Anne Dawson.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think I could name several other QVC presenters who bore me to tears enough to switch them off, or who I find shout at me and trust me, Anne is not one of them. I could be wrong here, but I have something in the back of my mind that I overheard with regards to Anne's hearing. I don't think she has poor hearing, but I seem to recall a mention of one side not being as good as the other.

She has so far had a very fulfilled life, with several strings to her intelligent bow which I respect. I wish I could have a house in Italy, I'd be over there every weekend or more now that I'm retired, alas I can't afford to. Good luck to Anne I think she is one of the best presenters on that show.

Get rid of skinny bare shouldered, long haired Jill Franks, and I wouldn't even notice she was gone, same for the 'ever popular' Debbie Flint who I thought was brought back by popular demand hmmmm, I wonder who that was!!

It could be that your ear is more attuned to the accent than others. We tend to associate Scottish accents with soft Edinburgh accent whereas AD would be more Gorbles.:giggle::giggle:

A tad insulting to the range of Scottish accents/tones to be found on the West Coast of Scotland not to mention Scotland as a whole. The Gorbals has undergone massive regeneration and my own accent which is found to be harsh amongst fellow Scottish folk is thought to be quite pleasant down here in Oxford.

Look, I have already apologised, but amazing how all her fans have rallied - must be the few positive points ever posted about her

Glad that hotlips pointed out that there are different accents and dialects here in Scotland.

I would perhaps add, so as you don't feel left out, I find some accents south of the border, extremely difficult to understand, so lets not get ahead of ourselves, there are some English accents that offend my ears.

I think the manner of AD's speach and decibel level has nothing whatsoever to do with her being Scottish!

Latest posts

Back