Another Ali Young clothing disaster...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Yes - I cannot contain myself. Watching Alison Young's beauty night in, instead of the usual black therapists uniform style outfit, we appear to have a grey boiler suit with the arms cut off. It is about the single most unflattering outfit I've ever seen her in, and that's saying something. It's added not merely pounds on her but stones! This after the dungarees and umpteen other fashion faux pas. Please, QVC, don't let your resident beauty expert on air in such awful outfits.

Had to turn over from Great British Bake Off to have a look and it is as you say. It's hideous and makes Ali look very tubby.

Do my eyes deceive me or is she sporting a coordinating grey blusher? Her makeup is often a bit weird but tonight it's deathly.

Do my eyes deceive me or is she sporting a coordinating grey blusher? Her makeup is often a bit weird but tonight it's deathly.

I didn't look at her face, my eyes were drawn to her outfit and not in a good way.

Alexis has a strange goggle-like effect - tanned forehead, cheeks and nose and an almost luminous paleness around the eyes... and yes, Ali's makeup is looking very pale and shimmery, which means it's picking up the colour of her boilersuit... hence the greyish tinge to her complexion.

Don`t know if any of you have ever seen the film " Death becomes her " with Golide Hawn and Meryl Streep but tonight AY reminds me of their characters. They take a magic potion which is supposed to keep them alive forever but doesn`t stop their bodies from ageing or decomposing. AY look the spit of them in the latter stages.
death.jpg

........... we appear to have a grey boiler suit with the arms cut off ...........

Yes I saw her in that in a clip on the Beauty Channel the other day. Horrid!!!

I also saw a clip on the Beauty Channel earlier on where she was wearing something which can only be described as a bird dress. Absolutely awful. It was all lacy at the top and all feathery at the bottom. I've never seen anything like it outside of a Las Vegas Show!! Truly Horrible.

Don`t know if any of you have ever seen the film " Death becomes her " with Golide Hawn and Meryl Streep but tonight AY reminds me of their characters. They take a magic potion which is supposed to keep them alive forever but doesn`t stop their bodies from ageing or decomposing. AY look the spit of them in the latter stages.
View attachment 10914

OMG! That thought had crossed my mind as well...

Just had to dig out a video on the website to have a look at what i'd missed. Well . . . . . :mysmilie_11:

Personally i keep away from any shade of grey clothing on my top half as it completely drains my face.

And while I'm on the subject of sartorial elegance - what on earth possessed Jill Franks to team a glittery, drapey (saggy) silver tunic top with baggy flared black trousers?

I'm not listening to the show, but it looks like the clothes are hanging off her.

cheetycat - what you describe sounds beyond bizarre, even by Ali Young's rather low standard. I know she's a game one - never minds making a fool of herself, or laughing at herself. Did she wear it for a dare, I wonder?

I have a feeling it was when the BM foundation won a beauty award as that girl SJ and the other one were also on. I only happened to be walking past the TV and thought "oh my god, what IS that" :grin:

She wore a black feathered dress for last year`s beauty awards. It had a lace top and black feathered skirt which made her look like a big crow !

She wore a black feathered dress for last year`s beauty awards. It had a lace top and black feathered skirt which made her look like a big crow !

Yes I think you're right and that's the very one Vienna. I've just put a pic on of it.

I love the clothing disasters on QVC. I hope QVC don't stop Ali Young choosing her own wardrobe and get the stylists in to remove all individual personality. It's almost worth tuning in on her shows just to see what she is wearing. I was a young teen in the early 80's and have cringed at the memory of my grey boilersuit ever since LOL! Many of her outfits remind me of my 12 year old fashion victim days. Has she appeared on air in leg warmers yet?

In the second pic of cheetycats, AYs nail colour blends in with her top and it looks like shes lost the tops of her fingers.

Last week I caught a glimpse of her wearing palazzo-style pants in a really "loud" jazzy pattern - looked like loon pants from the '60's. She looked a sight and a half, like someone still looking for the exit from the 1969 Woodstock Festival.

Yes - I cannot contain myself. Watching Alison Young's beauty night in, instead of the usual black therapists uniform style outfit, we appear to have a grey boiler suit with the arms cut off. It is about the single most unflattering outfit I've ever seen her in, and that's saying something. It's added not merely pounds on her but stones! This after the dungarees and umpteen other fashion faux pas. Please, QVC, don't let your resident beauty expert on air in such awful outfits.

The only thing that makes sense regarding the grey boilersuit is that AY was running late from her audition for a part in Battlestar Galactica, so she didn't have time to change.
I don't believe for a second that she chose to wear it of her own free will. No way would our resident beauty expert come on air looking like a tit. Oh, wait..........

Latest posts

Back