And the baby's name Julia?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As the Olympics are soon, reminds me that Elvis Stojko was famous for his quad|figure skating. Olympique|World Canadian. His mum made his costumes and he skated to EP's songs so he embraced his unique name, but still ...

gorgeous baby - congrats to Ali & partner. I like the name - first time I came across it was in the book of Gone With The Wind, and as many of you will know that was set around the time of the American Civil War in the 1860s - she was the sister of the hero, Ashley (played wonderfully in the film by Leslie Howard!)

I was a bit unsure about it at first Sue especially as they'd picked up the Fenix spelling but I said it sounded like floor cleaner or fly spray.
It came about as 3 times there were threatened miscarriages.
Now I think it really suits him, he's 21 on 14th, strawberry blonde and curly until his hair is cut!

Like Bristols? :cheeky:

Naaaaaa ---- there was never a T in my nickname to start with. My maiden name was Briscoe - it was late husband who gave me the name 'Brissles' before we married.

ALTHOUGH it must be said that many did think it was meant to be Bristols due to my being well endowed, so to speak.

Very cute baby! I don't dislike the name India,although I'm sure in her school years it will be shortened to Indy,which I really don't like

Beautiful baby,but as a Midwife I can confirm many a chav child own this name along with other popular ones like Scarlett and Poppy.
However many non chav children have far far more ridiculous names,some of them laughable in their quest to be unique!

Very cute baby - congratulations to Ali & Charles. Not so fussed on the name but she wasnt named to please me!

Congratulations to Ali and her husband on the birth of their daughter.

I have a friend at work and for months, as she calls her daughter Indy, I thought she was called India but when I got a Christmas card is was from my friend and her daughter, Indiera which is a very pretty name I think - don't mind India too.

There was a girl on some telly thing one called Iona which is a Scottish island I think - very pretty.

There are some beautiful names around and often its a perception of a person that might make the name sound a certain way.

My friend has just had a daughter and called her Imogen which I think is lovely - I think girls names are easier than boys from a choice point of view.

My mum always hated her whole name and completely changed the whole lot in 1993 when she was around 40/41 and she is looking to change it all again for her 60th :)

i know i wanted very strange (to other people lol) girl names when i was pregnant, mostly greek mythology names, and nearly everyone sighed in relief when we were told we were having a boy. and nearly everyone hated his name too, Teague. my attitude was 'i like it, sod them'. luckily we cant all be john or david

i know i wanted very strange (to other people lol) girl names when i was pregnant, mostly greek mythology names, and nearly everyone sighed in relief when we were told we were having a boy. and nearly everyone hated his name too, Teague. my attitude was 'i like it, sod them'. luckily we cant all be john or david

That'a a lovely Irish name borednow - it comes from the Gaelic name Tadhg which is pronounced Tee + gue or more often Tye + gue - it means Poet or Philosopher (you probably know this already :)

beautiful baby not surprising with ali as her mum :) congrats to ali and hubby i personally like the name india maybe it's personal to them some wonderful holiday to the country maybe? i know some people have reasons for choosing the names

Congrats to Ali and partner. Beautiful baby and with a stunning Mum like Ali that's no surprise. India?? No sorry didn't like the name the first time round when it surfaced in the 80s and still don't, and that also goes for all the other 'place' names like China, Chelsea, Phoenix, Brooklyn, Orlando etc

Orlando was a real name well before it was the name of a place but otherwise I agree with you.

Latest posts

Back