another switch off.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Never thought I'd say this, but after 20 minutes of listening to the clipped shouty voice of Ophelia on fashion outlet, I now appreciate the 'ordinary' sound of Katy, Julia, and even Charlie. The " w e h a v e a g o o d s'l e c t i o n o f c o l o u r s..... " is a turn off for me.

Never thought I'd say this, but after 20 minutes of listening to the clipped shouty voice of Ophelia on fashion outlet, I now appreciate the 'ordinary' sound of Katy, Julia, and even Charlie. The " w e h a v e a g o o d s'l e c t i o n o f c o l o u r s..... " is a turn off for me.
You did well after 20 minutes. I nearly fell over the dog trying too fast to change channels. Absolutely zero improvement it's beyond a joke now! I like to watch the supplement shows and what the guests thought god only knows🤦‍♀️

I’m not a fan of either of the two new presenters, but Ophelia is better than Annaliese who seems to spend most of the time admiring herself in the monitor, flapping her hands apart in an affected manner or saying silly things like “I must have this in my life.” 🙄

I too thought their voices weren't great, but then last week I had my ears syringed (or whatever they call it now), and jeeeez I can't bear either of them now - for all the reasons we've mentioned before,- accents, glott'l stops and shouting being the worst.

QVC have got what they thought they wanted - 2 young presenters to target the young market, bring in a new age group.

I don’t believe they have a young market to target - how many women in that age range (20-35 ???) would buy QVC fashion, jewellery & homewares ? Maybe beauty, but more likely to use the various discounted beauty websites.

Terrible presenters but absolutely fire proof!
That’s what you get by going tiktok,selly telly will be dead in a few years,for obvious reasons the audience shrinks because qvc target an older customer age group.
Also it’s cheaper to shop elsewhere more choice, free postage free returns etc.
Cost and postage charges are very important but qvc don’t get it at all.

I rarely switch on these days and if I do, it's never for more than a minute or two. Even when I watch the on-line demo's of a beauty product I fast-forward through all the guff. The only exception is Tova, who I find essential viewing...for all the wrong reasons 😼

QVC have got what they thought they wanted - 2 young presenters to target the young market, bring in a new age group.

I don’t believe they have a young market to target - how many women in that age range (20-35 ???) would buy QVC fashion, jewellery & homewares ? Maybe beauty, but more likely to use the various discounted beauty websites.
Me neither - Even if one of the youngsters they were trying to attract was channel hopping came across a young, hip presenter "talking their language", they'd only have to see what they were wearing, or the price at the bottom of the screen and they'd turn over immediately.
"Olivia the influencer" or those of that ilk, are not gonna suddenly start buying themselves beige slacks with an elasticated waist or a V-necked acrylic cricket jumper because she's heard a presenter on Qvc "say, yeah mate innit" however, middle England Margaret, might switch over too because this is not what they want to be hearing when they're trying to buy clothes!

Me neither - Even if one of the youngsters they were trying to attract was channel hopping came across a young, hip presenter "talking their language", they'd only have to see what they were wearing, or the price at the bottom of the screen and they'd turn over immediately.
"Olivia the influencer" or those of that ilk, are not gonna suddenly start buying themselves beige slacks with an elasticated waist or a V-necked acrylic cricket jumper because she's heard a presenter on Qvc "say, yeah mate innit" however, middle England Margaret, might switch over too because this is not what they want to be hearing when they're trying to buy clothes!
This is sooooo true - and they pay marketing/PR department staff to realise this!?

A Young market can't afford QVC prices.

Latest posts

Back