Amica the Beautiful Model

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If they don't want to actually mention it on air I think they could put up a tribute screen 'In memory of Amica/Beulah, with a picture and their dates at the end of a beauty show, like they do at the end of some TV shows. This would inform viewers who didn't know and be a fitting tribute to them both.

I've seen tweets from lots of QVC presenters, Julia, Catherine, Debbie Greenwood, Claire etc but strangely nothing from Alison Young.

When Smashbox first appeared on QVC it was debuted by the lovely Bill Parks who did the first couple of shows - they said he was the inventor of the eye liner. The next time it was on it was somebody different and right at the end they showed a black memoriam screen with dates and his picture so I'm sure they could do it for Amica and Beulah.

If they don't want to actually mention it on air I think they could put up a tribute screen 'In memory of Amica/Beulah, with a picture and their dates at the end of a beauty show, like they do at the end of some TV shows. This would inform viewers who didn't know and be a fitting tribute to them both.

I've seen tweets from lots of QVC presenters, Julia, Catherine, Debbie Greenwood, Claire etc but strangely nothing from Alison Young.

It could be that AY is too upset at the loss of her friend to comment publicly. When Amica first got ill it was AY who kept the viewers updated. If you watch the video I posted Amica said it was AY that told her to come back to work. As far as commenting on-air, the presenters are employees of QVC, and even if they wanted to pay tribute to Amica, will be told what they can/can't say. Stacy and Mally have commented about Amica during thier shows when I'm sure QVC would have rather they just waffled on about make-up.

Of course any on-air tributes will need to be with the blessing of Amica and Beulah's family.

It could be that AY is too upset at the loss of her friend to comment publicly. When Amica first got ill it was AY who kept the viewers updated. If you watch the video I posted Amica said it was AY that told her to come back to work. As far as commenting on-air, the presenters are employees of QVC, and even if they wanted to pay tribute to Amica, will be told what they can/can't say. Stacy and Mally have commented about Amica during thier shows when I'm sure QVC would have rather they just waffled on about make-up.

Of course any on-air tributes will need to be with the blessing of Amica and Beulah's family.

You may be right there, Alison is quite new to Twitter and looking at her feed she doesn't really post personal things. Maybe (hopefully) she will say something next time she's on air.

I happened to switch on this afternoon and Claire was on with some diamond earrings, she said something along the lines of we should treat ourselves after what has happened to Beulah and Amika, she then quickly said something about not telling people to buy something

John Scott has just done a lovely tribute to Amica over on Rocks and Co. "One of the most beautiful women I have ever met"

I saw and heard Claire on the jewellery show - saying - to the effect- that we should treat ourselves when we felt like it after what had happened to Amica and Beaulah - very inappropriate - flogging things on the backs of two beautiful women who have gone though a lot f suffering and have now sadly passed away. I usually like Claire and hope it just came out of her mouth wrong. Maybe it was the brain washing they get at QVC to sell sell sell and use every opportunity to sell.

To my mind this is worse than Whatters likening a DQ ring to the Diana engagement ring just after her death which had him taken off air!

Yes I agree with you both on that, it was the same with that American woman selling her compact in the memory of Amica. I can't stand this type of selling its atrocious and should be stopped.

To my mind this is worse than Whatters likening a DQ ring to the Diana engagement ring just after her death which had him taken off air!

I think the difference was that Claire was speaking with emotion from a 'life is too short' perspective and saying what she was thinking, while the latter was giving it a hard sell and promoting the ring as a way to 'remember' Diana. Quite different, IMHO.

At the time it seemed a shame, QVC's knee-jerk reaction to Whatters, the world was awash with Diana souvenirs at that time.

I kind of understand what Claire was trying to say as well, but just seems a gauche thing to bring up.

It does remind you to appreciate your life and family.

At the time it seemed a shame, QVC's knee-jerk reaction to Whatters, the world was awash with Diana souvenirs at that time.

I kind of understand what Claire was trying to say as well, but just seems a gauche thing to bring up.

It does remind you to appreciate your life and family.
We're all guilty of gaucheness when we're upset or off-guard, aren't we?

As for 'Whatters', I think the problem was that his 'sell' of the Diana ring came within hours of her death (certainly before the funeral).

Anyway, that's also off-topic, isn't it?

Last edited:
Have only just heard this most distressing news. I felt like I knew her. She seemed to have a lovely personality and the sparkliest of eyes. I can see her now trying on Ken Paves' hair pieces. It only seems like a few weeks ago. I am stunned. God love her an all.

So sad to hear about Amica's passing, such an elegant, beautiful lady, my condolences to her family. I'm sure most of us have been touched by losing someone far too early to cancer and it's always a heartbreaking experience to go through.

As for Claire's comment about "treating yourself", I didn't hear it myself but I'm afraid in this day and age I can't afford to buy myself little pieces of jewellery like I used to but I understand the sentiment. Perhaps we should just treat ourselves well? I'm now almost at the age my own dear mother was when she herself died and it was far too young, I can assure you! So I appreciate everything I have - my son, my extended family, my friends, my own health and my future. xx

Latest posts

Back