and change

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's what they say on the QVC US programmes...what America did yesterday; Britain does today.

Dennis Basso has been using that term for some time now, certainly before Mr Green. Two reasons not to like it!!!

Last edited:
Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh my goodness this phrase really presses my buttons, and not in the good way! I did notice Daniel Green use it first, hence my intense disliking of it!!

yes have to say its a phrase I associate (sp) with dennis basso.

The lady who does indigo moon - denise? - her fave one is "its only 2 fivers and change -I look at everything in fivers" or "its only a magazine and a latte and change"

I couldn't stand that about Daniel-sounds like they are trying to be cool and trendy, but it's just rude. The pennies count as much as the pounds-it's not as if they are willing to knock "the change" off the price, is it.....? If it's so insignificant, round the ****** price down to the nearest pound, then! Rant over!

I couldn't stand that about Daniel-sounds like they are trying to be cool and trendy, but it's just rude. The pennies count as much as the pounds-it's not as if they are willing to knock "the change" off the price, is it.....? If it's so insignificant, round the ****** price down to the nearest pound, then! Rant over!

Saying just over £x annoys me too, especially if the just is 50p or more, as mathematically that would be rounded up to the next whole number of £s so they should say just under £x+1.

Yeah! With beauty TSVs why don't they just say "it's tuppence under £40 as usual" and have done with it?

Or even better - "it's £45 give or take a few pence including P&P"

Never going to happen is it? ;) :(

The only presenter who ever mentioned p&p charges was Paul Lavers.
Unless,of course,it's free & then it's mentioned all the time!!

Latest posts

Back