Another QVC con

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I was browsing the electronics and wondered why the ipad mini had such poor reviews, so had a look.

Apparently, QVC were selling it for £100 more than JL, but were trying to justify this by giving wonderful "ADDED VALUE" including a free subscription for FREE TELEPHONE SUPPORT.

It turns out that this support is based in America, so every time you use this "FREE" service you have to pay for an international transatlantic phone call.

As the reviews said, this was not mentioned in the presentations.

A real con IMO, as bad as Abbi's "Made in Britain" radio, actually made in China.

Incredible, how do QVC get away with this? They must breach so many advertising/trading standards rules every day.

omg qvc really have sunk low what a farce. anyway apple give free advice and classes on the phone and instore. poor lee is looking embarrassed as we speak as red as a beetroot. i would not like to work on qvc you would have to lie everyday

Absolutely shocking! No way would l buy this from QVC. I honestly do not know how they get away with conning people like this - AND YES QVC YOU ARE CONNING PEOPLE!!!

QVC like to draw people in who can't afford something by offering easy pay, they end up paying way over the odds, and QVC say these payments are interest free? that's hilarious. :mysmilie_15:

I was browsing the electronics and wondered why the ipad mini had such poor reviews, so had a look.

Apparently, QVC were selling it for £100 more than JL, but were trying to justify this by giving wonderful "ADDED VALUE" including a free subscription for FREE TELEPHONE SUPPORT.

It turns out that this support is based in America, so every time you use this "FREE" service you have to pay for an international transatlantic phone call.

A real con IMO, as bad as Abbi's "Made in Britain" radio, actually made in China.

I'm still annoyed with them for saying you can listen to European stations,all they give you is a plug converta so you would need to take the radio with you when travelling,very misleading.

This should be reported to Trading Standards and also mentioned on FB, Twitter etc.

When is a freebie not a freebie?
When it's a QVCbie.

I could never work this one out either, Lee (tech guy) was stating how easy and intuitive Apple products are (which they are), but in the next breath was stating that if you do get stuck then you can contact the technical helpline and ask any question possible (can you not just use the tablet and ask google?) I know they have to praise the virtues of all the added value, whether they think it is worth it or not, but even so I think this is pushing it. I think because they don't get any 'profit' as it were from the tablet they have to add the so called added value on to the item so that they can make it worth their while. What does puzzle me though is how come so many people actually purchase it from QVC.

Apple don't need to offer any discounts to anyone as they can sell their items very well at the premium price that they do, hence Q has to think of 'inventive' ways of flogging the items.

They don't care, none of the shopping channels do, IMO. Simply pay the fine (if they ever get one, that is) and IMO the customers end up paying that, as it's probably added on to the price of items. Until they face swingeing fines and/or get taken off screen for a time for any breaches, they will happily ignore the rules.
Incredible, how do QVC get away with this? They must breach so many advertising/trading standards rules every day.

To be honest it sounds more like a mistake on the info given with the iPad and I expect a UK number should be provided - although would be very interested to see QVC's reply on this! If it is not a mistake then they should be refuning people on thisor proving some proper UK support.

To be honest it sounds more like a mistake on the info given with the iPad and I expect a UK number should be provided - although would be very interested to see QVC's reply on this! If it is not a mistake then they should be refuning people on thisor proving some proper UK support.

It was the 3 reviewers that actually bought it who said it was a USA number

It was the 3 reviewers that actually bought it who said it was a USA number

I know - but assume it's a mistake on QVC's behalf as it's one of the selling points and if a US number does need to be called then they obviously (IMHO) need to either correct it to give a number to a UK number or provide proper UK telephone support as that's what is being sold.

theres a website for apple you leave a message and they phone you back in a very short time. its free. like i said you can book tutorials in your nearest apple shop also free. yet to do this. you can even go on my beloved you tube and get ooodles of tips also free

Yep I must admit I had a problem with my iPhone a few years ago, booked a free appointment within 2 days at one of their stores and a guy looked at it, couldn't fix it there and then, so simply gave me a brand new one.

Now that is customer service.

theres a website for apple you leave a message and they phone you back in a very short time. its free. like i said you can book tutorials in your nearest apple shop also free. yet to do this. you can even go on my beloved you tube and get ooodles of tips also free

I wish ther was something like this for Android, I am struggling a bit with my new tablet trying to do things that are easy on the ipad.

TBH it took a long time to learn the ipad as well, I gradually discovered things by accident or word of mouth.

So far, I can't find any way of jumping to the top of the page in Android, so I'm wearing my fingers out scrolling miles back up on FB etc.

There is now a 4th review saying the same thing, that the "added value" is worthless, but still gave it 4 stars despite saying s/he could have bought it cheaper elsewhere.

If Lee Holbein had any moral fibre about him he would refuse point blank to front the presentation of the ipad and thereby not giving any credence to QVC's underhand ways of selling. Lee is the so called expert in the field of tech and this duplicity only serves to harm his credibility.

Latest posts

Back