Amy Dawn's Niece Bursting With Her News

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Like any reputable? business, no doubt someone approached Dawn with a view to getting her to do things cheaper and being part of the "me me me" generation, she accepted with no concern as to what the implications might be for Dawn....and that's why things are frosty between them. Nothing like being stabbed in the back by people you think are your mates, let alone family!

That's my theory...:wonder:

Like any reputable? business, no doubt someone approached Dawn with a view to getting her to do things cheaper and being part of the "me me me" generation, she accepted with no concern as to what the implications might be for Dawn....and that's why things are frosty between them. Nothing like being stabbed in the back by people you think are your mates, let alone family!

Shucks, I meant Amy in the first bit! It won't let me edit the post.

Way too much excitement --there`ll be tears before bedtime at this rate!!

I remember when Amy first came on air -- entirely thanks to Dawn ---and she said she had no interest in doing craft , she worked in the back office for Dawn , and that suited her .
That suited me too , as I found /find her very difficult to watch and listen too -- her style of presentation is not to my taste

Now she`s bouncing up and down , boasting about her `OWN ` contract -- that`s not professional Amy ---let`s hope it`s a short one !!:wonder:

Like any reputable? business, no doubt someone approached Amy with a view to getting her to do things cheaper and being part of the "me me me" generation, she accepted with no concern as to what the implications might be for Dawn....and that's why things are frosty between them. Nothing like being stabbed in the back by people you think are your mates, let alone family!

If this is the case, it will make interesting viewing - Amy's first shows with Dawn's qvc presenter friends, especially Catherine & Craig.

I hope it's not the case, but I've seen it happen in my own area of work and these days it all seems to be about employing someone as cheaply as possible :doh:

Cheap isn't always best unfortunately. Its the same in education - get rid of one senior, experienced teacher with years of experience and replace with 4 newly qualified teachers earning a quarter each of the original teacher's salary. Its short sighted and a shame.

Cheap isn't always best unfortunately. Its the same in education - get rid of one senior, experienced teacher with years of experience and replace with 4 newly qualified teachers earning a quarter each of the original teacher's salary. Its short sighted and a shame.

Cheap is never the best in my opinion...but then the problem is customers want everything cheaper and cheaper which is why everything now seems to come from sodding China instead of the UK.
I try to make a point of buying British where I can - it's the only way to save British jobs...but how many people out there do do this? Or even care?

Oops...slightly off topic :blush:

Cheap is never the best in my opinion...but then the problem is customers want everything cheaper and cheaper which is why everything now seems to come from sodding China instead of the UK.
I try to make a point of buying British where I can - it's the only way to save British jobs...but how many people out there do do this? Or even care?

Oops...slightly off topic :blush:

Agree with you totally. My driving instructor husband is having phone calls all the time asking how cheap can he do lessons, with no consideration for his excellent pass rate.

Talk about being full of yourself.

Bring back Leonie and Rosemary. Also who was the woman on last week, who did such lovely demos ?

please dont bring back lovely little leonie as shes well at home on the other channel
........im not into scrapbooking BUT rosemary was watchable.......... & dodging behind a VERY big brick wall lets hope amy is too......but dont knock people because of their accents as im a yorkshire lass & love my native tongue till i hear it on TV,,,,then i scringe....but i also do with lots more BUT at my great age im allowed to be a grumpy old sod.....lol xx

Amy's posted this on Twitter "SimplyAmyShaw Just found out what products I'm doing on QVC next Tuesday 6pm - 8pm! SO excited!!! Isn't it great being on in the evening too?! X". So i wonder if they are keeping the "traditonal" time for craft (2-4pm) ?

Amy's posted this on Twitter "SimplyAmyShaw Just found out what products I'm doing on QVC next Tuesday 6pm - 8pm! SO excited!!! Isn't it great being on in the evening too?! X". So i wonder if they are keeping the "traditonal" time for craft (2-4pm) ?

Thats odd, Marion Emberson says is doing the 6 - 8 pm shows on her blog?!?!?!?!

Yes Marion has commented she's doing the Christmas Crafting with Amy but not actually together as Amy's doing the daytime and she's doing the evening.
Looks like Amy's now sharing some of the evening airtime together with Marion with some newly added items.
I did note Marion commented she'd signed a contract with QVC about a month ago.
Wonder in fact when Amy signed hers ?

The trouble QVC have now is not only with who they are going to guest the craft hours but have a big problem with how the presenters will cope.
They are going to have to be on their game much more than usual in the craft hours.
All too many times these days they appear to have done little prep as they depend so highly on the product guests provided for their hours.
Never more so in the crafting hours, like or not Dawn was in fact clearly the driving force in the presentations of the craft hours she was on with.
She was always well on with which item was next, what the item options were, colours, designs etc what was in stock and was excellent in clearly showing what came in each kit.
Presenters were so very happy to stand back and allow her to get on with the presentation with not a clue on the items, just adding in stock levels and how to order.

From my perspective, it is not pleasant to see a young lady gloating over their success so openly, when it is to the detriment of a family member. I know that no family is perfect but family is irreplaceable.

Inge

This 'Amy' person is a tad too "excited" for my liking !!!

(Excited is a word that is constantly used by presenters, to the extent that I feel inadequate in not sharing their utter joy or 'excitement' in the upcoming hour of products)

Latest posts

Back