Any Ideas On Alternative To PCMC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Catkins

Registered Shopper
As my credit has been well and truly crunched I can no longer afford to buy my beloved Pro Collagen Marine Cream :mysmilie_1858:

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what I could use instead? I've been looking at the Boots Protect and Perfect range but don't want to commit as Boots don't have a 30 day money back guarentee:mysmilie_17:

Any advice on any day cream would be appreciated. My skin is sort of combination as, even though I'm in my very, very, late 30's I still get breakouts especially if I use anything too thick on my skin.

:mysmilie_687:

Liz Earles Superskin is quite nice and might be a good alternative but, IMO is not as good as PCMC - you can get the 30ml jars for quite a good price on eBay, there seem to be lots of them about.

I've been looking for an alternative myself Clare but find myself having to go back to PCMC every time. Other creams seem fine at first but after a few weeks I start getting breakouts and my skin just doesn't feel as good. I've been quite lucky on Ebay getting PCMC lately and not having to pay too much. Let us know if you do find anything else as good.

I have looked on ebay but am always nervous about ordering stuff off there as you do hear of some horror stories. Or am I just being paranoid!!!?

I use dermalogica super rich repair, (a little in the morning, a little more at night) I can get it online for £35 ish pounds and it lasts for months and months as you only need a little, I also use philosophy hope in a jar now and again bought from an auction site. I tried the Boots range you mentioned a few years ago and it burned my skin :|

Blimey Vikki that sounds dreadful. I have had a bed reaction to Boots No7 moisturiser a few years back. My whole face swelled up like a hamster - not a pretty sight I can tell you!!

I don't like the smell of Hope In A Jar otherwise I think I would use that as it does get good reviews.

Dermalogica seems like a good brand too - wonder why QVC don't stock it?

i am not trying to be funny but why not try the aldi ones? i know its a vast difference in price but they may be a good temp. investment of around 3 quid a jar.
if i remember correctly, a couple of years ago they came out best in uk consumer tests beating creams that cost more than 100 pounds a pot. I started using them then and they are very good. i prefer the aqua depot one (they prolly have different names in the uk) and its great for the summer but not quite enough for my dry skin in the central heating months.
I also have the q10 skin cream from them. rather expensive as 3.20 for 500 ml lol but it feels and smells great.

I've never used PCMC (smell is too overpowering IMO) but I am currently loving LE Superskin with the concentrate underneath at night time, and a serum in the day. You hardly need any of this product so I imagine a 50ml jar will last quite a while. I have combi/sensitive skin that has been quite dehydrated lately and these seems to be sorting it out nd plumping up my face (and I also cannot tolerate heavy creams as they break me out)

I also like Akin Rose De Mai but more in the summer - not hyrdrating enough for me when its cold.

The other creams I like don't have a 30 day MBG so won't mention!

i've tried the aldi ones and they aren't brilliant when you've been used to 'the good stuff'. i tried boots perfect and protect and didn't like that either. i now use decleor hydra floral which isn't as expensive as elemis pcmc, but does the job and a jar generally last 3 -4 months as you don't need a lot.

hope you find what you're looking for.

I buy my PCMC on ebay, got the full size night oxy for £32 last week.

Tips read feedback READ FEEDBACK

Check photo and ask questions. Look at power sellers as Elemis wise I really think they work in salons and get stuff cheaper to sell on ebay.

The LE Super is a lot richer than the PCMC to be honest.

I tried the Boots serum when it was raved about as being brilliant and it brought me out in spots - ended up throwing it away - no 30 mbg!!!

As Donna said - if you buy 'carefully' off ebay then you should be ok. Make sure the items are described as 'new and sealed' and check the feedback. I have got some good bargains off there.

Problem there Rosey, Elemis do not seal their PCMC. In fact they don't seal anything I can think of. Gatineau don't seal their stuff either. So, it's quite impossible to get PCMC new and sealed.

I buy a lot of moisturisers from ebay and never had any problems, Decleor seal some of theirs, large things in tubes, but all the "samples" and jars are unsealed. The Hydra Floral I got in the TSV was not in a box and was not sealed. In fact Lulu's timebomb stuff wasn't sealed either now that I think about it

Alpha-H on the other hand, and Perricone seal everything. I prefer my ebay purchases to be sealed as well Rosey, but with such a lot of companies not sealing their jars, (which they most certainly should), you have no idea what you are getting. Saying that, I sold a jar of PCMC I got from QVC in a kit on ebay, as I don't like it, but I said on my auction that Elemis do not seal their products.

Prai do a moisturiser that contains Padina Pavonica (the algae that is in PCMC) but I haven't tried it personally and can't remember which one it is. Prai aren't always a cheap option though, as you have to be careful and look at the jar size. It can look ok then you realise that is is only 30ml.
I remember another brand using that algae too but which one eludes me at the moment.

Look at the Elemis collections, particularily ones with the 15ml size of PCMC in. Often the cost of the collection is the value of the PCMC, but you get cleanser, toner, mask thrown in.

I buy my PCMC on ebay, got the full size night oxy for £32 last week.

Tips read feedback READ FEEDBACK

Check photo and ask questions. Look at power sellers as Elemis wise I really think they work in salons and get stuff cheaper to sell on ebay.

The LE Super is a lot richer than the PCMC to be honest.

I've bought a few Philosophy bits on Ebay and most have been fine. I always buy 'brand new and sealed' but once I bought a bottle of serum and it was 2 years over the use by date. :mysmilie_73: I now always ask but the trouble Philosophy don't put use by dates on their products any more which is a pain. :mysmilie_34:

Aveeno make lovely moisturisers which you can pick up on eBay for about a tenner. Granted there's no MBG but I use the Positively Radiant line and have done for yonks. It comes in SPF 15 or 30, has skin brightening soy complex and def makes my skin look brighter and younger (if I say so myself!!)

Tx

I tried the Boots protect stuff when all the hype was on, but found no special improvement. Was ok, but o like other stuff too.
I have started using A'Kin lately, as someone suggested it here, and I am very impressed. It is also remarable economical for instance:
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.228093 this one has a 50ml moisturizer,but I think its better for dry sin though.
Also have a look on mypure for it, they do other moisturizers in that range

I can heartily recommend A'kin - the Rose De Mai Anti-Oxidant Day Cream is for me quite simply the best moisturiser I have ever put onto my skin. It takes a wee bit of getting used to as it's a slightly different texture to many creams and you know about it if you put too much on (it simply won't rub in) but it's wonderful, really is a superb base for make up and a 50ml pot lasts forever. I team it with A'Kin Rosehip Oil underneath and my skin is looking better than it has done in years.

I would also highly rate LE Superskin Moisturiser - I thought it was going to be too heavy for my skin, but it wasn't at all - the only thing that puts me off with that is it's too pricey for everyday on my budget.

I have got 2 unopened PCMC 30mls which I would consider selling - They are from the most recent TSV (one with purple bag).

Currently finishing off a 100ml pot and then thinking might want to have a look around myself.

You can PM with offer if you are interested

I agree with Donna, the LE stuff is mega rich and not a good alternative to PCMC. I have to admit, the closest in texture I have ever come across is the Aldi one as already mentioned!! And I always (unless it's a super duper TSV) get my PC off ebay. These are a few trusted sellers I use. Good luck!

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/jus1967__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Beauty-by-Nat__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/id=108083926

PS - little tip - if you don't mind having it in tubes rather than the jar you can save loadsa cash!!!

Latest posts

Back