Another gadget introduced to me by QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apparently there are lots of fake Apple products on the market, such as chargers which can be dangerous.

But they all look very convincing, with all the relevant markings as on the genuine article.

So unless you buy items from an actual Apple shop, it can be difficult to be sure they are genuine, which may apply to £5 leads from Ebay.

At least the Lidl leads don't pretend to be Apple, but just fully compatible.

Yes it's true there are plenty of fake apple items around but if you've look online there are guides to spotting a genuine vs a convincing fake! Plus I've got my original cables. The two or three I've bought from eBay were actually sealed in apple boxes and I tested them before use.
I've tried some of the belkin compatible cables and we didn't get on!!

While not a power cube I have recently bought a WIFI extender from last clicks and it is just AMAZING I now have WIFI in the bedrooms which is a miracle as I live in a bungalow made of solid Cornish granite and I have had to send at least 3 other extenders back not just to Q but to Amazon as well .
It is no longer in stock which is a shame as it was £7.99 less than anywhere else online even including P&P

While not a power cube I have recently bought a WIFI extender from last clicks and it is just AMAZING I now have WIFI in the bedrooms which is a miracle as I live in a bungalow made of solid Cornish granite and I have had to send at least 3 other extenders back not just to Q but to Amazon as well .
It is no longer in stock which is a shame as it was £7.99 less than anywhere else online even including P&P

You beat me to it! It was in my basket one minute, by the time I got OH's card, it was gone.

Glad to know it works. I was holding off buying it from anywhere else in case it needed to be returned.

Do you have the item number or the make/model? I can't find it now and am in dire need of one I know is gonna work. Thanks.

Don't know if you already aware of this (apologies if you are!) but if you put any apple product into airplane mode (which switches off wifi etc to reduce power), whilst charging, it takes a LOT less time to charge...

As for cables, I don't like to use non-apple ones although I have done on occasion, but would never pay their RRP's so I buy all my lightning cables from eBay where you can genuine apple ones in 1 and 2 metres for about £5. Sometimes they don't have their full packaging but so long as they have the official print on the cable they are perfect.

One final tip, is you can't that the device should only take the power it needs from charger. For example if I charge my iphone which is supplied with a 5w charger, on my mini iPad's 12w one, it doesn't damage it as it will only draw what it needs if that makes any sense?!

That really is helpful, thank you! I will definitely try the airplane mode 'trick'!

If you don't need an extension cable, Lidl will have this in on Thursday.

It is a plug-in duel USB charger, but you DON'T lose the mains socket you plug it into.

It is only £3-99.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=33669&ar=6

image.jpg

Just an update. iPad fully charged in about 2 and a half hours in total. And I used vouchers so the charger only cost me £1.95. :wink:

Latest posts

Back