Any Ideas On Alternative To PCMC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As my credit has been well and truly crunched I can no longer afford to buy my beloved Pro Collagen Marine Cream :mysmilie_1858:

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what I could use instead? I've been looking at the Boots Protect and Perfect range but don't want to commit as Boots don't have a 30 day money back guarentee:mysmilie_17:

Any advice on any day cream would be appreciated. My skin is sort of combination as, even though I'm in my very, very, late 30's I still get breakouts especially if I use anything too thick on my skin.

:mysmilie_687:

I use the PCMC and have expired my latest tub. As I don't like missing out on my routine, I bought a 'cheapo' cream from Aldi. I wasn't expecting anything at all but, for £1.99, you can't be done. What a surprise. It has a nice smell with it - not as alluring as the elemis - and it makes the skin feel extremely soft. I still prefer the elemis PCMC but for the price, the aldi cream is a good fill-in. And it's not tested on animals, which is a must for me. It will certainly put me on until another pro-collagen arrives. I got the eye cream as well - £1.49! The most expensive product they sell is a serum-type cream with snake venom as the 'miracle' ingredient for £6.99.

It is certainly a VFM brand. I have sensitive skin also and can react to anything, so I thought my skin would be averse to it, but no, I had no reaction whatsoever.

I use the PCMC and have expired my latest tub. As I don't like missing out on my routine, I bought a 'cheapo' cream from Aldi. I wasn't expecting anything at all but, for £1.99, you can't be done. What a surprise. It has a nice smell with it - not as alluring as the elemis - and it makes the skin feel extremely soft. I still prefer the elemis PCMC but for the price, the aldi cream is a good fill-in. And it's not tested on animals, which is a must for me. It will certainly put me on until another pro-collagen arrives. I got the eye cream as well - £1.49! The most expensive product they sell is a serum-type cream with snake venom as the 'miracle' ingredient for £6.99.

It is certainly a VFM brand. I have sensitive skin also and can react to anything, so I thought my skin would be averse to it, but no, I had no reaction whatsoever.

Sorry, what does VFM mean?
Little dense here:mysmilie_17:

E45.

Seriously, E45.

I was in a mad rush one morning this week and slapped it on without thinking.
It was only when I took off my make up that night that I realised my skin felt better nourished than it had in ages.

I've used PCMC for five years and I just might have found my no-payday alternative!

i am not trying to be funny but why not try the aldi ones? i know its a vast difference in price but they may be a good temp. investment of around 3 quid a jar.
if i remember correctly, a couple of years ago they came out best in uk consumer tests beating creams that cost more than 100 pounds a pot. I started using them then and they are very good. i prefer the aqua depot one (they prolly have different names in the uk) and its great for the summer but not quite enough for my dry skin in the central heating months.
I also have the q10 skin cream from them. rather expensive as 3.20 for 500 ml lol but it feels and smells great.

I buy my husband the creams from Aldi when I am home and his skin is better looking than mine just now so I have swapped over to give them a try.

Ive bought the Q10 as well and so far so good. Skin feels more moisturised than with PCMC that I was using. At the price of it well worth a try.

Thank you all for your advice. I quite like the sound of the A'Kin range as I already use their creamy cleanser. LE Superskin also sounds tempting.

I maybe brave and try ebay as nothing ventured nothing gained and thanks Capirossi and JCR1982 for the list of trusted sellers.

Thank you all again. This is why I love this forum so much as you are all so willing to help anyone out even with the little things. :mysmilie_687:

i was going to post yesterday but didnt have time, theres a free neil yeards cream with the marie clare magazine this month which is very nice and is non greasy like pcmc

I was looking for a cheap alternative to La Mer's oil-free lotion, just to take on holiday with me (after having my room broken into - though the management denied it could happen - and losing the real thing, I decided to never take the good stuff with me again).

I found a lightweight, oil-free moisturiser in Boots called Amie. It was £3.99 and comes as a creamy-yellow lotion in a clear tube. It was on the bottom shelf under the Clearasil and other young/oily skin stuff. It's very moisturising considering it's so light - very much like PCMC. I find myself reaching for it quite frequently just so my skin doesn't get used to PCMC or LMOF.

I just looked it up, Amie is a teenage range but it does have rosehip oil in it so it will be "lightly nourishing" :happy: Quite OK for mature combo skin like mine - I've been worrying about affording to replace my Elemis, and anyway, like you say, it's good to have a change.

clemenzina

I have just bought a Vitamin E illuminating cream from Superdrug for £1.22. I used it tonight and I had no problems My face didn't explode or anything so I have been lead to believe it would with a 'high street' brand.

Does anyone know where the heck these business sellers get their QVC cosmetics? All in bits and pieces :confused:

clemenzina

I'd love to know too! I used to sell costume/fashion jewellery on there from a wholesale supplier, but I could never find any brand name cosmetics on wholesalers lists. I think a lot of these products on ebay are considered 'seconds', although most of what's wrong with them is cosmetic (pardon the pun!!) I used to work for Boots and the amount of products that went in the staff shop or skip for having a wonky label was unbelievable!! I would love to get my hands on some Elemis etc seconds to sell. Then, of course, there are those who buy squillions of all the beauty TSV's and spend the rest of their lives selling them on!

Just to add - I bought the marie claire yesterday with the free 50ml size power berry Neals Yard moisturiser. It has a light gel like texture quite similar to PCMC and in my opinion smells much nicer. Just put it on and it's left a nice non greasy finish. COnsidering that PCMC costs somehting like £70 for 50ml and this was £3,50 with a magazine thrown in - it's winning hands down for me so far.

Just to add - I bought the marie claire yesterday with the free 50ml size power berry Neals Yard moisturiser. It has a light gel like texture quite similar to PCMC and in my opinion smells much nicer. Just put it on and it's left a nice non greasy finish. COnsidering that PCMC costs somehting like £70 for 50ml and this was £3,50 with a magazine thrown in - it's winning hands down for me so far.

I got this last week and meant to post about it but forgot:thinking: oops. I totally agree with you DrJude, I am very impressed with this moisturiser so far - and it's a full size too! It's very light, easily absorbed and keeps skin well hydrated with no oiliness. I'm not tooooo keen on the smell compared to that of my A'Kin moisturiser, it almost smells a bit medicinal - but even saying that, it's not a bad smell, just different :tongue:. Marie Claire did the same offer with a different NY moisturiser last year, again, it was very nice, and a full size tube too....bargain...

Yes I also got the other Neals Yard freebie with Marie Claire last year. It was the francinsence hydrating cream. It was a bit creamy for me as a day cream - but great for night-time. Have been meaning to buy the full size - but I'm trying working my way through L'occitane sensitive moisturiser - and now I have the power berry Neals Yard so I have plenty to keep me going for the timebeing.

Latest posts

Back