Another Fashion Line??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shopping telly seems to have cornered the market in strangely tapered garments done to extremes - all about covering up your body's "bad bits". Why not just wear a bin bag? You get weird pointy bits down the sides of the thighs and the shorter bit over the tummy gives a pregnancy effect. No, just no.

Not for me ,hate the odd shapes,hi lows,shark bites etc . Cannot think where I would wear most of these....The purple dress, well I would have to cut those hanging side bits off, not that I would buy it in the first place !

Shopping telly seems to have cornered the market in strangely tapered garments done to extremes - all about covering up your body's "bad bits". Why not just wear a bin bag? You get weird pointy bits down the sides of the thighs and the shorter bit over the tummy gives a pregnancy effect. No, just no.

I wore a bin bag the once. Back in the 80s, for a bet. Talk about clingy and as it was worn to a nightclub it was flipping got and stuck to my skin like Sellotape!! :eek:)

Won the bet though lol.

I wore a bin bag the once. Back in the 80s, for a bet. Talk about clingy and as it was worn to a nightclub it was flipping got and stuck to my skin like Sellotape!! :eek:)

Won the bet though lol.

Bin bags were all the rage during the punk era....Very stylish....

I liked the grey jacket with the oversized collar, but then saw it was 50% wool, which would make me itch terribly around the neck and wrists. Nothing else appealed.

Won the bet though lol.

He! he ! he ! around 1970, just met the man who was to become my husband, and I was wearing............... knee length white boots and a tablecloth !! in today's fashion it would be considered a poncho type, but it was a creamy lacy job with holes cut out for the arms and head. It just about came to my knees ! oh happy days.

According to JF not only does he design them but manufactures them himself.

I assume he isn't running them up on his sewing machine in the Q green room so what does that say about YK and other Q lines?

I had the tv left on and this came on air. Jill is going completely OTT! It's ridiculous. It's like it's trying be high-fashion but is coming off as SOO tacky and cheap looking. I mean duster coats?! Even on the models they look like nylon nastiness :(

The way Jill is hyperventilating about him and saying "Where have you been all these years Andrew?", I assumed he was a big designer I was unaware of so I googled him and no mention!!

The fact he manufactures it too just means he has no go-between and probably deals with the or even owns the factory direct - and can therefore make it even cheaper!!

i like the structured plain pieces. the jacket jill franks is wearing is very nice. dont like the georgette tops though.

I tried to find out more... googled and nothing! Maybe from the Yong Kim school of fashion. I'll reserve judgement til the shows.... let's see if we get an actual designer name guesting.

Just read page 2 of these posts! So Andrew Yu exists! Well, that's something, I suppose...

Perhaps its Kong Yim's brother ! I think there is a marketing ploy here with the Asian names, - seeing as how Jimmy Choo, and Vera Wang had a bit of success.

Won the bet though lol.

One of my colleagues at work got married in the 70s in a wedding gown made of white bin liners .She looked lovely in it, and her wedding gown was featured in the newspapers :nod:

Bin bags were all the rage during the punk era....Very stylish....
The plastic wedding gowns and dresses do pop up in fashion articles, I was goggling to see if I could find my colleague 's wedding dress and found a few dresses made out of plastic bags and some are really pretty.
I like this one, even though it is made out of better material :mysmilie_17:
6a012876b7eaf6970c0120a7bd7891970b-620x929-@InspirationsWeb.com_.png

He! he ! he ! around 1970, just met the man who was to become my husband, and I was wearing............... knee length white boots and a tablecloth !! in today's fashion it would be considered a poncho type, but it was a creamy lacy job with holes cut out for the arms and head. It just about came to my knees ! oh happy days.

We are the same age group Brissles!

I liked the grey jacket with the oversized collar, but then saw it was 50% wool, which would make me itch terribly around the neck and wrists. Nothing else appealed.

Jill looked lost in it, she gave a long speech on how cold she gets, and "you all know I am always cold" (as if we were interested) and how many roll necks she had and how she always wore them ( and I thought, no, you are mostly seen in those silly one shoulder creations that expose your bony shoulder ) .
I wanted to watch the new design, otherwise I would have switched to another channel,to watch anything else!

I bet you were well in fashion :)

Latest posts

Back