Android App - When are we going to get one?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Considering that more people have Android phones than IPhones you would think that QVC would realise they are missing an opportunity here.

I have asked them many times to shake a leg but still no Android App.

Yes I've often wondered when we will have one and I can 'Tap the app'. I think there are more people with Android phones that people with iphones now.

I had an iphone and hated it. When it went wrong I opted for a Samsung Galaxy replacement which I absolutely love. It should be an android app rather than an iphone app.

Be fair Android has only recently started to out sell the iPhone and it takes time to develop an App for either one. It's not just about phones. You have to take the iPad/tablet market share into account.

The first QVC app wasn't great but the new one is. Really easy and quick to order but it does bugger up occasionally.

I am, however, seriously biased towards the iPhone. I've had one from the get go and I love my iPhone.

Actually I think Android phones have always had the lions share, that is, all the different Android phones via the on IPhone. I phoned them up and asked a couple of times last year and they said that the matter was in hand and that the Android App would be ready by the end of 2011 but here we are still waiting.

Actually I think Android phones have always had the lions share, that is, all the different Android phones via the on IPhone. I phoned them up and asked a couple of times last year and they said that the matter was in hand and that the Android App would be ready by the end of 2011 but here we are still waiting.

Up until last year iPhone definitely outsold Android. I could argue hardware against software and composite Market shares but it doesn't really matter.

I've just remembered that Pipa said something about the Android app at the weekend. Maybe that it would be along in the next few weeks??

I wish I understood what this is all about, my faithful old mobile hasn't even got a camera! :blush:

Yes, I have to agree - this all goes over my head. I do have a camera on my mobile phone, but I have never used it!! My son has a Samsung Galaxy phone and I won't even answer it for him if it rings, in fact, I don't know how to answer it!.

I love my iphone and would not be
without it but I would never be so
judgemental to say because I like
my phone get rid of androids. Each to his/
her own. How boring if we all liked the same
things.

I've just got an android phone a Samsung Galaxy and I hate it!! Well I like some bits of it but oh I am so slow at texting on the touch screen, I can touch type at 40wpm on a keyboard and text like a speedy thing on my old phone but I seem to have thumbs like a giant on the qwerty touch screen and it takes me 5 minutes to type the most basic message. By day two I was nearly in tears and actually threw it across the room. Oh well I have Angry Birds and Talking Tom to console me!

I've just got an android phone a Samsung Galaxy and I hate it!! Well I like some bits of it but oh I am so slow at texting on the touch screen, I can touch type at 40wpm on a keyboard and text like a speedy thing on my old phone but I seem to have thumbs like a giant on the qwerty touch screen and it takes me 5 minutes to type the most basic message. By day two I was nearly in tears and actually threw it across the room. Oh well I have Angry Birds and Talking Tom to console me!

I've had my Galaxy for about two weeks. My first Android. And I lovvvvvvvveeeeeee it. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:. Bring on the app.
But like you, have real trouble with the touch screen qwerty keyboard. My OH reckons I've started texting in Russian.
And isn't Angry Birds horrendously addictive....?? Fell asleep,last night playing it.
:taphead::taphead:
Oh, and leave Talking Tom's tail alone, he doesn't like it.....:tongue::tongue:

I downloaded the QVC USA app on my cheap android (I like to nose at their bizarre food products.......barrel of satsumas off shopping telly anyone?????) and that seems to work fine (although obviously I haven't ordered via it) so why cant QVC UK do it now???

Download the Swiftkey x keyboard app from the Android shop. It's really good. I think it might be on offer at the moment.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I got a Samsung Galaxy about a month ago and also struggled with the qwerty keyboard. I was so much slower than on my previous Sony Ericcson phone and I began to regret buying it. I don't have huge fingers but I do have long nails which caused a problem because the touchscreen is heat sensitive rather than 'bash' sensitive. It resulted in my taking ages to text a short message and because I had to hold my fingers at a stupid angle to get the screen to work I often sent half completed messages (sent by accident.)

I downloaded the manual, because the quickstart sheet was a good as a chocolate teapot and, after finding the information I needed, I switched the texting to predictive text and bought a stylus. I'm now back up to speed, when texting, and love the phone.

If they bring out an app I'd download it, as an alternative method for ordering, but, to be honest, I'd probably stick to ordering via Q-cut or the website which is what I usually use.

Turn the phone on its side and the keyboard will be the length of the phone rather than the width, making the keys much bigger. If it doesn't do it automatically when you turn the phone, go into settings, then display and then tap Auto-rotate screen (fourth one down).

Turn the phone on its side and the keyboard will be the length of the phone rather than the width, making the keys much bigger. If it doesn't do it automatically when you turn the phone, go into settings, then display and then tap Auto-rotate screen (fourth one down).

thanks. I have been doing this after I went to the 3 shop and moaned that I could work databases, a Kindle, touch type etc but could not send a text that wasn't just one word or gibberish. He showed me how to get the landscape screen and yes it is easier and I am learning not to bash it like my old phone. I think if someone set up evening classes on how to get the best out of your I phone, Andriod or Blackberry they would be on to a winner!

Latest posts

Back