Antthony Fashion Designs 20/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just had to look on line to see what his GI dress up was all about. Thought I would pee my pants I laughed so much. Wow he doesn't own a mirror that man is nuts.

He'd changed his outfit for the later hour.....looked like his shiny suit was made out of bin liners.

I just had to look on line to see what his GI dress up was all about. Thought I would pee my pants I laughed so much. Wow he doesn't own a mirror that man is nuts.

Someone needs to take Antthony around our supermarkets and see the quality of the clothes we over here can pick up for a tenner !

I've just been to Sainsburys and bought a lovely tunic top with pockets in a dusky pink marl - £14 with a further 25% off. Damned if I'm going to pay £40 incl p&p for something in a sweaty betty fabric.

Brissles, you are so right this rubbish is more expensive than M&S I often pick up supermarket bits and they do look nice on.

Someone needs to take Antthony around our supermarkets and see the quality of the clothes we over here can pick up for a tenner !

I've just been to Sainsburys and bought a lovely tunic top with pockets in a dusky pink marl - £14 with a further 25% off. Damned if I'm going to pay £40 incl p&p for something in a sweaty betty fabric.

Sainsburys is particularly good for clothing, I love their skinny jeans.

Lidl have some long sleeved tops 2 for £7 or £3.99 each and ladies dresses in" contemporary ribbed design " for £5.99 available this Sunday. Had some tops and jumpers from Aldi that were cheap and wash and wear well. Going to have a look at the dresses this Sunday. Should be ok for wearing in the house with leggings if they are ok.

Last edited:
Things this TSV has going for it:

good selection of colours - with the exception of the black and raspberry, I thought all the colours were lovely.
sensible hemline - neither sharkbite/hanky nor hi-lo... just a nice straight hemline.
viscose - so not polyester... in fact Antthony seems to favour viscose increasingly in recent TSVs.
No ruffles or hideous embellishments.

What it hasn't got going for it:

price for what is on offer - definitely expensive when you comparison shop with Asda/Sainsbury/Tesco.
design innovation - nothing special or designer about it.
quality look - very sheer fabric, and occasionally looked quite shiny as well.

I didn't buy it, or anything else during the breathless launch last night.

Antthony's attire is becoming more and more the highlight of his shows. If he's dressing to distract from the "fashion designs" he's bringing to air, it's almost working! He gets kudos for being the name of the brand and still making the trips across the pond... if only more of the home-grown star guests would do the same. He seems a very nice chap... and he talks a good design... but it doesn't appear to make it past the initial sketch before it falls foul of QVC's "here is the price we are selling it for, now make it and sell it to us for lots less so we make loads of money... oh, and some for you too of course"

I caught a few minutes of our local business news this morning about a company who was expanding and taking on new employees. They said that they made accessories which were sold on QVC. So not everything comes from the China warehouse unless it goes via there.

Wonder if it is Lola Rose scarves?

The TSV isn't a 'sweaty Betty fabric', it's 95% viscose... but why ruin a good insult with some facts eh?

I caught a few minutes of our local business news this morning about a company who was expanding and taking on new employees. They said that they made accessories which were sold on QVC. So not everything comes from the China warehouse unless it goes via there.

Wonder if it is Lola Rose scarves?

No, my Lola Rose scarves are "Made lovingly in India", according to the label!

The TSV isn't a 'sweaty Betty fabric', it's 95% viscose... but why ruin a good insult with some facts eh?

It has the appearance of a "sweaty Betty fabric." It looks a bit thin and clingy .I wasn't interested to buy but maybe its better than it looks .Reviews will be interesting.

i think the powers to be at qvc towers have hoodwinked us all into thinking £40 is just pocket money change. look at the price of the beauty tsv's most are edging towards £50

Not having purchased from IW for over 10 years but reading a few positive posts here, in particular about capped postage I thought I would give it a look again.

Watched a show, presenter annoying but what's new there, tunic was on special half price offer of the massive price £14.99 . I would have ordered more than one and saved on post but as I didn't know what it was going to be like or the fit I didn't.

Arrived today (quicker than Q) 2 emails to tell me about delivery and a phone call (Mr L took it and they are phoning back)

Whilst it is no Stella McCartney, it is as good as the Q brands charging £50 plus, it fits well and I shall wear it tomorrow so even at full price it would save me over£20.

Latest posts

Back