Annoying voices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've never criticised a presenters appearance, but their voices are another matter.

Anne Dawson grates on me (if she is the one with the strange Scottish accent).

And also Me-haw ???

We could widen this out to voices in general on TV, as well as QVC.

For example, my worst 3 are Graham Norton, Keith Lemon (the man who ruined Through the Keyhole) and Alan Carr.

What are your worst voices on Q and TV in general?

The one and only Kim of Kim and Co!

I cannot bear Coral the Links of London guest's sing-songy delivery and the total absence of any substantial information she provides. I could grit my teeth about the delivery if there was anything useful being uttered. This absence of factual information is a growing trend... particularly amongst the rent-a-gob bland ambassadors, unfortunately. They merely regurgitate slogans and catch-phrases. They don't appear to know anything worthwhile... frankly many of them are surplus to requirements.

What beggars belief with Coral is that it appears she does actually work as a Marketing person for LoL. Surely there's more to be said about the products than "amaaaaazing" and "iconic" on a continuous loop???

I cannot bear Coral the Links of London guest's sing-songy delivery and the total absence of any substantial information she provides. I could grit my teeth about the delivery if there was anything useful being uttered. This absence of factual information is a growing trend... particularly amongst the rent-a-gob bland ambassadors, unfortunately. They merely regurgitate slogans and catch-phrases. They don't appear to know anything worthwhile... frankly many of them are surplus to requirements.

What beggars belief with Coral is that it appears she does actually work as a Marketing person for LoL. Surely there's more to be said about the products than "amaaaaazing" and "iconic" on a continuous loop???

Seems a nice girl, but didn't give Chloe a chance to speak the other day, kept singing between words!
Can I add Abbi (gadget person) have to switch off - everything about her is annoying!!!!!!

AK drives me mad with her speaking at the speed of light but not actually telling us anything and also, I think she tries to bully the customer in to buying with her dominant attitude.

One of my favourite Leighton Denny moments (I really miss him, he cut through so much crap from the presenters) was when Clare was mocking his accent and he said something like "you can talk, you sound nothing like that off screen!" :mysmilie_17:

Ha ha ha ha ha love it ....:mysmilie_17: love it .....

The worst Q voice for me is easily Chuntley's. It's so phony 'little miss innocent' it's unreal.

Literally :mysmilie_59:

The 'bronzo Italia' lady, sorry I don't know her name but awful voice .

Letizia La Mela. She also does a number of other ranges on QVC... appears on all of the QVCs as far as I can tell. She has quite a nasal way of speaking English. It's a bit of a shock to the system after listening to Ginetta Martini (Veronese in UK - tho Letizia does Veronese in other countries).

Yes Letizia is a bit nasally but I can forgive her because English isn't her first language and she does sound better in Italian.

I like Ginetta because she has no worries about telling the presenters off. Unfortunately she is rarely on now.

From Q, definitely MeHall or whatever his name is, Claire Sutton's impression of a 3 year old whenever she speaks, Charlie Brooke's slow drawn-out drawl (although when he speaks normally, he's OK), DF with her fake chumminess one minute, snotty airs the next minute when her voice goes up an octave, others are Julian Clary who's voice I just cannot stand and find him unfunny, Vicky from Gemporia & Jewellery Maker (she puts on the Geordie accent when it suits her, and drops it at other times), Chloe from TJC, again fake chumminess alternated with snottyness. I'm so with you on Keith Lemon, surely the definition of how to be totally talentless and yet still appear regularly on TV. There must be others, but these are all I can think of at present.
I've never criticised a presenters appearance, but their voices are another matter.

Anne Dawson grates on me (if she is the one with the strange Scottish accent).

And also Me-haw ???

We could widen this out to voices in general on TV, as well as QVC.

For example, my worst 3 are Graham Norton, Keith Lemon (the man who ruined Through the Keyhole) and Alan Carr.

What are your worst voices on Q and TV in general?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back