Any Eyeliner Suggestions Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

minim

Registered Shopper
Any Eyeliner Suggestions Please

I've yet to find a eyeliner that does not wander. No amount of powder before and after makes it stay put. Before very long I look as if I'm trapped in the 1960s with a Lulu socket line effort.
To say it has been a long search is not exaggerating - just call me 'Oily Lids'
I beg, borrow, steal and accept cast-offs from my daughters besides buying myself - to no avail
I get fed up and don't bother about it for long periods of time and then think, 'There must be something out there by now!'
I really don't want to bother with shadows any more. I just want to put on some eyeliner (a colour preferably) & mascara and forget about it.

Anyone got any recommendations?
Please?

I've spent some time today wandering around QVC, looking at video clips (where they still exist) and reading the feedback, but nothing convinced me.
My most recent "try" was CID i-Gel Eyeliner with brush (Item Number 221670), but I returned it after a week. I liked it, but it didn't like my lids and slid away.
The only other thing to add is that I'm not a fan of the black eye rims look favoured by Alison Young.

Have a look at E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/

Studio cream eyeliner, http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~179.htm

Brilliant stuff in a pot, best thing is that it dries in seconds. Eight colours, £3.50. Sign up and you'll get various discount codes often around 20% emailled to you. I've had next day delivery even using standard postage and orders over £30 are free delivery. Customer service is grat too.

The really cheap stuff is not that great but OK for teenagers but the studio stuff and the mineral range is really good. Have a look at the studio totally colourless HD setting powder if, like me, you are in your 40's and want to avoid powder making you look older.

I have tried them all and Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner stays put until you remove it and is really easy to apply. Closely followed by Smashbox Jet Set in second place.

I have very oily eyelids and the only thing that works for me is Bare Escentuals Weather Everything. It is a little bottle of liquid that you mix with powder eyeliner or shadow and it really does last!!

I don't know how to multi-quote so I'll just have to say one big thank you for your suggestions.:happy:
... I've got some research to do now :clapping:

Hi I have also tried all of the recommended eye liners. I have oily lids too and I have finally found a trick that works. I use Bobbi Brown cream eye shadow in shore as a base, any eye liner or shadow I have put on top stays all day and night. It is the only way I can keep eye make up on.

Mac Liquid Last Eyeliner for me. Do my eyes first - Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow in Heather, followed by Mac Liquid Last in Inkspill. Do the rest of my face before going back for eyelash curling and mascara, so that it has a good chance to dry. Only bit of my makeup that really does last all day!

Another vote for Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner or if you prefer a pencil - Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils :sun:

Another vote for gel eyeliner, either Bobbi Brown or Clinique which is just as good & easier to get hold of if you don't live near a city or want to pay Q's P&P, or take advantage of one of their gift with purchase offers.
Putting a little similar colour powder eyeshadow over either of them makes it even more budge proof.

Mally stays put on me even in 100 degree heat! I too had tried them all in the past but this is the only one that has ever worked.....

Bobbi Brown or Jet Set from Smashbox are waterproof. Look for brands which are water resistance.

Or you could try putting on your pencil and then apply powder shadow in the same shade to set it.

Another vote for Jet Set from Smashbox - they last on me all day. However I also use Smashbox's Lid Primer - this has stopped my eye make-up from melting away during the day. Well worth the money :up:

Oh don't buy the CID gel eyeliner, it's like clay! Very lumpy. I bought it in House of Fraser when I was enquiring if they sold Bobby Brown eyeliner. They recommended me to try CID, I spent £21 for it, hated it and couldn't return it. I've tried several times since but I'm sorry to say it was a very expensive mistake. It sits in its box getting dryer and more clumpy by the day. It must have reached it's sell by date now so can't give it any more chances so will throw it now!

Another one for Bobbi Brown or Smashbox Jet set. I sometimes use an primer on my eyes too but with both these liners you dont have to

Thank you for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.
So far:
Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner - 7
Jet Set from Smashbox waterproof - 4 (£12.99 on eBay)
Mally eyeliner - 2
E.L.F Studio cream eyeliner
Bare Escentuals Weather Everything
Mac Liquid Last Eyeliner
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils
Clinique

My youngest daughter phoned this morning & after I explained what I'd been up to, she came up with a good idea.
She suggested I went bare faced to a department store tomorrow & asked the nice lady on the Bobbi Brown counter to suggest a colour that would suit me. Cue the 'confused, dithering woman somewhere in her 50s who's not going away'.
Maybe a little demo on my eyes just to see? Of course, I can't leave the store with just one eye rimmed ...
Then, (this is a good bit lol), we could do a bit of shopping & lunch while road testing the Bobbi Brown!
Then, (this is even better) if the Bobbi Brown 'drifts', said daughter could have it!
You've got to love them.
I just hope the eldest does not get a whiff of this mission as she's got the day off tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back