Any reccommendations on the juicer ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilian

Registered Shopper
Do any of you ladies have the Jack Lallane juicer ? Are you happy with it ? I'm in two minds whether to get it considering the free P&P plus EZ pay. I've seen write ups on it about the motor burning out within a short period.

Thanks

My motor hasn't burnt out as it is one of the items sitting in the back of the cupboard!!!

Takes about 6 oranges to make a glass of juice and then is really fiddly to take apart and clean it all up. Unless you are going to be doing a lot of juicing and have a large family who might also be doing some then it is not really worth it in my opinion.

My motor hasn't burnt out as it is one of the items sitting in the back of the cupboard!!!

Takes about 6 oranges to make a glass of juice and then is really fiddly to take apart and clean it all up. Unless you are going to be doing a lot of juicing and have a large family who might also be doing some then it is not really worth it in my opinion.

I agree. Mine ended up costing me about a tenner to send back, so I wouldn't think of ever trying another one now.

Hi, I had mine about one week. It went back very quickly, at great cost to me. It is very difficult to clean, and so awkward to take apart and put back. Also it is incredibly noisy. Hope this helps. J.

Juicing costs a fortune. Mine is now at the back of the cupboard for this reason. It's cheaper to use vegetables than fruit but it tastes vile without the fruit to sweeten it.

I bought mine when it was a tsv a few years ago. Its now in the garage ! like other reviewers say its a lot of faffing around for 1 glass full of juice, AND the cost of the glassful is horrendous. By the time you've bought all the fruit its probably cost a fiver ! Unless of course you go to the supermarket at the end of the day for the reductions, but otherwise it aint economical, no way.

Do any of you ladies have the Jack Lallane juicer ? Are you happy with it ? I'm in two minds whether to get it considering the free P&P plus EZ pay. I've seen write ups on it about the motor burning out within a short period.

Thanks

Well it looks like I'm a lone voice here but as I've said before my Jack the Lad juicer is probably the best purchase I've ever made from QVC (or that I rather never made, as it was bought from the Birchwood outlet, courtesy of my lovely forum friend lizgregs!) Mine is the previous model to the one I think you're referring to lilian (mine can't do small stone fruit) but the motor is going strong and I've used it daily for not far off a year. I have a nearly four year old who considers consuming an actual literal piece of fruit/vegetable to be against his human rights, but he'll drink tons of juice, so for me it's been a boon. I've converted several friends who have similarly recalcitrant children too - we all believe that you can see the difference in the complexions of those little ones who get more than their five a day in liquid form, and we've all noticed a reduction in viruses, an apple a day and all that :blush:. As others have said, it isn't terribly cheap to run as it does take a lot of fruit to make a good amount of juice, but then if you consider how much goodness you're getting in just half a glass I think it's worth it.

As to cleaning, I don't find mine too arduous - it's a bit like a toasted sandwich maker, if you do it straight away it's more a case of rinsing it clean under the hot tap, if you leave it it can be a nightmare (my Dad has the same juicer and once forgot to clean his before going travelling. When he got back he filled the bath and chucked it in to soak :giggle:.) I only recently got a dishwasher (hurrah) but before that always handwashed mine and I'm no domestic godess I can tell you :giggle:. It would be heavy to return under the 30 day MBG (although thinking about that would they collect it?) but I can't recommend mine more highly...in fact, as and when mine finally goes I think I'll PM all those who've posted above me and see if I can take theirs off their hands and give them some cupboard space back...:clapping::giggle:

HTH :hi:

We bought ours several years ago and it gets used everyday for both fruit and vegetables. Cleaning is not a problem if you put a plastic bag inside the container that catches the waste fruit, lift out the bag when finished and bin it. Then all you have to do rinse this and the other parts under the tap….it’s that quick and easy. The cost might be a little bit more than the juice from the supermarket, but mine is freshly made, does not sit on the shelf for 2 or 3 days but best of all NO additives added.

Another for "if you put the effort in you get the rewards" comment. Even though we don't use it that often, it is worth it for the taste. If you are a bit more adventurous, use the bits for smoothies or in cooking. Reliabilty wise, we've had ours for years and its still going strong. Just did a quick look and you can buy spare parts for it so its not that bad for diy repairs considering.

For anyone who's interested they had quite a few of them in the Birdhwood outlet this morning for about £47. I picked one up to have a look at it and it weighed a TON.

Latest posts

Back