And the biggest waste of space is......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
....atm, Charlie Brooke, as I'm watching the pets hour. "Tweet me @mecharliebrooke" he entreats us all. So, despite knowing better, I tweeted in with a question about the harness. regarding my 3 legged boxer and the suitability of this item for him. I sent this when he was demonstrating the product. No reply at all. Call me cynical, but he did have time to read out 5 star reviews! Another tweet about the neater feeder; I tweeted in asking for the dimensions of the bowls in the large, as they are not listed on the website. Again, I messaged this when he was showing the item and, again, he read out 5 star reviews! Presenters like Debs, Julia, Ali K, Claire always reply to tweets. Charlie, Craig, Miceal have never replied, and Chloe did - eventually. How often do I have to repeat this : if you are not going to acknowledge tweets, don't invite us to send them in because it is the height of ignorance not to mention them. Two possible lost sales from me, due to lack of information.
QVC is becoming increasingly more passive and uninterested, and self assuming, in a narcissistic kind of way. Shoppers will not accept being treated with such apathy and will vent their displeasure in the only way which will make a permanent impact : abandoning the Q in droves.
Is there anyone out there, who believes that the Q will still be around come 2020? If not, why not?

Unless things change, I think it will become a beauty channel only, if it survives. It seems to be the bulk of what they sell. I actually wonder if they've overcommitted in having 2 channels on air, hence the dearth of new products?

You're possibly better to ring customer services if you have a specific question, the presenter may not have the answer to hand or may not be allowed to put the guest on the spot if there's any possibility that they won't know the answer or the answer wouldn't sound enthusiastically positive. CS sometimes will speak to the buying team or some other relevant department and come back with an answer while you're on hold, if you ask about a product and the info isn't on their screen. Most of the tweeted questions I suspect are selected to show the product in the best light, generate the most sales or answer the most commonly asked sort of query. Emails are best for a more complex set of questions, but will take longer to get a response but they're pretty good at finding the info and reply (usually) in a day or so. I'm not under any illusion about the request for tweets is to provide a real Q&A opportunity, they're a shop not a service.

You're possibly better to ring customer services if you have a specific question, the presenter may not have the answer to hand or may not be allowed to put the guest on the spot if there's any possibility that they won't know the answer or the answer wouldn't sound enthusiastically positive. CS sometimes will speak to the buying team or some other relevant department and come back with an answer while you're on hold, if you ask about a product and the info isn't on their screen. Most of the tweeted questions I suspect are selected to show the product in the best light, generate the most sales or answer the most commonly asked sort of query. Emails are best for a more complex set of questions, but will take longer to get a response but they're pretty good at finding the info and reply (usually) in a day or so. I'm not under any illusion about the request for tweets is to provide a real Q&A opportunity, they're a shop not a service.

Like Lenny not answering XL sizings discrepancy/illogic. Let's only be upbeat but don't forget you can send item back! Yes, at a cost. It was embarrassing I'm afraid.

To be completely fair to Charlie, although he did ask for tweets, he later said, a couple of times that he couldn't seem to get any signal on his ipad, so he probably couldn't read them.

Think the reviews he read out appeared to be printed out beforehand.

Some of them go the whole other way and spend too much time on tweeting. It can be annoying seeing a presenter looking at their IPad all the time. I don't like them reading out the 5 star reviews either because they ignore the bad reviews.