And you all thought AY didn't show her feelings!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
Anyone else watching the Philosophy hour just now and see Aly Young having to wipe a tear away and asking Robyn to cover for her a second? A lovely lady had just rung in to tell them how her daughter Sasha had joined the army and had taken all her Philosophy products with her and Aly asked her to pass on all our thanks to her daughter for all she was doing for the world. She then had to admit she was teary-eyed and took time out to deal with it. I thought it was a lovely moment and I hope all those cynics out there saw AY's very genuine reaction!

not to all of us. to some of us she is pretty common, to say the least. she has occasionally outbursts. i remember when a t-caller during a laura geller show (spring 09) revealed that she was a corporate lawyer. at that point, AY was so emotional and almost in tears. the climax of the moment was when she uttered: "you see, even bright people are using our products". when it comes to AY's reactions, it is shock and horror!

besides, most of us complain about her porkies and the deception in that she's been actively trying to pass herself as 'an independent beauty expert'.

Sorry, but I find AY to be one of the most false presenters on any shopping Channel. I take it she has another job, otherwise she is being paid too much. Doubtless she is a lovely girl to talk to, but all her prattling on about different brands of beauty products makes me squirm.As for T-callers, the least said, soonest mended !

Doubtless she is a lovely girl to talk to, but all her prattling on about different brands of beauty products makes me squirm.

Well as someone who has enjoyed many of the products she has introduced me to I could not care less really what she is like as a person.

She is simply there to present the products and as QVC's 'resident beauty expert' 'prattling on about different brands of beauty products' is surely just doing the job she is paid for?

I quite like her and her blunt ways. I guess she's from a part of the country that more easily speak their minds than we Cornish folk who tend to be very laid back but also a bit anal when it comes to that:hi:

This was why I pointed it out! I think AY gets a lot of stick around here for being false (I don't personally think she is) but this was a very genuine reaction and I thought it worth pointing out. If it was a pointless post, then I apologise.

no doubt it was a genuine tear. she is constantly over-emotional and this is not intended as a compliment.

alison has a fun sense of humour and she does talk over people a lot but that aside i like watching her. no show is ever the same and the way she reacts to people and the other way round always makes for a roller coaster ride.
some of the presenters are so boring and i could really say that of quite a few...
alison is not one of them!:up2:

She has done this once or twice before - once she did it when she was talking about her wedding, and she really did well up with emotion, felt it was a very genuine reaction from her - maybe she has close relatives who are away in the army or something, and it's reminded her of them?

This was why I pointed it out! I think AY gets a lot of stick around here for being false (I don't personally think she is) but this was a very genuine reaction and I thought it worth pointing out. If it was a pointless post, then I apologise.

thing is all those people who keeping slating AY then it is easy SWITCH CHANNELS WHEN SHE IS ON! NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO WATCH HER, and let the rest of us who dont have a problem with her continue to enjoy her beauty slots.

thing is all those people who keeping slating AY then it is easy SWITCH CHANNELS WHEN SHE IS ON! NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO WATCH HER, and let the rest of us who dont have a problem with her continue to enjoy her beauty slots.
If you want to buy beauty products then there is a limited number of shows when she's not there. If you like say jewellery but you don't like a particular presenter then you can avoid watching that presenter but still have plenty of other shows to pick from.

Let's face it, there is no such thing as a bad presenter, otherwise they would not be in the job. Also, everyone has their own favourites, so it is up to the individual. Regarding switching off, try telling the wife that :giggle:

Donna & Burleybear, that is exactly what hubby would say as you cant possibly be upset and cry unless you are 1 Pregnant, 2 Menopausal or 3 Pre menstural (clearly not all!) Lots of sympathy in my house!!

Latest posts

Back