, but skin not as smooth feeling as with gatineau, definitely. I'm in my forties and combination/ whingy is my skintype (!). Good luck with them though, it really does seem the case that you have to find things that suit your individual skin, and of course even that changes...

I can't believe I used to be a cleasing tissue from tesco girl in my previous decade. Whatever was I thinking! Still, you can go too far the other way and end up radiant but bankrupt....

Attica x

Latest posts

Back