Annoying voices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No Clare Sutton yet?On general TV I cannot abide Keith Lemon even if a trailer flashes on I have to switch him off.Years ago I couldn't watch Lorraine Kelly then they toned down her accent.I think the same with Steph? the presenter from BBC Morning TV.

My top 3 annoying voices:

1. Claire Sutton.
2. Err, umm......Claire Sutton?
3. Now let me think about this for a moment, hang on......oh yes, I've got one......Claire Sutton!

Her inane, infantile squeaking is made all the more irritating by the fact that it is 100% faker than a fake thing!
She did a video where she had taken home & was trialling a camera & guess what? Yep, that's right, she spoke in completely normal voice!

:mysmilie_503:

My top 3 annoying voices:

1. Claire Sutton.
2. Err, umm......Claire Sutton?
3. Now let me think about this for a moment, hang on......oh yes, I've got one......Claire Sutton!

Her inane, infantile squeaking is made all the more irritating by the fact that it is 100% faker than a fake thing!
She did a video where she had taken home & was trialling a camera & guess what? Yep, that's right, she spoke in completely normal voice!

:mysmilie_503:

One of my favourite Leighton Denny moments (I really miss him, he cut through so much crap from the presenters) was when Clare was mocking his accent and he said something like "you can talk, you sound nothing like that off screen!" :mysmilie_17:

I forgot to add 2 IW presenters to my list of annoying voices, Mike Mason and Peter Simon, can't stand them!

I could list a fair few but just posting about Richard Jackson on tsv thread, having never witnessed him before, and in combination with Craig too, and his voice and intonation is unbearable! Argh!

I could list a fair few but just posting about Richard Jackson on tsv thread, having never witnessed him before, and in combination with Craig too, and his voice and intonation is unbearable! Argh!

I agree, Richard and Craig look like two unwanted garden gnomes, they put me off my breakfast when I switched on qvc this morning... I can't watch either of them... but they do make a perfect pair to switch off.......:mysmilie_10:

Obviously Claire Sutton, but Steven the Yankee chappy-his voice irritates me,and Fiona from Decleor.

On TV agree with Alan Carr,also John Bishop and the whole of the cast of EastEnders especially Danny Dyer!

I've come to the conclusion that if you aren't at home during certain times you miss a large bunch of presenters.

I rarely see the following so I either don't mind them or can take them in the small doses I get:
Claire S
Kathy t
Craig
Simon B

However even one second of the following is a second of my life I'll never get back:
Sarah G
Chuntley
Marv
The awful Abbies
The two who do Christmas tat and lights
Jacki K
Alexia L'occtaine
All and every stylist

Those I used to really like are fast going into the above section - Julia, Pippa's and Ali K

But I suppose most of the above is mannerisms rather than voices (with the exception of TAAs

I can't bear to listen to one minute of Eastenders
But I love a Gordie accent.

Luckily the man with the voice I hated most is no longer on, and thankfully I can't remember his name.

Seemed to have a mix of Oz and S African accents???

He started out selling the rezap battery charger, then cleaning stuff.

And he was always shouting, he must have worked on a market stall.

If you know his name, please don't remind me, please, please, please.

Oh, go on then !

Luckily the man with the voice I hated most is no longer on, and thankfully I can't remember his name.

Oh, go on then !

I think it might be the dreaded 'flower tower Hawkings' can't remember his first name...

I can't see Julia Roberts on the list. Her little girl voice drives me to distraction.

She's getting worse, isn't she? It's a shame because she's one of the better presenters.

Strangely Julia appears to be adopting a number of extremely irritating habits of other presenters. Flicking hair and flirting with camera and male guests - Jill Franks personified.
Pointing finger, sarcastic "humourous" put-downs, gratuitous references to her literary efforts - Debbie Flint to a tee. Glued to i-pad and constant references to tweets - Debbie Flint and Sara Griffiths... Abandoning her normal speaking voice - well like her or not, Claire Sutton is guilty of that. Far too much monitor watching - Catherine Huntley.

She's still largely professional, though sadly no longer to the degree that I used to admire.

I find her a mostly acceptable presenter... but goodness me, she really needs to migrate permanently to wearing a larger size that doesn't make her look like a shrink-wrapped sausage in her clothes.

Oh, go on then !

David Hawkins!

Latest posts

Back