Ann Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia is pally with him to the extent she's a regular at his 'parties' and his home - though whether that extends to his tax haven home in Monaco is not known.

I'm fed up with seeing the promo for him, done at least 5 years ago when he celebrated his 40 years 'in the business', yawn ! I should imagine the male model wearing the indian headdress is probably a granddad by now its so old ! I supposed we're lumbered with it until the 50th anniversary is reached - if Q are still going then !

I remember a show a couple of years ago. I can't remember exactly how the subject came up, but Simon definitely said that he had never met Julias other half.
I thought at the time that it seemed very strange considering him & Julia are supposedly such good friends. I also remember (possibly on the same show)?, that he brought her birthday/Christmas present with him and gave it to her on air. Again, I thought that was strange. Why not take it to her house for example? Of course, there could be any number of reasons why, but it just seemed weird.

I can't quite understand what you're all complaining about? He's always like that!
Yes, he's a little bit abrupt and DOES talk a little too much!! But that's just him. In his nature. Really it's just a passion for his business. Nothing wrong with that!

I only saw three minutes of the show and it was enough for me to see that it was uncomfortable viewing. ... No need to SHOUT :mysmilie_59:... Having Empathy for Ann Dawson who was almost imho dismissed when all she was trying to do was help Simon sell his products ....nothing wrong with feeling awkward for somebody either ...nobody's perfect ...

I only saw three minutes of the show and it was enough for me to see that it was uncomfortable viewing. ... No need to SHOUT :mysmilie_59:... Having Empathy for Ann Dawson who was almost imho dismissed when all she was trying to do was help Simon sell his products ....nothing wrong with feeling awkward for somebody either ...nobody's perfect ...

Shouty shouty doesn't make good television you're quite right! But again it's just his passion for his items, either telling people how they could wear them, how to unclip them etc something to that effect. It's like an idea overload he just does it in a bit of a aggressive manor! But nothing wrong with that Anne Knew what he was like and had a laugh and a joke with him! So what's wrong with that? He's been doing it long enough to know what his customers want. Albeit the range isn't what it once was. As long as the presenter can give out the basic information everything else is on-screen so we don't need to be patronised keep having the number read out.

Also may I just point out... Simon's tone to the model Ali that a few of you have picked up on. They go back a very long time and are friends! It's just "banter" which he can get away with because he knows her. She's done so much modelling for his company over the years she's almost the face of the brand!!! He's doing something right to continue this BRITISH brand right into today's climate from the 60's. Focus on the products!!

I remember a show a couple of years ago. I can't remember exactly how the subject came up, but Simon definitely said that he had never met Julias other half.
I thought at the time that it seemed very strange considering him & Julia are supposedly such good friends. I also remember (possibly on the same show)?, that he brought her birthday/Christmas present with him and gave it to her on air. Again, I thought that was strange. Why not take it to her house for example? Of course, there could be any number of reasons why, but it just seemed weird.

I can remember him giving her gifts on air.

Shouty shouty doesn't make good television you're quite right! But again it's just his passion for his items, either telling people how they could wear them, how to unclip them etc something to that effect. It's like an idea overload he just does it in a bit of a aggressive manor! But nothing wrong with that Anne Knew what he was like and had a laugh and a joke with him! So what's wrong with that? He's been doing it long enough to know what his customers want. Albeit the range isn't what it once was. As long as the presenter can give out the basic information everything else is on-screen so we don't need to be patronised keep having the number read out.

Also may I just point out... Simon's tone to the model Ali that a few of you have picked up on. They go back a very long time and are friends! It's just "banter" which he can get away with because he knows her. She's done so much modelling for his company over the years she's almost the face of the brand!!! He's doing something right to continue this BRITISH brand right into today's climate from the 60's. Focus on the products!!

Well is it British????????

Nope, not made in Britain.

Hmm "Banter"? or "Hectoring"? One man's banter is another woman's bullying.

However he behaves in private is up to him and whether people wish to be in his company and are prepared to accept it. I don`t care whether people class his manner as being " just his way ", that`s fine as I say in private but on TV in front of X thousand people and when trying to flog his overpriced tat which needs all the help it can get, he comes over as rude and arrogant. The viewers ie. QVC customers will go by what they see and hear and if I wished to buy a BW piece ( which I don`t and never will ) then he would certainly have lost a sale from me. We all comment about presenter rudeness and most folk aren`t happy with it so why should people accept a guest`s rudeness ?

He wasn't even just "bantering" (if you will) with Ali, but was also talking in a rather dismissive way to the other model. He doesn't know her from way back, as evidenced by the fact that he had to ask her name.

The whole point of QVC is to give the illusion of entertainment as they flog their goods. If the whole time you are watching through your fingers at the train-wreck of a programme, I doubt you'll be picking up the phone unless you are a die-hard B&W customer for whom Simon's behaviour is no big deal.

All I can say is that if that's his attitude to the staff helping him sell his wares, it doesn't augur well for how he would treat me as a customer.

I actually felt sorry for Ann Dawson. Simon Wilson just keeps going and clearly has no respect for anyone who isn't Queen Julia. Dawbags is only trying to do her job by giving sizes, etc., and the cadaverous Mr Wilson talks over the top of her every time. (Normally not keen on Ann, but she's certainly earning her money this afternoon trying to sell his tat.)

"Cadaverous" is the perfect word to describe Simon Wilson. He's like a skeleton with a bit of skin stretched over it! He thinks he's so avant-garde with his dinner plate brooches he wears, when he he looks like an old corpse in a velvet jacket! He seems so vain and narcissistic, he probably doesn't get the same ego-stroking from Dawson that he would from Julia "I'm a size 12" Roberts.

I have to disagree with most, but I'm entitled to my opinion, I'm not a SW fan, however I like that Anne got a taste of her own medicine, the reason I find her one of the worst Q presenters to watch is because she always seems to screech over the guest and never let them say anything, finally she may realise how that must feel after her show with Simon and hopefully she will learn……..

On another note she really shouldn't botox her forehead so much, it just highlights how badly her lower face has aged - IMHO

On another note she really shouldn't botox her forehead so much, it just highlights how badly her lower face has aged - IMHO

Unfortunately QVC have not yet started selling the fountain of youth. When one is in one's 50's I think ageing is unavoidable - I think she looks good but I've no idea about the botox.

CC

Unfortunately QVC have not yet started selling the fountain of youth. When one is in one's 50's I think ageing is unavoidable - I think she looks good but I've no idea about the botox.

CC
Though they would like us to believe they do…….. Regarding Ann, maybe I was a little harsh but what I mean is I wouldn't notice her lower face ageing if her forehead wasn't so smooth and frozen, I think she would look well for her age without the botox, she certainly isn't the only person on Q (presenters, guests and models) to have had injectables - it's their prerogative but they should be a little more honest if they are flogging us all so called 'anti ageing' products.

Though they would like us to believe they do…….. Regarding Ann, maybe I was a little harsh but what I mean is I wouldn't notice her lower face ageing if her forehead wasn't so smooth and frozen, I think she would look well for her age without the botox, she certainly isn't the only person on Q (presenters, guests and models) to have had injectables - it's their prerogative but they should be a little more honest if they are flogging us all so called 'anti ageing' products.

It's tough because it must awful being on screen and open to criticism especially reading stuff on places like this forum about how you look or are ageing etc (I try not to be critical of things people can't change and generally not appearance negatively at all). And people have often slagged off her appearance on here poor woman so I don't really blame her!
But equally if we are meant to believe and trust in them and the products they are selling when they've 'cheated' with injections and surgery etc, that then doesn't seem fair either.. I know people have said Lulu is the worst offender in this respect and it's her brand!!

I think I must be un-observant (or just don't know how to spot these things) as I would have no idea Ann had had botox, nor did I think Roberto the Italian was wearing a wig!

QVC, I found myself staring at the top (shirt? blouse?) that Simon was wearing! Either he was sitting with one shoulder higher than the other, or he is wedge-shaped. It looked a really strange fit and the fabric was so shiny - surely he bought it from a theatrical costumiers and it was last used in a pantomime? Or is he auditioning for the part of a Russian Cossack Dancer? He's a strange man, seems quite sarky and distainful at times, looking down his nose, then there's a burst of humour. He did talk over Ann D, but I guess that's not a bad practice for guests to adopt, as ALL the Q presenters seem to talk over their guests and interrupt them constantly.

I actually felt sorry for Ann Dawson. Simon Wilson just keeps going and clearly has no respect for anyone who isn't Queen Julia. Dawbags is only trying to do her job by giving sizes, etc., and the cadaverous Mr Wilson talks over the top of her every time. (Normally not keen on Ann, but she's certainly earning her money this afternoon trying to sell his tat.)

I think Simon's reached an age and place in his life where he doesn't need QVC but it's an additional selling arena that he enjoys doing, as long as he can control who he's with, hence the lovely Ali (hubby's favourite model) and Queen Julia, who works well with him. The other ones I've seen him with that he likes are Pipa and Jill Franks. I get the impression that if he didn't like what QVC are giving him and he couldn't have his own way, he'd tell them to stuff it.

He wasn't even just "bantering" (if you will) with Ali, but was also talking in a rather dismissive way to the other model. He doesn't know her from way back, as evidenced by the fact that he had to ask her name.

The whole point of QVC is to give the illusion of entertainment as they flog their goods. If the whole time you are watching through your fingers at the train-wreck of a programme, I doubt you'll be picking up the phone unless you are a die-hard B&W customer for whom Simon's behaviour is no big deal.

All I can say is that if that's his attitude to the staff helping him sell his wares, it doesn't augur well for how he would treat me as a customer.
Exactly he asked the model's name and then proceeded to ridicule it as if he felt superior to her. What a rude and nasty thing to do. I dread to think how he would treat someone like me if I ever strayed into his shop. I've driven past it a few times but have thus far resisted.

Latest posts

Back