Another corker from the Flint school of selling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
So, Arnica (aka pointless, expensive placebo) Gel at £24.56 with free P&P.

"Just think of it like this. If you're used to paying the p&p then take £4.96 off the QVC price which brings the price of the gel down to less that £20...."

Eh????

Sorry love, by my reckoning the gel is still costing me £24.56 and no doubt that's what I'd see on my card statement shoud I be stupid enough to buy it. Unless youre actually going to charge me under £20 pack it in with the twisty logic.

Oh no not this one again!!! She has tried that one before, made no sense then and still makes no sense!!! The item still costs what it costs!!!

So, Arnica (aka pointless, expensive placebo) Gel at £24.56 with free P&P.

"Just think of it like this. If you're used to paying the p&p then take £4.96 off the QVC price which brings the price of the gel down to less that £20...."

Eh????

Sorry love, by my reckoning the gel is still costing me £24.56 and no doubt that's what I'd see on my card statement shoud I be stupid enough to buy it. Unless youre actually going to charge me under £20 pack it in with the twisty logic.

Arnica gel is, in my opinion, as far removed from being a placebo as it is possible to get. I have used the arnica gel for years and it is extremely effective and, for the volume of product you get, very economically priced. I use it nightly on my forehead, it is great for my arthritis and bruising and, although it is a homeopathic remedy rather than a medical one, this means I can use it rather than pump myself up with even more drugs. I use it on my boxers who, by nature, are very boisterous dogs. Also, mum fell down the back door steps the other day; first thing I did was apply arnica to her forehead and it didn't bruise. I wouldn't be without it.

Another arnica fan here. Ordered the litre size from Fleabay when I found one cheaper than Q earlier this month. That's by the way. Ms Flint's warped selling patter yet again, eh?? She really is a hard-nosed seller no matter how nice she tries to come over on screen. Doesn't wash with me.

Went to an 'Eeek day a year or so ago with Art Deco as her guest (so lovely of her to ask me and we had a great day out in the big city) and DF was the presenter alloted to talk to the guests and do a quick presentation along with an 'Eeek man from America. After she spoke, he talked about the 'history' of Eeek and she butted in telling him to tell us how Eeek wasn't going to be around forever and is limited in its supply, like tanzanite so buy it while you can as an investment...........yeah, right Debs.

This is, as Sazza says, an old trick. I remember her doing it before. Even me, with my GCSE maths fail can work out that it's a load of old tosh. What's worse is that people will fall for it and buy, thinking they're really getting a good deal when they're not at all. Awful tactic.

Another arnica fan here. Ordered the litre size from Fleabay when I found one cheaper than Q earlier this month. That's by the way. Ms Flint's warped selling patter yet again, eh?? She really is a hard-nosed seller no matter how nice she tries to come over on screen. Doesn't wash with me.

Went to an 'Eeek day a year or so ago with Art Deco as her guest (so lovely of her to ask me and we had a great day out in the big city) and DF was the presenter alloted to talk to the guests and do a quick presentation along with an 'Eeek man from America. After she spoke, he talked about the 'history' of Eeek and she butted in telling him to tell us how Eeek wasn't going to be around forever and is limited in its supply, like tanzanite so buy it while you can as an investment...........yeah, right Debs.

The woman is a machine.

She really lets herself down when she comes out with rubbish like that. I'm surprised Q haven't pulled her up for it. It's tacky sales spiel like this that give tv shopping a bad name.

Ugh. Just now, she came out with another one. The £90 odd TSV sold out so she pointed out that you could buy more than one on advanced orders and not worry about how to pay for it til later.

Very responsible.

Thanks LEL & BB. Blimey, limited stocks of a lab created stone eh? What ever next, the mind boggles lol!

I don't rate the SBC product, am hideously allergic to the ingredients and it's too weak but the Bioforce arnica gel is really great.

Ugh. Just now, she came out with another one. The £90 odd TSV sold out so she pointed out that you could buy more than one on advanced orders and not worry about how to pay for it til later.

Very responsible.

She does this so often and I cringe every time. I know people have to make their own minds up but to be fair some people are so easily lead and pay the consequences. Sad.

She does this so often and I cringe every time. I know people have to make their own minds up but to be fair some people are so easily lead and pay the consequences. Sad.

You're so right. good job i'm a cynic or else its very easy to get sucked in.

She was on full on finger wagging form today, in the revitalash hour she gets really excited when the tsv goes on to advanced orders, she started saying 'brilliant, you can order today and you wont pay until its dispatched, which means, you probably will now be able to afford it, as we are not shipping it until mid feb, so we wont take the money till then so now you can buy one, even buy another one for a friends and maybe another one as a gift for a family or friend later kin the year, you wont have to pay up front. So if you didnt have enough money today and thought oh I cant treat myself to this fantastic revitalash offer, now you can, so get on them phones, get on the web, get on the re acvtive button or tap the app, to get yours.

Now I wasnt quoting verbatim but this is basically what she was saying, repeating it over and over, finger wagging hyper drive.

I just stopped and listened and I thought so basically she is saying if you cant afford this £120 0r £130 product, just order on advanced and just pay next month. Now is that encouraging debt? maybe thats a bit strong, but promoting advanced orders to people who have no money today , well probably thats because of life, food bills, how does debbie know that the £130 might be half of next months pay for some people, benefits etc, so she thinks they should get 1 ,nay 2, nay3 she said as you can worry about paying next month. She did empasise about not worrying as pay next month, How does she know people will not have to worry when they have to pay next month.

I know we all have to be financially responsible but Debbie when she is on hyper-sales mode is so high pressure sales. There are people just getting by who may just be swayed by her talk and have to stump up next week over 100quid for this revitalash stuff.

I've seen people post on FB that advanced orders have sometimes been sent before the stated date, so it's fine to think you will have the money to pay on the given date but QVC might send the order earlier completely messing up your budget.

What is Debbie Flint talking about? Let's round things up for ease..... £25 + £5 p&p = Normal total price £30. £25 + £zero p&p promo price = £25. HOW IS THAT UNDER £20, the silly woman!??? Arnica gel is a great product but £20 would be way overpriced. You can get it in many places for far less than that!

Latest posts

Back