Anna's hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
I'm not one to generally criticize presenters looks ~ they can't help what they look like! ~ but oh my goodness Anna's barnet is awful. Lank and sticky looking and plastered to her head. Way too dark too. She's doing the PK hour so maybe it's one of the products that's causing it. Not a good advert.

i have to agree,it was dreadful. it lacked body and it just stuck to her head.
The elasticiser did that to my hair,so maybe she'd been elasticised before the show.

I think the same. I loved her hair when she started, when it was blonde and shorter. I dont like the long red/brown.

I'm not one to generally criticize presenters looks ~ they can't help what they look like! ~ but oh my goodness Anna's barnet is awful. Lank and sticky looking and plastered to her head. Way too dark too. She's doing the PK hour so maybe it's one of the products that's causing it. Not a good advert.

Philip Kingsley doesn't need anyone to give adverse advertising - although, I like Anna's hair - his elasticiser does a good enough job of making it look bad! In my experience.

I've been tempted by some of PK's products, but Anna's hair has totally put me off trying them. I'm sure it usually looks better than that.

I can recommend the Itchy Flaky shampoo and scalp toner, also the Daily Defence but didn't get on with the elasticiser.

I can recommend the Itchy Flaky shampoo and scalp toner, also the Daily Defence but didn't get on with the elasticiser.
Isn't that funny I really didn't like it either. I couldn't even give it to my mum or best mate as they tried it round mine & didn't suit it. Praps it doesn't suit all hair types. Made my head itch badly and my hair lank. (Bought the kingsize supersize of the bliddy stuff too so didn't send it back grrr). I must sell it on Ebay, at least I may do someone else a turn and not loose the money I spent on it. It was vey expensive as I recall even as a TSV.

I did the same bought into the hype and ended up with a bucket sized container of it as it seemed good value to buy it like that! What are we like lol?

PHEW! I do doubt my judgement sometimes DJ, (I did buy diet chef this time last year lol). I'm relieved I'm not the only one who has been guilty of believing the hype. I think we bought the same TSV :grin:

I didn't see any improvement with Elasticiser, it gets shampooed out so I didn't believe it would do anything. However...

A few years ago I ruined my hair trying to bleach out a colour I didn't like and "spoke" online to Scott Cornwall (colourist who created colourb4) and he suggested I apply Elasticiser after every wash as a conditioner and re-apply a small blob as a leave-in conditioner to help my hair recover and it worked. In about a month my hair was well enough to take the colour I wanted. (I can thoroughly recommend colourB4 if you want to remove brown hair colour with a view to going back to blonde).

Haven't used Elasticiser since, mind you, because I still can't see the point of applying for a few mins before shampooing, it's too faffy having to apply it to wet hair. At least with Ojon you can apply it to dry hair.

Jude xx

Imo Anna could do with the Babyliss big hair thingy, it would give her hair shine and lift, it does wonders for my hair.

It's fine as a rinse out conditioner or as directed as a pre-shampoo treatment, my hair is poker straight like Anna's but there's more of it (iykwim). I think just a few fine highlights would improve the look of Anna's hair (not too blonde), it 'd give the illusion of more volume and lessen the helmet head look. I think Anna's improved as a presenter, she looked relaxed on the Silk Route show this morning (royal blue shirt looked nice with her hair colour), sometimes it's a relief to watch an hour without a loud presenter making the show about them rather than letting the guest and the products speak for themselves.

Jude xx

I'm just pleased that I bought the PK elasticizer when it was beauty POM, so saved £5.95 p+p. Like many other people, I had been attracted by all of the positive hype re this product so, although I don't mind spending big on haircare, I did think the PK was expensive, but worth giving a go. It had absolutely no effect whatsoever on my hair, and went straight back.

i find elasticizer has an accumalitive effect. my hair just got better and better and i took it for granted. i stopped using it over several months and my hair is not the same so i use it once a week and will not be without it. but i have dry thick hair anna has fine soft hair maybe its just too heavy for her hair type. i also prefer his shampoo and conditioner but buy it from feel unique for around £70 but it lasts over a year. prefer it to ojon but i love ojon restorative as well the best product in the ojon like imo

It actually works on my hair and I quite like using it - I have very thick hair that can be frizzy and dry on the ends but quickly greasy near the scalp. With the Elasticizer it dries in lovely big waves and people think I've used rollers when I haven't. I do use it as a conditioner most of the time, though, usually I just don't have the time or presence of mind to do the whole ten minute pre-wash treatment faff.

I have tried Elasticizer on my thick and naturally wavy hair, and although I got good results I couldn't justify the cost so went on the search for a cheaper (and more natural) alternative.
This is when I discovered Coconoil, a brand of virgin coconut oil that you get from amazon, and I swear by it now. It comes in a tub and is solid at room temp. I scoop a few spoons into a bowl and microwave until it's a liquid, then apply it to dry hair (albeit a bit messily) then wrap your hair in clingfilm and wait about 30 mins. Shampoo and condition as normal and the results are outstanding. It leaves your hair so soft and shiny with no sign of frizz.
I also use it as a cuticle treatment, just let the heat of your fingertips melt a bit in the tub and apply liberally to cuticles. Smells like a bounty! And it is food grade so can be used to replace oils and butter in cooking.

Latest posts

Back