An obsolete TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Bose TSV radio.

No DAB.

Will be useless when FM is switched off.

Apart from that, there are so many DAB only channels these days that you won't be able to hear on this TSV.

Reminds me of when QVC were still selling analogue TV's just before the analogue transmissions were switched off.

OMG! and the price! There's no excuse for no DAB at that price...even the reduced one! All I can hope is that people don't rush into this just assuming it's all the latest technology. Ok, I guess if you don't want the radio bit, but I couldn't imagine many people would want to spend that sort of money on something they can only half use!

Whilst I would agree that no DAB is a serious oversight,I believe that there is absolutely no danger of the FM signal for radio being switched off anytine soon......indeed if ever.

I like DAB and have a couple myself,but it is not the be all and end all and RAJAR findings suggest this.For many DAB is still very much limited,any slight interference and the radio signal is gone.DAB take up has not been as successful as was expected nor as swift.

In my opinion it is not necessarily a deal breaker.

Whilst I would agree that no DAB is a serious oversight,I believe that there is absolutely no danger of the FM signal for radio being switched off anytime soon......indeed if ever.
To say nothing of all of the 1,000,000 of cars out there with built in radios with no DAB.
While most people only had one or two TV's to switch over most people have 4 or 5 radios in the house and there is no easy add on like the freeview box.

I love my DAB radio. But then I got it off Amazon refurb....I didn't pay £500 for it!

Those headphones they are flogging look comfortable and good quality, but £129?? That seems a bit steep.
I think I'll stick with my pink fluffy skullcandy :sun:

*snigger*

Oh dear the sound demo just went a bit wrong.

There's something about that BOSE guest presenter that reminds me of Officer Dibble on Top Cat....or is it the spare head on Zaphod Beeblebrox?
I can't quite make my mind up...

I looked at it too and couldn't believe it didn't have DAB! For that price it is a disgrace.

The Bose candles-and-tubes bloke usually sends me straight to sleep or diving for the remote, but I listened long enough to hear one of my top ten annoying phrases "off of". Grrrr!

I switched off of!

Jude xx

Its just as bad as when Q sell HD TVs with built in DVD players and Freeview (ie not Blu-Ray and Freeview HD)

Pretty pointless.

I agree totally with the OP. I don't have any piece of Bose equipment and, along with the price, the main reason is due to the absence of a DAB radio. Yes, for such an exorbitant cost there certainly is no excuse for not having DAB. Why would anyone even consider spending nearly half a grand on something which, in a couple of years, may be topping up the recycling!

I know NUUUUUthing about technology, but have just picked up a magazine where Bose are advertising this sound system (as usual with no price), and its really highlighting the fact that its with DAB - which, as this thread is all about, tends to make the TSV look old hat.

Just thought I'd mention it.

like what paul? just curious because i thought bose was supposed to be the bees knees.

I ordered a previous Bose, then cancelled it when I bought a Vita Audio R4 instead, much better, better features, cheaper, built in everything (ipod dock, Dab, USB, etc).

Google it if interested.

I am so suspicious that you cannot listen to the Bose in any shops, you have to send away for it. Then, you may not get around to returning it (inertia selling) even if not too impressed.

I get both annoyed and ironically amused at what QVC presenters DON'T say about missing features.

For example, when presenting the Bose with DAB, they stress how wonderful DAB is and how you should never buy a radio without it, then, when selling one without DAB, the word DAB is carefully never mentioned.

Same with TV's a couple of years ago, never buy a TV without freeview, until they sell one without freeview, then it is not mentioned.

When selling Fuji cameras previously, they always mentioned the MOTORISED zoom, until the last one, when they carefully avoided saying it had a MANUAL zoom.

As someone else remarked earlier, Bluray is the be-all and end-all when they are selling anything (TV or PC) with one built in, but never mention it when selling an item with an ordinary DVD,

Latest posts

Back