Any Eyeliner Suggestions Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did not reallise that people had problems of this sort. I have very dry skin so I do not have any experience of moving eyeliner! Except liner that does not last all day due to wear! The only consolation is a good one I am sure, as it is better age wise to have oily skin! PS I think Mally are good liners.

When I was a teenager I moaned about my awful oily, spot ridden skin, my mother said, "You'll be glad when you're older."
How true.
My skin is good for my age and my neck (excuse the boasting) is brilliant
but
I have these darn oily lids! ::doh:

I have oily lids too and swear by Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliners - I do use Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil before applying and after and this helps a lot, used on their own they transfer to my socket line.

I've ordered Bobbi Brown and Laura Geller's 2 Piece Eye Rimz with Brush so I'm hoping at least of them one will do the trick.

Of course, my youngest daughter is hoping otherwise. Yesterday, while wandering around looking at eye-liners together, the conversation ran to
"Thank your lucky stars that you did not inherit my oily lids"
"No Mam, I'm thankful you inherited someone's oil slicks. I've always wanted to try Bobbi Brown" :happy:

i hope you like them and if you dont your daughter will lol i was tempted by the new double rimz too but was a bit worried about the reddish one tho... i am a bit too sallow for rusty colours, frightened i will look sickly

Another vote for Bobbi Brown!
If you find you like the formulation, but not the colour, you can now order Bobbi Brown from Debenhams & get free delivery with code SHD1. I have a lot of trouble with eyeliner migrating, but not with Bobbi Brown. I use the shimmer shades, as the finish is much softer than the solid colours, especially on the waterline, where it doesn't budge. :sun:

Another vote for Bobbi Brown!
I use the shimmer shades, as the finish is much softer than the solid colours, especially on the waterline, where it doesn't budge. :sun:

That's interesting.
I dismissed the shimmer shades thinking they'd emphasise crepiness, but I like the idea of a softer line.
Thank you for the tip.

Bobbi used to do a gorgeous bronze shimmer gel liner I so wish she would bring it back!

Also on the subject of unbudgeable liners Bare Escentuals liner shadows are completely brilliant when used with their weather everything liner sealer they used to stay on me all day and all night if needed, the only reason I stopped using as its a bit oif a faff mixing them up every morning.

Bumpety bump.
I'm also looking for a nice liner that doesn't end up everywhere (I'm another greaseball as far as eyelids go) and came up with this thread after doing a little searchypoo on the forum. Interesting that the BB one should come out so favourably as that was one that got my attention after seeing a demo of it on Le Q Beauty yesterday.
Probably an extremely numb question but does it come off ok with ordinary cleansers or do you need to use their special long wear eye remover gel thingy?
Also, how does the package Le Q are doing for the two liners, brush and mascara do as far as price goes?
Cheers lovelies.

Bumpety bump.
I'm also looking for a nice liner that doesn't end up everywhere (I'm another greaseball as far as eyelids go) and came up with this thread after doing a little searchypoo on the forum. Interesting that the BB one should come out so favourably as that was one that got my attention after seeing a demo of it on Le Q Beauty yesterday.
Probably an extremely numb question but does it come off ok with ordinary cleansers or do you need to use their special long wear eye remover gel thingy?
Also, how does the package Le Q are doing for the two liners, brush and mascara do as far as price goes?
Cheers lovelies.

I've got that eyeliner/mascara package - bought it twelve months ago, the mascara was ok - nothing special (in my view) but the eyeliners are amazing and although it hasn't completely stopped the transferring problem for me it is much much improved. Also, I've had them on the go that long and there is barely a dent in them as you need so little.

As for removing, I have honestly found that just washing my face with the Dove soap is enough to remove it, so long as you make sure your face is soaking wet. It comes off well with Simple Eye Make Up remover too...

HTH xx

I've got that eyeliner/mascara package - bought it twelve months ago, the mascara was ok - nothing special (in my view) but the eyeliners are amazing and although it hasn't completely stopped the transferring problem for me it is much much improved. Also, I've had them on the go that long and there is barely a dent in them as you need so little.

As for removing, I have honestly found that just washing my face with the Dove soap is enough to remove it, so long as you make sure your face is soaking wet. It comes off well with Simple Eye Make Up remover too...

HTH xx

Thanks Hunny,
Think I'll give it a go.
X

Latest posts

Back