An Elemis TSV before Christmas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I tried the sample cleanser last night.My face felt soft after use but it felt tight and was red.The papaya enzyme peel in the last tsv also left my face red. I will still probably buy the tsv because I would like to try the other products.I was thinking of buying 2 (if on easy pay) but will probably only go for 1 now.:mysmilie_493:

Hmmm, the jury is still out on the cleanser. Imo, the cleanser is exactly the same as the Gatineau active eclat gommage. Same consistency and smell. It feels more like a peel to me than a cleanser. My normal skin felt a bit dry, and I much prefer the Pro Radiance cleanser.

i got a 'postcard' this morning.........4 piece kit skin norishing & hand body lotion....melting cleansing gel [ lovely had a sample sachet ].....pot of PCMC.....+ the monoi melt......think the 5 piece is the bag it comes in.....they dont usually count the bag /box etc though do they....sign of the times i guess

i got a 'postcard' this morning.........4 piece kit skin norishing & hand body lotion....melting cleansing gel [ lovely had a sample sachet ].....pot of PCMC.....+ the monoi melt......think the 5 piece is the bag it comes in.....they dont usually count the bag /box etc though do they....sign of the times i guess

I thought that too and thought it was a bit of a cop out but then reasoned that if we're only paying the price of the PCMC we shouldn't moan cos the rest are full sizes but then last night on QVC I saw an ad for it and there was a small bottle of Frangipani Monoi Melt Oil with it.

I thought that too and thought it was a bit of a cop out but then reasoned that if we're only paying the price of the PCMC we shouldn't moan cos the rest are full sizes but then last night on QVC I saw an ad for it and there was a small bottle of Frangipani Monoi Melt Oil with it.

I saw that too Val, and it swung it for me as was thinking of ordering one for my sister as a pre-wedding pamper gift, so the addition of the oil makes it a done deal now! :up:

The one that's in the TSV is the same as the one that was in the Try Me Kit.

Not sure about different hand & body lotions though.

Thanks, Tabatha ! :flower:
I'm a bit sorry about that, because it made my hands red and burning.

In the set?

Thanks for asking, ClaireDC ! :flower:
I was just wondering if Elemis had 2 different nourishing hand and body lotions, in the hope that the one in the TSV would be different from the Try Me.

I have mild roseaca and the new cleanser did not bother me. But I cannot use the papaya mask as it makes my face itch, not tingle as the Elemis sa said. No I told her it makes me want to scratch my face when I remove. So stopped using it and wouldn't touch the Tri range either.

The new Melting Cleanser is not moisturising as it has rice in it. I know in the video Noelle said it mattified your face to help makeup stay on better. Now I will say I do not class it in the same league as the Rad which does it all including waterproof mascara.

i cannot go anywhere near elemis skincare loaded with stuff that irritates my skin. i want my skin to look flawless not full of boils.

I saw that too Val, and it swung it for me as was thinking of ordering one for my sister as a pre-wedding pamper gift, so the addition of the oil makes it a done deal now! :up:

Also, saw the oil featured on the QVC video clip about this TSV.

I tried my sample this morning and my immediate reaction was that this was just like Gatineau’s Activ Eclat Radiance Enhancing Gommage, same texture and smell.

So after checking out the ingredients within Gatineau’s and Elemis’s new product (with Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel thrown into the mix) here are my findings:

Gatineau: Enzymes used in this peel come from apples (malic acid) also contains glycolic acid (from sugar) and Lactic acid (from milk) all forms of AHA’s.
It also contains Linolenic acid from edible fats and oils which is an Omega 3 fatty acid.

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel: Enzymes used in this peel are Papain from the unripe green Papaya and enzymes and sugars from Pineapple.
It also has Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids from Porphyridium Cruentum Extract (red algae).

Elemis Melting Cleansing Gel: Enzymes used in this gel are from the Papaya. It also contains Omega 6 fatty acids and Linolenic acid from Sunflower seed oil along with fatty acids from Argan oil.
Rice Hull powder is to control skin shine leaving skin matt.

All three products are very similar.

Donna255 – the reason why you may not have reacted to the new gel could be because the concentration of papain enzyme appears to be lower in this product.
In the peel the Papaya enzyme is 8th out of the 25 in the ingredient listing whereas in the new gel it is 16th out of 22 ingredients.

Papain in it's purest form does cause irritation and itching.

:flower:

Thanks, MsTrouble for this great analysis ! :flower:

Are the 22 ingredients of the new Elemis Melting Cleansing Gel written on the sample itself or on a card coming with it ?

I'm asking you this to know if the whole list would be scanable !

I'm still unsure about buying this TSV, which I would buy nearly only for the new cleanser, as I have 2 brand new exotic shower creams and I never use the PCMC (because of the silicone). Plus, I'm allergic to the hand and body lotion.

It is on the back of the sample. I have scanned it so hope you can see this:

Didn't work...upload file failed!

Last edited:
Here we go again...fingers crossed!

Attachments

• New Picture1.jpg
    New Picture1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 210
:flower::star::flower: THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH, MsTrouble ! :flower::star::flower:

It has worked perfectly ! :up:

Now everyone can easily read all of the ingredients, including the components of the essential oils ! (without you having to type them all)

I'm very happy to see them as if I was one of the lucky receivers of a sample :grin:
:mysmilie_378:
:flower::flower::flower:

Thanks, Tabatha ! :flower:
I'm a bit sorry about that, because it made my hands red and burning.

Thanks for asking, ClaireDC ! :flower:
I was just wondering if Elemis had 2 different nourishing hand and body lotions, in the hope that the one in the TSV would be different from the Try Me.

Well the one on timetospa.co.uk is in a blue tube but I do think it's the same cream, but possibly in a red tube since it's a supersize version (extra 100ml). Has this helped at all? If you need me to, I can ask the Elemis PR people for you for more clarification. xx

I agree Donna. Got the most horrendous reaction from Alpha H, but am fine with Elemis.:up:

That's the beauty of skincare though, what may work for you may not work for the person next to you - hence why it's great to have such a good choice of products and brands. x

Well the one on timetospa.co.uk is in a blue tube but I do think it's the same cream, but possibly in a red tube since it's a supersize version (extra 100ml). Has this helped at all? If you need me to, I can ask the Elemis PR people for you for more clarification. xx

Thanks, ClaireDC ! :flower:

I think the body cream in the TSV won't suit me :sad:, but we'll see what Keeley says on THE day.

Of course, if it doesn't bother you too much, I would love to know beforehand ! :heart:

The red tube is the exotic shower cream, I think.
As for the white pump bottle, since it is white and not blue, I was hoping that it would be a different cream to the blue tube one that burnt my hands. :down:

Thanks, ClaireDC ! :flower:

I think the body cream in the TSV won't suit me :sad:, but we'll see what Keeley says on THE day.

Of course, if it doesn't bother you too much, I would love to know beforehand ! :heart:

The red tube is the exotic shower cream, I think.
As for the white pump bottle, since it is white and not blue, I was hoping that it would be a different cream to the blue tube one that burnt my hands. :down:

Thanks for posting about the different coloured packaging BL. That sent up red flags for me too as I wasn't sure then whether you were talking about the PCMC hand cream. I can't use that as it has Rose Extract in it and makes my skin itch and inflamed. The ingredients in the one in the TSV seem ok though. Have checked them on timetospa.co.uk.

Latest posts

Back